Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

2 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

This team is the NFCE Cardinals for years now, they play road games vs all division teams.

I didn't read it right, we're at home but he's stating it will be full of Eagles fans, he's probably right.

Edited by JSSkinz

8 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I bet Jay is quietly laughing.  Ron's W-L percentage is just a little higher and by the time the seaon ends it might not be.  Jay with 2 winning season, granted just barely.  Ron ends up likely with none.

Jay wasn't good.  but Ron clearly wasn't a big improvement.

I was drinking the Ron Koolaid hard his first 3 seasons. It's shocking that he managed to ride Peg-Leg Smith to a lucky playoff spot with a losing record, and that the team has somehow gotten worse since then. I know Dan made things bad, but this is beyond bad team building.

Speaking as a Philadelphian, we're about to win the NLCS and go back to the World series to close out Red October.

Washington better grease the light polls, because that fan base is on fire. If they beat the Dolphins tonight, they'll be feeling unstoppable. If they lose, they'll be coming angry.

If I was in DC, no chance do I go to that game. It's gonna be full of animals.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, resolution said:

I am coming around to Chase Young. I use to think his sideline cheering was kind of fake for some reason. He is becoming one of my favorites along with TMC. They both seem to give a ****.

He has been much maligned. But he is obviously getting back into game shape and can certainly blame a lack of production the past few years on injury.

26 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Appropriate language

Sam misread the coverage on the pick. He thought it was Cover 1. It was Cover 3. He thought he had Dotson wide open and didn’t account for the corner falling back to that deep third under the throw. Bad read.

• Like 1

Just now, MartinC said:

I’m out on EB as a high level OC. 

That was a truly awful game plan and even worse play calling. Howell played poorly but he was hung out to dry by his OC.

In Howells presser he was asked about the early play calling. He basically said we had a game plan and stuck to the initial scripted plays. Are there no contingencys built in if things don't work the way you planned? This has been an issue all year, EB does not make adjustments early, he sticks with what he does way too long 

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Isn't EB's offense supposed to be built around lots of screens and quick stuff? Anyone see any WR, TE or RB screens today? I think I counted maybe two, both to the backs and one was to Gibson on like 3rd and 19 so I don't count that so much. EB needs to work harder and get himself some help during the week when game planning. Screen passes and quick hitters should be a staple of our offense with a young QB and weak O-line.

1 sorta-bubble screen to Terry late in the game. EB doesn't run crosses, or scheme receivers open. EB is not a good OC.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I bet Jay is quietly laughing.  Ron's W-L percentage is just a little higher and by the time the seaon ends it might not be.  Jay with 2 winning season, granted just barely.  Ron ends up likely with none.

Jay wasn't good.  but Ron clearly wasn't a big improvement.

For sure. I thought Jay was Norv 2.0, getting us back to mediocrity. And thought that Rivera would be like Marty, just given more time than one season. But still stuck on mediocre. Ron is rivaling Shanny for being the most disappointing coach post 80s dynasty for us.

Of course, everyone who has coached here the past 30 years has sucked. Even Joe Gibbs.

Just now, Chris 44 said:

In Howells presser he was asked about the early play calling. He basically said we had a game plan and stuck to the initial scripted plays. Are there no contingencys built in if things don't work the way you planned? This has been an issue all year, EB does not make adjustments early, he sticks with what he does way too long 

Everyone on the planet knows Martingdale brings pressure. It seemed to come as a surprise to EB.

Like I said the game plan was awful. But then the failure to adjust was mind boggling. 

• Like 2