Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Falcons Fiendishly Feathered

KDawg

1 hour ago, Koolblue13 said:

Danny Johnson over Forbes is a win and Martin almost got his name called if Barton didn't screw up and take that away from him.

It might have been a win but over all it is a loss considering his draft costs. Forbes and Martin were drafted to be in the game playing big parts in the D.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Brian Robison carried 10 times for 32 yards, a 3.2 yards per carry average.

Thats 2 games in a row that he’s been a non factor.  This week they tried harder with no results.

The run game is not working.  People seem to remember the 10 carries for 70 yards game but that was the outlier not the rule.  

and that's because of the OL, the RB, maybe the QB, the RB coaches, the TE, the FO, the owner, but zero fault is on the OC, nor would I ever blame him for any misfortune on the offense.

They just need to DO THEIR JOBS!

2 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

It might have been a win but over all it is a loss considering his draft costs. Forbes and Martin were drafted to be in the game playing big parts in the D.

Oh I agree. It sucks, but they played better today.

• Haha 2
  • Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

Nice to see Crowder with the big play, it was much needed.

Dax Milne would've called for the fair catch on that one...

YARN | Fair catch. Fair catch. | The Longest Yard (2005 ...

Watching the 4th quarter was hard as both coaching staffs looked like they didnt know what TF they were doing... total clown show for both coaching staffs.  and ultimately, one of the two bad teams had to win this contest.

Circus clowns ringling bros GIF - Find on GIFER

• Like 1

There’s a ton I could say about the game, much that has already been said in here.

But the one thing that sticks with me is that Ron’s teams tend to have more wins that feel like losses than any other head coach I can recall.  This was another one of those where it’s easy to think had they been facing a slightly more competent QB/coach combo, they easily lose. 

• Like 2

4 years in and they’re still towards the bottom of the middle tier of the NFL. Some parts have changed but overall, they really aren’t all that materially better. It’s hard for me to analyze individual games bc I feel like we’ve had the same convos for years now. Pick a random game from the RR era, copy and paste whatever you posted that night, and it’ll probably apply today. Sam makes it a little more “exciting” but again, it feels like this is all a waste of time and the biggest takeaway from each game is that we are one week closer to seeing who will lead the team into the next era. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LetThePointsSoar said:

I still can't understand why we don't feed BRob more. He's the type of bruiser back that needs to get in a rhythm, and only gets better as the game goes on... yet we never seem to give him enough carries to get going. 

This win feels like a loss. We have a meh stretch of the schedule upcoming before we get blowed out the last 5 games of the season. 

Because he averages 3 yards a carry or less early in games. 

last week it was 1 yard a carry.  TodY it was 2, through 10 carries.

You just can’t keep feeding it when it’s so bad.

10 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I need someone to explain how that B Rob touchdown was not illegal man downfield.

We had like 2 o line guys 5 yards out ahead.

It was and it was a missed call.

the issue is the timing was thrown off.  Howell wasn’t supposed to have to roll out, but had to, so the timing was off and the refs blew it.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Brian Robison carried 10 times for 32 yards, a 3.2 yards per carry average.

Thats 2 games in a row that he’s been a non factor.  This week they tried harder with no results.

The run game is not working.  People seem to remember the 10 carries for 70 yards game but that was the outlier not the rule.  

I mentioned a week or 2 ago I like Rodriguez as a change up to Robinson, so was glad to see that work a bit.  As @KDawg mentioned, I can kind of see what EB is doing, but running on 2nd and 10, 1st and 20… not the way I’d go (though on occasion you gotta break your tendencies).

• Like 2

I admit I have not seen the entire game but I did see from about mid third quarter to the end and in that stretch Howell and the offense were awful.  Frankly it was more of the Falcons losing the game than it was Washington winning.  Goes in the win column but not much growth to feel positive about in my opinion.  Alot of players on this roster that were supposed to be major contributors that are just not stepping up.  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

4 years in and they’re still towards the bottom of the middle tier of the NFL. Some parts have changed but overall, they really aren’t all that materially better. It’s hard for me to analyze individual games bc I feel like we’ve had the same convos for years now. Pick a random game from the RR era, copy and paste whatever you posted that night, and it’ll probably apply today. Sam makes it a little more “exciting” but again, it feels like this is all a waste of time and the biggest takeaway from each game is that we are one week closer to seeing who will lead the team into the next era. 

I prefer top off of the bottom. They lose vs the middle of the pack teams. They only beat the bottom feeders and it’s never by a lot

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Surprised about Dotson’s regression 

Me too. He’d looked pretty sharp in preseason and the reports out of camp were pretty positive as well. He’s just not playing with confidence right now - it happens. Needs a couple of good catches to get his confidence back. EB scheming something’s for him early to get him in the game and get him feeling positive would be a good idea.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Taylor is playing pretty well. They might not rush him back even if he’s cleared.

I am watching it.

Though Daniel Jones turns into Dan Marino when he plays Washington typically so not sure who I’d rather start 

Something to celebrate 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Haha 4

I'm still analyzing this. 

I'm looking at KC and Philly in the past in terms of Andy Reid offenses and the distribution of passes to WRs and TEs and RBs. I know there have been all star TEs and WRs and RBs but I can't remember how it worked on terms of WRs. Like I can think of a #10 killing us or TO, but #10 was a go route guy and TO was a jump ball guy for a year. 

I wonder if this is a product of Andy's system