Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hamas Attacks Against Israel

Fergasun

7 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

I remember back in 2020 the site got shutdown from things that were being posted in the Summer riots thread...had to archive it and make a new one because who was watching this site we as regular posters probably didn't realize or know about.

2 cents that I agree with refraining from posting things here we shouldn't that can be found elsewhere, somethings I'll jus take yall word for it while looking for it myself to confirm for myself.

Yeah usually I'll read the comments to look for any corrections but couldn't find any on that one.

• Like 1

There’s an academic looking middle eastern guy on CNN that’s completely delusional. He’s on TV saying that the US has proven to be bad at war in the global south. Also that Hezbollah, who he describes as being very sophisticated and powerful, wouldn’t be dissuaded by the US threatening them.

Look I get that the US isn’t awesome at nation building, bad at war? I’ve heard a lot of wild statements but BAD AT WAR? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I **** on the media earlier but now they they’ve got their people on the front lines of the Israel military buildup they’re back to being a quality source of news

15 minutes ago, Destino said:

There’s an academic looking middle eastern guy on CNN that’s completely delusional. He’s on TV saying that the US has proven to be bad at war in the global south. Also that Hezbollah, who he describes as being very sophisticated and powerful, wouldn’t be dissuaded by the US threatening them.

Look I get that the US isn’t awesome at nation building. But bad at war? I’ve heard a lot of wild statements but BAD AT WAR? 

After watching Russia it’s never been more clear the distance between us an everyone else when it comes to war. 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

Look I get that the US isn’t awesome at nation building, bad at war? I’ve heard a lot of wild statements but BAD AT WAR? 

Sometimes, I think the commentators they bring on are like the color commentary for sports. They need to keep people tuned in. They can't just say how the Toyota Tundras with 50 cals on the back and the Vietnam era retrofits aren't going to make it through the first 20 minutes of battle. They have something going for them that we don't. Skintangibles. Wait, they don't show skin there. Intangibles.

• Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 hours ago, tshile said:

I **** on the media earlier but now they they’ve got their people on the front lines of the Israel military buildup they’re back to being a quality source of news

After spending hour at the gym last night, I'd say if someone wants to see what it's like being there, watch the news, if you want more details about what's being done about it, read the news.

3 hours ago, tshile said:

After watching Russia it’s never been more clear the distance between us an everyone else when it comes to war. 

Couldn't agree more.

• Like 1

I'm skeptical of the beheading claims, but what difference does it make? 

Darkly, it reminds me of a Norm Macdonald bit where he claims a friend told him, "The worst of the Bill Cosby revelations was the hypocrisy."  Norm responded and disagreed saying, "The worst part was the raping."

Had much longer response, but my pacifistic mind is exhausted thinking about how ultimately fruitless an IDF invasion will be and the circular logic and justification that will continue to promote the violence.  Yes, there are hostages, probably US ones as well -- but the invasion will just justify Palestinian violence.

Both sides are comprised of a-holes that want to kill the other a-holes.  And there's more than enough history, even recent for each a-hole to justify themselves. Israel has a right to defend themselves. Do Palestinians have a right to defend themselves?  Where's the Jon Stewart video? 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, Destino said:

If the US is bad at war, then it’d only be because of they follow  international/humanitarian  lawful rules of engagement. 

If they were to act with impunity, then it’d be frightening. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 3

I hate how this became a point of contention for some. Hoping if they caught a lie about babies they could say it's all made up. I don't really care if babies were shot instead of being decapitated. Let's not glorify Hamas in any fashion and focus on the lives lost and the ones that will be.

1 hour ago, Fergasun said:

Had much longer response, but my pacifistic mind is exhausted thinking about how ultimately fruitless an IDF invasion will be and the circular logic and justification that will continue to promote the violence.  Yes, there are hostages, probably US ones as well -- but the invasion will just justify Palestinian violence.

Both sides are comprised of a-holes that want to kill the other a-holes.  And there's more than enough history, even recent for each a-hole to justify themselves. Israel has a right to defend themselves. Do Palestinians have a right to defend themselves?  Where's the Jon Stewart video?

well. This is where the complexity of reality muddies things up. 

you can look at this through a view of: big picture, does this help or hurt when it comes to resolving the issue

But you can also look at this through the view of: what is the appropriate response to this sort of attack, how much of this is a need to show it’s unacceptable to do this and there will be hell to pay if you do, as a future deterrence 

I don’t think it’s fair to judge either as right or wrong, or to claim one is more important than the other. Especially when, best I can tell, no one involved in our conversation lives in Gaza, the West Bank, or Israel nor has any meaningful ties to any of it. we are merely observers and should respect that. 

additionally, as I and others have touched on, the “humanitarian” desires for war are cute and all but the reality is no one else in the world actually adheres to it. I’m struggling to think of a country that has a history of going to war in a “humane” way - I think we’re the only ones that really try, and we are far from perfect. I’m excluding the UN and their involvement, and speaking strictly to individual countries, for various reasons. 

In a vacuum - I think when a country is under continual threat of terrorism, they have the right to weight the options and how total annihilating of the source of the threat does and doesn’t make sense as the best course of action. I think Israel absolutely has the right to consider an action that assures this can never happen again. 

again - in a vacuum. And I said consider. Obviously there’s a bigger picture of multiple decades and Israel has their own list of heinous actions. 

as it currently stands both sides want to wipe out the other. It seems to me any idea of “resolving” the issue in a peaceful manner is naive. 

Sometimes reality is awful. It seems to me that people like to operate in a naive state about the world. Most of the world has and continues to operate more like what we’re seeing here, than any romanticized notion of conflict. 

34 minutes ago, Cooked Crack said:

I hate how this became a point of contention for some. Hoping if they caught a lie about babies they could say it's all made up. I don't really care if babies were shot instead of being decapitated. Let's not glorify Hamas in any fashion and focus on the lives lost and the ones that will be.

Well people love scoring points from their cheap luxury of not being affected by things. 

I respect the intention behind saying that it doesn’t matter if they shot them or if they cut their heads off. I get the sentiment and share it in some way. 

but I also think it’s important to understand the level of depravtity. It’s unfortunate to have to discuss or think about the distinction between senselessly shooting babies and grabbing one and decapitating it, but there is a distinction.  

it is a distinction that’s probably near the bottom of the list of information sorted by importance, but it’s a distinction that exists. 

I don’t know what decision it’s supposed to change or otherwise impact, but I don’t think it should just be ignored. 

3 hours ago, Cooked Crack said:

Because they went back and forth on whether it happened or not at least twice…

Edited by CousinsCowgirl84

Why is no one asking when Hamas will surrender? They started a war despite it being clear from the start that they could not win. Perhaps they were counting on Hezbollah coming to their aid, or even other Arab nations. Hell maybe they imagined the world would side with them, it’s hard to say what they might have talked themselves into. The reality is that they’re as weak as expected and entirely unable to defend their people. Their people are now dying as an invading army attempts to tear out Hamas root and branch.

Isn’t this the point where leaders should surrender and end the conflict? if not now, when? When will they come out of hiding and end this?