Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

I was dead set that we needed AZ to beat the Bears today, I didn't think the Pats had a chance against the Broncos but now it's wide open.  I like where we're at, we dont need anything ridiculous to happen to get the #3 pick. The Pats and Jets both stink but the Pats have been playing better the last few weeks so I can see them beating the Jets at home.

I watched AZ today and they looked terrible. I'm not expecting much from them but tonight's game is a great example that anything can happen.

10 minutes ago, zCommander said:

You know Ron is playing Brissett :( 

I don't think it matters as long as the Cowboys game is meaningful. Our defense will lose that game.

6 minutes ago, Redd said:

Honestly I’m satisfied at 3. I definitely want to pick at two but someone valuable will be there at pick 3.

If the draft started today we have Maye at 3. Cardinals won't pick him unless they trade number 2 pick.

• Thumb up 1

22 minutes ago, justice98 said:

The Jags are in a tailspin and Lawrence might not play next week.  Can Carolina steal one to get to 3 wins?  Then we're one game out with one to play for all the marbles. lol

Their SOS has got be incredibly weak with them playing in the NFC South

30 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

If Arizona is picking 2 and wants Harrison, we may be able to swap picks and have our choice of QB2. I hadn’t even considered a draft order with Arizona at 2.

I know all mocks tie MHJ to AZ but you would think logically that they would want ro start over with Maye

33 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

If Arizona is picking 2 and wants Harrison, we may be able to swap picks and have our choice of QB2. I hadn’t even considered a draft order with Arizona at 2.

I don't follow.  If ARIZ is at 2 and they want Harrison, they can just take him.  We would then get QB2 if that's who we want.  No need to swap picks.

Just now, Number 44 said:

I don't follow.  If ARIZ is at 2 and they want Harrison, they can just take him.  We would then get QB2 if that's who we want.  No need to swap picks.

Somebody is going up to get Maye or Williams at 2.  If Arizona doesn’t pick him they are trading the pick.  If we’re at 3, they can slide down 1 pick and still get MHJ.  

If they go further down, they won’t get MHJ, most likely.  I think he’s off the board at #3.  

Granted, all this subject to change as the process unfolds.  But that’s the conventional wisdom at the moment.  Daniels could throw a wrench in that and go #3. But as of now, that doesn’t seem like the play.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

I think the Cards are going QB and have sat on that point. Daniels is my QB1, JJ is QB2, but he should wait.

Need a QB that can carry an offense with their run threat. It's changing the league. Id rather a bully type like Cam or Hurts that doesn't sit out seasons like Lamar, but it is what it is. That's the NFL future.

I'd hate to see the Cards ruin another HoF career.

8 hours ago, zCommander said:

You know Ron is playing Brissett :( 

I hate the idea of the coach being told who to play by ownership. But seems like that needs to happen now. Not just at QB, but basically with the message that anyone hurt and definitely here next year needs to sit. Young guys need a chance to show if they should be here next year. Veterans who aren't trying to trigger some performance bonus need to be protected with fewer snaps. IR who you can. Bring up whoever from the PS. Give those guys snaps. 

Edited by @DCGoldPants
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Dallas?  Eh.  If they’re not interested, unless the team has completely quit (possible, they looked like it in the first half of this game) then that might be a tough one to pull out. 

I think Dallas is gonna need to play their starters just to try and get some confidence back on offense. At least for a half. Right now they're going into the playoffs on a serious offensive slide and they need a "get right" game. 

Also, after yesterday's scare, Magic needs to bring Ron in and hand him who the inactives will be for the final two games as well as who the starting QB will be. Just leave Sam in now as he gives us our best chance to lose out.

7 hours ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Somebody is going up to get Maye or Williams at 2.  If Arizona doesn’t pick him they are trading the pick.  If we’re at 3, they can slide down 1 pick and still get MHJ.  

If they go further down, they won’t get MHJ, most likely.  I think he’s off the board at #3.  

Granted, all this subject to change as the process unfolds.  But that’s the conventional wisdom at the moment.  Daniels could throw a wrench in that and go #3. But as of now, that doesn’t seem like the play.  

Would we take Maye if he's there, another UNC QB and best friend of Howell? 

8 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Would we take Maye if he's there, another UNC QB and best friend of Howell? 

Why would any of that have any bearing whatsoever on the selection?  You crunch all the tape, do all your evaluation and decide not to take him because he's friends with the guy you're replacing and happened to go to the same school?  I hope the new coach and GM arent that dumb.  lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

If the 49ers beat the Ravens tomorrow, SOS flips and Pats go back to #3 👀

I do like the chances of NE an over the Jets in Week 18 though regardless. 

Just curious, what does the 49ers beating the Ravens have anything to do with flipping the Pats SOS?

9 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

#3 guarantees us one of the 3 QBs and if we don’t like the one at 3 we should be looking at a nice draft pick haul. 

3 is a stepping stone to 2. At 2 QB is the pick. Is it Daniels or McCarthy at 3 .. or a trade down?

I hope we get to 2. But 3 will be even more drama filled IMO 

Most mocks I've seen have the 3rd best QB falling to 5 or 6, pretty much always Daniels

1 minute ago, BleedBNG said:

Just curious, what does the 49ers beating the Ravens have anything to do with flipping the Pats SOS?

I have to guess that they Pats have played the Ravens, and if the Ravens lose then they're considered worse so the Pats suddenly have a weaker schedule than us

9 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

#3 guarantees us one of the 3 QBs and if we don’t like the one at 3 we should be looking at a nice draft pick haul. 

3 is a stepping stone to 2. At 2 QB is the pick. Is it Daniels or McCarthy at 3 .. or a trade down?

I hope we get to 2. But 3 will be even more drama filled IMO 

Now I have to pay attention to the combine too? Pro days? Our heads are gonna all be spinning this winter and spring for sure.