Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

And there's a big difference between having information that something is going to happen and that this is going to happen.  Increased activity at an army base might be an indication that there is evidence that somebody has information suggesting that something is going to happen.  But that doesn't mean they know there is going to a widespread pretty well coordinated attack pretty much across all of Israel.

Though, in the US, I'm pretty sure the GOP will try to pin this as a intelligence failure by Biden.  That they knew or should have known and alerted Israel and didn't.

• Like 2

Thank you @Larryand @PeterMP

I’m not interested in entertaining a “they let it happen” conversation. IMO you need a lot of specific information before you can do that. 

but I do generally find that side of things interesting. The very lengthy write up on the lead up to Russia invading Ukraine is as an incredible read, for example. 

11 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

Big fat slap in the face for Netanyahu.  Of course it also gives him the excuse for getting rid of the Palestinians, in an ugly way, that I believe he probably wants.   

Except they’re so useful to him. Unless he’s really considering occupying Gaza, they’ll go in, kill up a bunch of people for vengeance purposes, because historically that’s been their policy, with the secondary mission of finding Hamas’ leadership and weapons. After that, I believe they’ll almost certainly pull out. If they occupy Gaza, the weapons supplies probably slow to a trickle and the reason they left in the first place becomes a huge problem. Under those circumstances, the Palestinians do what they should have done long ago, i.e. disavow violence and start nonviolent demonstrations for the right to vote. Israel left the first time because they were already worried the world would see them as S. Africa part two. OTOH, now that that much of the world finally sees them for what they really are, they may decide they DGAF because they’ve got financial and diplomatic cover from their rich Uncle. 

3 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I found it interesting how the commanders posted that but say the eagles didn't. Wonder if any other pro sports teams posted that. 

that said it is a divisive issue. there's no sure winner and loser. 

Understood.  But it doesn't belong.  Team shouldn't be weighing in, (as they aren't fighting) and we shouldn't encourage it. 

• Thumb down 1

32 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Understood.  But it doesn't belong.  Team shouldn't be weighing in, (as they aren't fighting) and we shouldn't encourage it. 

Why shouldn’t they weigh in? We demand companies weigh in on social issues all the time. Israel isn’t innocent, but what Hamas did was terrorism.

• Like 2

There's actually some meaning to it for sports teams. I'm taking it as a message that they aren't going to tolerate any "by any means necessary" heckling in or around the team facilities. Fat chance that people would be doing it at NFL games anyway, but seeing people on the streets of New York, the team might feel like getting out ahead of something like it.

24 minutes ago, CousinsCowgirl84 said:

Why shouldn’t they weigh in? We demand companies weigh in on social issues all the time. Israel isn’t innocent, but what Hamas did was terrorism.

I don't demand companies weigh in on anything, Ms. Musk. 

I'm a whole lot older than you, and know more about world history.  My dad even preached about it.  And I disagree with him. 

How would you like to be tossed into a land-locked area with no way out, just based on your religion? 

Some of you are are so over yourselves that you need to get over yourselves.  Go do some damn research. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb down 1

10 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

The NFL, its teams, and its individual players have been weighing in on far more devisive social and political issues for years.   The NFL no longer serves as an entertaining neutral distraction from the rest of the world for that needs it.

Edited by kfrankie
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

I don't demand companies weigh in on anything, Ms. Musk. 

I'm a whole lot older than you, and know more about world history.  My dad even preached about it.  And I disagree with him. 

How would you like to be tossed into a land-locked area with no way out, just based on your religion? 

Some of you are are so over yourselves that you need to get over yourselves.  Go do some damn research. 

People and organizations can still disapprove of what's happening inside Gaza while also condemning the slaughter of random civilians, some of whom either voted against the people in power in Israel, or are from foreign countries and have no ability to influence it.

Any way a person cuts it, I don't think it's unfair to say that raping and killing people is bad.

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

There’s something especially stomach churning about bombing an area where the civilians are not permitted to evacuate. They all just have to sit there and hope they’re still alive after each successive boom. What would you tell your children? How would you try to save them?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, skinsmarydu said:

I

I think if you look at my posts within the past few days and longer, you’ll see I’m not pro Israel (or Hamas). Both of them treat each other inhumanly and I would hope we have the critical thinking skills necessary to condemn them both. The commanders statement wasn’t perfect but suggesting they stay out of it because you disagree with their position is incredulous.