Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread - The Commanders @ The Giants - Failed to take advantage of the falling Giant!

zCommander

Just now, HOF44 said:

Our line combined with Howell holding the bill is just a perfect storm. Going to create historic sack numbers. 

He had Gibson out to the right completely uncovered.  But I think Gibson got tripped up a bit and wasn't out fast enough for Howell to see him.

Just now, FootballZombie said:

No help protection.

I did not like the playcall.

Even his outlets, the RBs, were 20 yards away waiting for the ball at the sideline. That’s not a dump off and isn’t safe to attempt while being tackled. Idk why we can’t have more short, easy options for Howell while he’s constantly under pressure 

• Like 2

One defender got through the line, the rest of the blocking was fine on that 3rd down, if you stand there like a dumbass of course your going to get sacked, get the hell out of the pocket if you see a free rusher breaking through, at least make the effort.

Just now, Rex Tomb said:

He had Gibson out to the right completely uncovered.  But I think Gibson got tripped up a bit and wasn't out fast enough for Howell to see him.

He did, but that isn’t really an easy “dump off” while pressure is hot. It requires full arm while you’re getting hit, Gibson was like 18 yards away along the sideline

Both sacks so far are on the offensive line. It has nothing to do with holding the ball. 

I’m not sure how you even get that thought in your head at this point. Gates whiffed and Charles missed the stunt pass off. 

Our OL is bad. Get Stromberg in for Gates.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1