Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

Montez Sweat looking like Nick Bosa with the Bears is case #467 that we had bad coaching here.  Sweat of course drafted by Jay not Ron.  But Sweat is doing us a favor by ensuring we pick ahead of them.

Sweat looking elite with the Bears while mocking this team for lacking culture -- is the bow on how bad the Ron regime was in the end.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Montez Sweat looking like Nick Bosa with the Bears is case #467 that we had bad coaching here.  Sweat of course drafted by Jay not Ron.  But Sweat is doing us a favor by ensuring we pick ahead of them.

Sweat looking elite with the Bears while mocking this team for lacking culture -- is the bow on how bad the Ron regime was in the end.

Always loved Sweat and never understood us trading him but Harris/Shen did.  I wanted him extended and the Bears did it shortly after trading for him.  Cunningham and the GM there know what they were doing and got him for a steal.  I hope we can find a player of quality at whatever position to replace him.  We need EDGE rushers that's for sure. More than likely, "Hello, FA".  

Who cares about Sweat. Glad he is having a solid year and doing great with the Bears but he was not that amazing while he was here and that was the crux of it. Preston Smith also did well his first year in GreenBay, then reverted back to his average at best self.

The Bears are playing decent and have 3 winnable games so I dont see them being an issue but the Chargers and Giants probably won't win another game.  A loss today sets us up for our mini toilet bowl next week against the Jets.  That game scares me so let's hope Rodgers plays.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Just depressing as **** reading this.....

2 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

A ton of cap space?   We are coming at it with a lot more cap space than the Lions did.   Probably 5 times as much.    The 2nd round and 3rd round picks is likely going to end up about a wash between the two teams with both teams having 2 picks in both rounds around the same likely place.

The rest is likely us picking 4-5ish in the first with them having in the first round two picks #12 and #18.

Mueller who was GM of the year, years back, articulated it better than I can.  That is, you can rebuild and step on the gas much easier in recent years than years back -- more trades, college players are more pro ready (pro game mirrors college more), more cap room -- the cap has gone up more dramatically, etc.  He goes now, you can do it 1-2 years and you don't have to slow play this. 

I agree.  Dolphins, Lions among others aren't taking forever.  Accumulate picks. Hit those picks.  Add talent.  If they ride this back with Howell, I'd say close to 100% that what Keim and Russini have heard about them ready to be aggressive in FA will indeed happen.  It's nuts IMO not to considering context.  Howell is only cheap for another two seasons.  Now if they draft a QB instead, I could see more of a slow play.  

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2023/3/12/23636179/detroit-lions-salary-cap-space-amount-2023-free-agency

Where the Detroit Lions' salary cap space stands ahead of 2023 free agency

$32.6 million - $10.3 million = $22.3 million available at this time.

So, you were comparing the Lions to us at the end of last season (which I think was crazily off target) and now you're comparing them to us this offseason?

I really have no idea what point you think you're making with this. 

2 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So, maybe QB is back in the mix more than we want to admit. 

I don't understand why people thought we were ever out of the qb market. Sam is about on par with Baker Mayfield, he might get slightly better but I'm certainly not seeing anything special there 🙆‍♂️

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I don't understand why people thought we were ever out of the qb market. Sam is about on par with Baker Mayfield, he might get slightly better but I'm certainly not seeing anything special there 🙆‍♂️

I think we wanted something / someone to root for. He played well early. But the last 4-5 weeks have been rough. 

I guess we really want to get into the Top 3 so QB is less in doubt. Really makes me concerned about the OL though. Really need that blue chip LT. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

So, maybe QB is back in the mix more than we want to admit. 

hope not

Give Sam Howell an offensive line

11 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Baker is good enough for me!  The Browns would be in a better position if they didn't give up on him for Desahun Watson and he sure as hell wasn't the reason the Panthers sucked last year and the Bucs are at 1st in the NFC South and he had a perfect passer rating today

that's good enough, People get screwed when they decide that's not good enough, just like we did with Kirk Cousins level play

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MrJL said:

hope not

Give Sam Howell an offensive line

Maybe, but my guess is a new FO more often than not will want to make their stamp on the franchise. Sam is kind of in no man’s land right now. He really needs to ball out to take away any doubt and he hasn’t done that lately. 

And before anyone asks, the chances of us getting to #1 are just as hard as us getting to #2. Panthers at 4-13 would have a decent SOS tie break gap on us. Same with the Pats. Really need Pats to win a couple down the stretch. 

I think the best we can do is #3. And I’m not certain the Kyler is doing enough in ARZ to assume they’re for sure not going QB. We could be sitting 4th with QB 1-2-3, if we don’t leapfrog the cards. 

Anyone concerned that Brissett could actually stumble us into a win next week? The way he looked today, it’s certainly not out of question. 

Edited by JamesMadisonSkins