Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

Crap! 

Religion once again driving violence, destruction, and death. 

Israel has been practicing genocide in various forms for years against Palestinians, with Palestinians responding with like violence to survive. 

And we pour millions every year into Israel. 

Frankly, I'm sick of it.

• Like 3

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/08/europe/israel-hostages-hamas-what-we-know-intl/index.html

Hundreds of attendees at the Nova music festival ran across the plains of the Negev Desert near Urim, a community close to the Gaza Strip, trying to escape Hamas gunmen pursuing them in vehicles in a terrifying chase. Some were killed and others were seized by armed captors, social media videos showed…

Hearing the death toll from the attack at the music festival alone could be as high as 250. 

Edit to add a source:

Edited by RansomthePasserby
Added source link

Unsurprisingly, US is sending aid to Israel, and appears to be moving peices around to provide direct military support… so, how does that affect Ukraine’s weapons supplies. 

I think I read on twitter that if US gets involved directly, Iran has said they will launch attacks on American bases, so this doesn’t seem like a couple of cruise missles type of conflict…

• Thumb down 1

16 hours ago, NickyJ said:

Launching rockets at civilian targets is a war crime. Launching air strikes on civilian targets is a war crime. Shooting random civilians is a war crime. Kidnapping civilians is probably a war crime too. After 70 years of conflict, I think the list of which war crimes haven't been committed is pretty small.

• Like 2

a few weeks ago, I was at a biotech conference talking to a guy from an Israeli company about what's going on there. At the time he said it was very bad because Israelis were protesting in many cities over their own Government. That it felt like a cold civil war there between the Hassidic voters, who are pro expansion, but also don't serve in the military themselves for religious reasons, and those who immigrated there from eastern Europe, both are very difficult for the rest of the national to work with. 

what a difference those few weeks make. Over a thousand dead, and it's only going to get worse. The Palestinians are also pawns of other regional nations who use them specifically for this, but would never invite them to their home countries. 

and how something so detailed and coordinated was pulled off without their intelligence agency knowing is the most difficult thing to understand here. They've been nothing short of excellent at this for decades. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

and how something so detailed and coordinated was pulled off without their intelligence agency knowing is the most difficult thing to understand here. They've been nothing short of excellent at this for decades. 

Incredibly irresponsible rampant speculation. 

But maybe Trump gave the Saudis (or somebody else) something about Israel?  

9 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

That bothers me and I keep wondering if the Russia Ukraine thing is involved. Is this another attempt to lure us into conflict? Is it simply to be a distraction? Maybe certain western intel agencies knew it was brewing but sat on it? Maybe they told people but weren’t listened to (similar to Ukraine)?

im also unsure how serious this is. The two sides shelling or otherwise attacking each other isn’t new, neither is the saber rattling their allies do. 

3 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

I guess it is effective, but it just weirds me out how many people see videos of dead tourists' bodies being paraded through the streets, families watching a son or daughter get dragged out in front of their house and gunned down, or partygoers getting slaughtered or dragged away to rot in tunnels, and the first thing they have to say is "They had it coming because they were the wrong ethnicity."

• Like 1

There was a video from the trance festival that was taken 5 to 10 minutes before the attack and posted onto social media.  Hamas attackers were on paragliders in the background.  Theres more stuff worse, but I don't want to get into those details here.

Let's do some math, and make a simple comparison to 9/11.  US population was roughly 285M in 2001.  Ratio of citizens killed to total citizen was .00001

Let's assume 260 people were killed from trance party (I think this is a low estimate for total).   Israeli population is 9.3M.  Ratio of citizens killed to total citizens is .000028.   So.. total scope this is about 3 times as worse than 9/11 when looked at from population number.  If you round up to the 700 dead (not sure if that is the initiali attack) it looks much much more severe than 9/11. 

It's really hard to come out with a simple statement about the region,  but this continuing conflict makes Americas racial issues look like "It's a Small World Afterall!!"  There are no easy and simple solutions that don't aggrieve so many people.   It's pretty simple this attack is a response to new settlements.  

1 hour ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Big fat slap in the face for Netanyahu.  Of course it also gives him the excuse for getting rid of the Palestinians, in an ugly way, that I believe he probably wants.   

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Like 1

My buddy who was working around JAB sent pictures Friday of the crazy activity he saw that day. I forgot about that but he just reminded me when I was talking about how the “army base” I live next to was going nuts (another helicopter came in hot just a few minutes ago)

im now inclined to believe it was known before hand

it makes way more sense than no one knew and it’s all a surprise

Just saying, before "they knew in advance" starts circulating?  

When something like this happens, it's not at all unusual for there to be revelations of "Oooh, this happened, before the tragedy.  They knew (or should have.)"  Think "people who wanted to learn how to be a pilot, but didn't want to learn how to land."  

I think it's a tendency that needs to be resisted.  Not automatically dismissed, but at least treated with skepticism.  

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1