Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

Next week is fantasy playoffs. Would anyone feel good about starting Sam Howell in that game?  Not that I care about fantasy but if you wouldn’t then QB should absolutely be at least on the table. I want “that” guy starting for us. 

• Thumb up 1

47 minutes ago, CjSuAvE22 said:

U are forgetting Haskins…Caleb Williams is a BUST. Mark this post.

If he is, it won’t be because of anything you’re saying. It’ll be because he isn’t good enough, not because he’s ****y and paints his nails and likes money and doesn’t want to play for a loser lol

2 hours ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

So, you were comparing the Lions to us at the end of last season (which I think was crazily off target) and now you're comparing them to us this offseason?

I really have no idea what point you think you're making with this. 

I was mentioning that we can climb out of this fast with the capital we got if Howell is the guy.  If he's not the guy it will take longer.

I highlighted what the Lions did last off season.  You said its not apples to apples and part of that argument was you mentioning they had those picks and a ton of cap room.  I responded that they didn't have a ton of cap room.  We do.  And the picks are similar.

But I don't care really.  We are spinning our wheels. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was mentioning that we can climb out of this fast with the capital we got if Howell is the guy.  If he's not the guy it will take longer.

I highlighted what the Lions did last off season.  You said its not apples to apples and part of that argument was you mentioning they had those picks and a ton of cap room.  I responded that they didn't have a ton of cap room.  We do.  And the picks are similar.

I was a Howell fan through and through and I like him a lot but I think he's been beaten and battered like Spurrier did to Patrick Ramsey.  It's time to draft a QB where we sit in the draft as you and I are on board on, SIP.  I blame the F.O. and coaching staff from top to bottom for this.  Others below Mayhew and Rivera might have stepped up and tried to speak up about addressing the Oline but they didn't listen.  Hopefully, the new GM and HC do.  A king's ransom has to be paid to move up to where we are and we can come out of this draft with one of the top 3 available.  

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

We won’t have a sniff at Caleb Williams. 

This isnt true at all. If Chicago is staying with Fields we certainly will have a sniff at the #1 overall pick. It will be an expensive sniff. But a sniff none the less. 

Edited by clskinsfan

37 minutes ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Correct. But I don’t think anyone expected the Cards to or Pats to win this week. Next week, we need to be praying for the Cards to beat the Bears. It would be nice if the Pats beat the Broncos too. Would definitely position us for the #2 pick if the Pats can then beat the Jets in Week 18. 

Most important: we need to lose to the Jets. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

You started by saying they were only a half game better than us last year, implying that they were in close to the same position we were last offseason. But then you're using our situation this year (when we are gong to finish with a much worse record than they had last year). 

It doesn't make any sense. Now you're saying, what? That the 24 Commanders could be the 23 Lions? That's crazy. 

BTW, Detroit had a lot more cap space than we did last offseason. That was why I said it. Because that was the comparison you made. 

Just now, RWJ said:

What's wrong with Jayden Williams or Drake Maye?  

I dont care which one the new GM likes. I just want him to have the freedom to do whats necessary to go get him. 

1 minute ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

You better be ready to give up a whole **** load of picks.

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t want to spend 3 first round picks getting up to #1 for a QB.  

It will cost what it will cost. If your new GM believes the guy is a game changing superstar you go get him. And we are going to be in perfect position to do that if thats they way he wants to go. 

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don’t want to spend 3 first round picks getting up to #1 for a QB.  

We won't have to. One of the top 3 will fall to us even if we are at #4 the cards will go with Marv or the bears will trade down a spot or to and go with marv.

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

We won't have to. One of the top 3 will fall to us even if we are at #4 the cards will go with Marv or the bears will trade down a spot or to and go with marv.

The Cards could trade that pick to the Giants though. If you want to be guaranteed to get one of the top 3 you are gonna have to move up. 

6 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

You started by saying they were only a half game better than us last year, implying that they were in close to the same position we were last offseason. But then you're using our situation this year (when we are gong to finish with a much worse record than they had last year). 

It doesn't make any sense. Now you're saying, what? That the 24 Commanders could be the 23 Lions? That's crazy. 

BTW, Detroit had a lot more cap space than we did last offseason. That was why I said it. Because that was the comparison you made. 

The point I was making was we had a crap off season.  The Lions had a great off season.   And then I talked about the future.  We are in position to make a good move up if we draft well like they did last season THIS off season.  We have a ton of cap space.   We have picks.  The apples to apples as to picks was about this coming off season.

If you didn't take it that way.  And I miscommunicated my point.   Cool.  Sorry. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

1 minute ago, clskinsfan said:

The Cards could trade that pick to the Giants though. If you want to be guaranteed to get one of the top 3 you are gonna have to move up. 

I don't think so I don't see them passing of marv to trade down just a few picks and risk loosing him to someone else

Edited by mac8887

2 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

There is one QB that hasn't been talked about much and that is Bo Nix of Oregon.  Watch his film and check his stats.  He's a top 5-10 pick in this draft and will be selected as such.  

Edited by RWJ

6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

This isnt true at all. If Chicago is staying with Fields we certainly will have a sniff at the #1 overall pick. It will be an expensive sniff. But a sniff none the less. 

Chicago isn’t stupid enough to stay with Fields. He can be exciting but I’m sorry, he stinks. I’ve watched a ton of him because he’s my QB in a dynasty league. He doesn’t keep things on schedule at all and doesn’t even always use his legs when things are breaking down, probably because he’s trying to prove himself as a passer—so a lot of times it’s the worst of both worlds. He can still develop but the Bears would be idiots to pass up an upgrade at the #1 pick while Fields is almost done with his rookie contract.

• Like 1

Just now, RWJ said:

There is one QB that hasn't been talked about much and that is Bo Nix of Oregon.  Watch his film and check his stats.  He's a top 5-10 QB and will be selected as such.  

Yeah. I have watched him. And I would take him over any of next years class of QB's. Penix as well. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, RWJ said:

There is one QB that hasn't been talked about much and that is Bo Nix of Oregon.  Watch his film and check his stats.  He's a top 5-10 pick in this draft and will be selected as such.  

Nix feels like an early 2nd round QB to me. Maybe late 1st if someone loves him and wants the 5th year option, or if a playoff team likes him. But I’d be shocked if he’s a top-10 QB.  

If the top QBs are out of the running, I want Marvin Harrison, Jr.  Use 2 out of the next 4 picks on the OL, spend some OL $ in FA and you still have 2 picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, plus the rest of the draft and FA to do whatever.  I want a QB to have time to pass and to pass to Marvin Harrison, Jr. and Terry McLaurin.  Every other consideration is just that.