Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

18 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

We’re supposed to be smarter than this by now.  Do better.

I had my doubts, as I said earlier I was waiting for confirmation. You should never be quick to trust anything unconfirmed in a war. I can’t help but note this says “beheaded” though. Were they not killed or were they not killed in that specific manner?The manner of their death matters little as there’s no acceptable way to cruise into town and murder 40 babies.

we shall see. Hopefully, it’s entirely false. 

10 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Given this is all a fight between Abrahamic religions, it's worth pointing out that one of the celebrated stories in their religious texts involves God murdering the first born son of every Egyptian family.  So pretty much par for the course here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Jericho

Battle of Jericho.  God knocks down the wall of a city allowing the Jews to kill everybody (women, children, etc.) in the city (except a woman and her family that helped Jewish spies) and a bunch of their animals because the city was on land that God promised the Jews.

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2023/10/10/world/israel-hamas-war-gaza/the-eus-top-diplomat-says-some-of-israels-actions-in-gaza-are-contrary-to-international-law?smid=url-share

The European Union’s top diplomat on Tuesday offered the first public hint of criticism of Israel from a Western ally since the country suffered a devastating surprise attack launched from Gaza on Saturday, saying that some of Israel’s retaliatory actions were against international humanitarian law.

The official, Josep Borrell Fontelles, said that “Israel has the right” to defend itself, but that it had to be done in accordance “with international law, humanitarian law, and some decisions are contrary to international law.” He was speaking to reporters after convening an emergency meeting of all 27 E.U. foreign ministers to discuss the bloc’s position on the conflict, a session that took place at the margins of an E.U. meeting with Gulf countries in Muscat, Oman.

59 minutes ago, TradeTheBeal! said:

We’re supposed to be smarter than this by now.  Do better.

I hope the Turkish news organization is correct and that the reporter was lying.

Given the conflicting reports, I'll wait for a more reputable organization like BBC to confirm whether it's true or not that they went beyond simply shooting babies.

Right now, all BBC says is that children were killed in their homes, but no details about what manner it was done.

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-middle-east-67050350?ns_mchannel=social&ns_source=twitter&ns_campaign=bbc_live&ns_linkname=65257f82fd63b979e1accfb6%26Israeli general speaks of babies killed in kibbutz massacre%262023-10-10T16%3A44%3A50.290Z&ns_fee=0&pinned_post_locator=urn:asset:2e9e97d1-a79c-4219-81ac-c2509ceae7cc&pinned_post_asset_id=65257f82fd63b979e1accfb6&pinned_post_type=share

Israeli general speaks of babies killed in kibbutz massacre

An Israeli army general has been giving details of what he calls a "massacre" at the Kfar Aza kibbutz in Israel, just a short distance from the boundary with the Gaza Strip.

"You see the babies, the mothers, the fathers, in their bedrooms, in their protection rooms and how the terrorist kills them," said Maj Gen Itai Veruv, as quoted by the Reuters news agency.

"It's not a war, it's not a battlefield. It's a massacre," he added.

Reuters reports that bodies of Hamas militants were found at the site, along with those of Israeli residents.

Edited by NickyJ

1 hour ago, PeterMP said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Jericho

Battle of Jericho.  God knocks down the wall of a city allowing the Jews to kill everybody (women, children, etc.) in the city (except a woman and her family that helped Jewish spies) and a bunch of their animals because the city was on land that God promised the Jews.

I've been struggling with this and reading Book of Joshua hasn't helped at all...

Case can be made none of these individual groups can make appropriate claims to this land they are fighting for because the original inhabitants were all killed one city at a time, every single inhabitant, and the land has basically been passing back and forth between "ownership" via some kinda war ever since.  Crusades, you name it.

This like if there was a hypothetical war here in US between groups claiming they were here first and thus real Americans, but instead of Native Americans raising their hands to object the irony of it they were actually all completely wiped out long time ago, none left at all.

Another reason I believe they should jus shut up and share it already versus this generational capture the flag nonsense.

I'm not pretending not to be a Christian here, but the book says what it says, there's no running from it.  The Promised Land wasn't given to them, it was conquered.

