Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

Just now, srtman04 said:

Im still really confused about the final 7 minutes....the radio said B Robinson scored a TD to tie it to 14....then I hear we are kicking field goals and missing??  Wtf happend????

Dont know what alternate universe you were picking up but only thing i can think of was the terry pass that he got tapped down...but think that was earlier in the game

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, ANONYMOUS SOURCE. said:

EB calls plays like he’s got an All Pro Oline. Perhaps someone should tell him.

yeah

if you count not finding a way to protect Howell in the first half then it was on the coaching.  Otherwise it was on the offensive line not being good enough

Just now, dunfer said:

Dont know what alternate universe you were picking up but only thing i can think of was the terry pass that he got tapped down...but think that was earlier in the game

The radio said B Rob scored from like the 15 yard line.....that he broke tackles and everything.   The announcers were all exited and I thought we were tied. 

Just now, srtman04 said:

The radio said B Rob scored from like the 15 yard line.....that he broke tackles and everything.   The announcers were all exited and I thought we were tied. 

alternate universe. We were probably undefeated and Everybody loves dan who is still the owner there

1 minute ago, Llevron said:

They deserve it honestly 

After the Chicago debacle and now this…I wouldn’t expect anything else.  Only a masochist actually spends good money on tickets for this team.  

After that Chicago game I made up my mind I wasn’t going again unless somebody hands me free tickets.  I’ve worked too hard for my money to piss it away.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, SkinsFTW said:

Not going for 2 vs the Eagles.

Truth is... if we had scored the TD.  Ron would've overcorrected and gone for 2... then we woulda blew it (missed catch by Jahan Doctson), and we wouldve lost.

this happened last time we went for 2 to win it against the Giants.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BurgundyBooger said:

When you trade your best players off, you create a culture of uncertainty and distrust, where even the hardest working player will hesitate to give it their all or be a team player —  because why, if their hard efforts will be meaningless and he can be shipped off at any time?

They also don't like getting their ass kicked every week and ending up bruised, battered, and exhausted because the team was built incorrectly.  If their hard efforts don't change anything anyway, why would they continue to bust ass. Then they just play and demand a trade anyway. Get high dollar trades and build the team the right way......just my 2cents.

4 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

When you trade your best players off, you create a culture of uncertainty and distrust, where even the hardest working player will hesitate to give it their all or be a team player —  because why, if their hard efforts will be meaningless and he can be shipped off at any time?

This can be true. It can also not be true. It entirely depends on the situation and the people making the decisions. It certainly wouldn’t be true in the first months of a new regime taking over a roster of ****ing losers who have only ever been coached in the NFL by other losers. 

3 minutes ago, resolution said:

not trying to be funny. you think Scott Turner would do better? I think there would at least be more balance with the run game.

I said the 4 games ago. Absolutely yes. Turner wasn't great by any means, but he at least knew how to make the offense winnable. I have to wonder what would have happened if Howell went in as the starter at the bye before the second Giants game. I think we'd be a very formattable team right now.

• Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1