Edited by Renegade7

42 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Another reason I believe they should jus shut up and share it already versus this generational capture the flag nonsense.

I'm not pretending not to be a Christian here, but the book says what it says, there's no running from it.

I think Jerusalem should be bulldozed and replaced by a memorial that stands as a warning. If such thing as holy or mystical exists then Jerusalem is surely the opposite. It’s cursed. As evidence I offer that everyone that has ever held it has bled for the privilege, only to lose it anyway. It’s odd seeing so many on socials arguing that Palestinians are somehow indigenous, as if they have no clue how bloody that places history really is. So many groups have slaughtered their way onto that particular patch of land.

and there is no indication of that bloody legacy ending anytime soon.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Destino said:

I think Jerusalem should be bulldozed and replaced by a memorial that stands as a warning. If such thing as holy or mystical exists then Jerusalem is surely the opposite. It’s cursed. As evidence I offer that everyone that has ever held it has bled for the privilege, only to lose it anyway. It odd seeing so many on socials arguing that Palestinians are somehow indigenous, as if they have no clue how bloody that places history really is. How many groups have slaughtered their way onto that patch of land.

and there is no indication of that bloody legacy ending anytime soon.  

Man, I like where you going with this, because its brutally true.

The old city is so mixed in with the new I'm not sure how to do it, but wish there was a way to force the old city to basically be a form of neutral territory like what we tried to do with Antarctica and trying to maintain with the Moon.

F it, nobody gets this land, yall trippin.

Edited by Renegade7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Lol it doesn't have to be bulldozed. Just make it an international city/state for all. No scientologists tho. 

This scenario is nearly as improbably as them sharing it as part of a single country, but the point is this has been going on for so long that we shouldn't even joke about them using genocide to decide the winner like they haven't done that before.

8 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

Lol it doesn't have to be bulldozed. Just make it an international city/state for all. No scientologists tho. 

Who would manage an “international city?” The UN.

And I thought Jerusalem was cursed before.

4 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

The people that live there maybe? 🤷‍♂️

Unless they are willing to share it first, they gonna need to be forced to...it's not an "International City" if local residents have final say...it has to be international law and jurisdiction from the standpoint of nonpreferential preservation of the site.  Or it's just going to get more complicated then it already is, imo.

33 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

International city/state for NONE.*

If they can’t share, then nobody gets to have it. Just like how I treat my kids.**

*Managed by Bill Murray’s squad from Stripes. 

**Which is why my kids know how to ****ing share. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

What if we just cleared everyone out of there and then irradiated it to the point of being uninhabitable for a couple centuries?

People still live in the shadows of Chernobyl.

The hardcore religious types would find a way to inhabit the area. Probably just live in all the caves there.

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

What if we just cleared everyone out of there and then irradiated it to the point of being uninhabitable for a couple centuries?

I’m no biblical scholar, but I do believe that would set armageddon in motion. 

I would view that as a major failure by Anthony Blinken. 

I would still vote for Biden. 

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Captain Wiggles said:

People still live in the shadows of Chernobyl.

The hardcore religious types would find a way to inhabit the area. Probably just live in all the caves there.

Fine.  Let them live in the caves and grow extra sets of ears on their knees.  As long as they stop bothering the rest of the world with their petty squabbles.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

I've been struggling with this and reading Book of Joshua hasn't helped at all...

Case can be made none of these individual groups can make appropriate claims to this land they are fighting for because the original inhabitants were all killed one city at a time, every single inhabitant, and the land has basically been passing back and forth between "ownership" via some kinda war ever since.  Crusades, you name it.

This like if there was a hypothetical war here in US between groups claiming they were here first and thus real Americans, but instead of Native Americans raising their hands to object the irony of it they were actually all completely wiped out long time ago, none left at all.

I'm not pretending not to be a Christian here, but the book says what it says, there's no running from it.  The Promised Land wasn't given to them, it was conquered.

yeah when you realize both sides basically have a book they proclaim as being from god, that’s full of lots of “it’s ok for you to kill everyone that’s not <whatever>”

the abrahamic religions got some pretty big issues with their story they want everyone to believe is true. Pretty convenient they all got a story that seems to enforce population control and justify heinous things. 

• Like 1