Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

1 hour ago, actorguy1 said:

I keep trying to get into the holiday spirit but I'm anxious about the Jets game. I remember the Giants game in late 2019 and rooting so hard for the Giants.

Don't let this team ruin Christmas for your family and yourself. 🙂 🙏💗

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I don't know.  But I'm going to build one and sell it to some website for ONE MILLION DOLLARS!!!!! (Dr. Evil Voice)

Ok, I speak for everybody when I say, literally NOBODY wants to see that.  

Better go for $1 Billion, this isn't 1968 buddy.

2 hours ago, kfrankie said:

So....  Any else remember the hype surrounding Bryce Young?  Remind you a bit of Caleb Williams?  Not saying that Bryce Young is a flop, he's in a terrible situation somewhat like how Lawrence was his first year.  But I'm crossing my fingers that the Bears decide to stay with Justin Fields (and don't trade the #1 pick to someone that needs a QB), and that New England takes Williams.  Drake Maye is the choice here.  If both are gone, go for the big LT from Penn State.

The history of USC quarterbacks in the NFL is what scares me about Williams, more than anything.

I'm an Oregon alum and didn't watch any CFB but a few UO games this year, but I have to say that Bo Nix looked way more impressive head-to-head versus Michael Penix. More accurate and better decision-making.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

The history of USC quarterbacks in the NFL is what scares me about Williams, more than anything.

I'm an Oregon alum and didn't watch any CFB but a few UO games this year, but I have to say that Bo Nix looked way more impressive head-to-head versus Michael Penix. More accurate and better decision-making.

You had your Homer Simpson glasses on. Bo nix might have looked a little better but definitely not way better. If he did Oregon would've won one of them

3 minutes ago, profusion said:

You had your Homer Simpson glasses on. Bo nix might have looked a little better but definitely not way better. If he did Oregon would've won one of them

8 minutes ago, mac8887 said:

Just my impressions, but the difference seemed significant to me--and I wasn't expecting that going in, since Penix was more hyped. I don't follow Oregon or CFB enough to be that knowledgeable.

Oregon and Washington were basically equal--UO lost the first game on a stupid coaching decision. Washington had a better running game than Oregon, which balanced out Oregon's better QB play in the games I watched.

I'm mad at Oregon for bolting the PAC-12 and leaving OSU behind, so I'm just about ready to abandon CFB altogether. That's off-topic, though...

Edited by profusion

16 minutes ago, profusion said:

Just my impressions, but the difference seemed significant to me--and I wasn't expecting that going in, since Penix was more hyped. I don't follow Oregon or CFB enough to be that knowledgeable.

Oregon and Washington were basically equal--UO lost the first game on a stupid coaching decision. Washington had a better running game than Oregon, which balanced out Oregon's better QB play in the games I watched.

I'm mad at Oregon for bolting the PAC-12 and leaving OSU behind, so I'm just about ready to abandon CFB altogether. That's off-topic, though...

Dude, the Oregon coach made so many boneheaded decisions that first game. Straight up taking points off the board 3 or 4 different times and going for it at odd times. I had know dog in that fight but I was getting angry watching it. Maybe because I'm so used to seeing the head coach make the wrong decision

Edited by mac8887
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Bo hater! :)

I'm still going over the QB's but Nix is being slept on IMO. 

He is, and I wonder why. Are the measurables not there? Could be because he'd transferred out of the SEC and is already 23 due to some Covid-related eligibility quirks.

Rating college QBs is so tough for me because I don't watch enough CFB to know, and the college game seems so much freewheeling and designed for QBs to put up ridiculous numbers.

Edited by profusion

2 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

I spoke it into existence a couple weeks ago when I lamented the same point, and then boom, one showed up on the PFN Mock Playoff Simulator.

But as I said, the percentage of SOS changes the same amount for the Patriots and Commanders when the Cowboys or Eagles win or lose ... and we played them 2x versus 1x for the Pats, so I think that site is somehow flawed in only counting divisional opponent records once. Unless that's how SOS works? Or I am missing something here?

So, last night our opponents went 1-2 where the Pats went 0-1. Since we played Seattle and Philly twice, while NE played Philly once. The net effect on SOS would be virtually identical (not exactly, but close enough that it might not show up as anything else). 

The Dallas/Buffalo game was obviously 2-1 for them, 1-2 for us. But there were other games going on at the same time, so if you didn't think the difference in percentages changed, it is likely due to everything that was going on at the time. 

Tankathon early on seemed to be using SOS up to that moment, which seemed crazy to me. People want to know what will happen if there is a tie, not what it would be if a comet hit the Earth and the season ended at that moment. But if they were, they adjusted that a while ago. Beyond that, it's possible they are wrong, but I don't see any evidence of it. I can't find up to date SOS anywhere else. 

7 minutes ago, profusion said:

He is, and I wonder why. Are the measurables not there? Could be because he'd transferred out of the SEC and is already 23 due to some Covid-related eligibility quirks.

Rating college QBs is so tough for me because I don't watch enough CFB to know, and the college game seems so much freewheeling and designed for QBs to put up ridiculous numbers.

There's legitimate concerns - as with all of these guys. Bo has rabbit ear syndrome and needs a lot of work on his feet but he has the tools IMO to succeed but that depends on his level of support too.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chump Bailey said:

Bo hater! :)

I'm still going over the QB's but Nix is being slept on IMO. 

I think he can be good, I just can't get over watching him play like trash when he was at auburn. Especially early on. It worries me that he didn't become a great college qb until he was facing weak pac12 d

Just now, mac8887 said:

I think he can be good, I just can't get over watching him play like trash when he was at auburn. Especially early on. It worries me that he didn't become a great college qb until he was facing weak pac12 d

Oh, there's valid reasons to be concerned with Bo I agree. I do think he is being undervalued personally.  

3 hours ago, method man said:

I hope we don’t get the #2 pick. Our history is Lavar, RG3 and Chase lol

I hope we get the #3 pick - Chris Samuels

Um, Heath Shuler was #3 also...he really was #2 but was drafted with the third selection

And if we are playing that game, Michael Westbrook was drafted with at #4

1 hour ago, profusion said:

It would be one thing if this was based on a coach who's prospects never work out or a system that doesn't translate to pro success or something. 

But basically you're saying that Williams is wearing the same color uniform that Matt Leinart wore, therefore he will be bad. It's nothing more than superstition at this point. 

1 minute ago, Chump Bailey said:

Oh, there's valid reasons to be concerned with Bo I agree. I do think he is being undervalued personally.  

He is another one that really needed 1 more growth spurt. He is listed at 6ft2 but there is no way. Probably under 6ft1. Any qb under 6ft3 worries me. It just makes it that much harder to see the field and limits throwing lanes. Some can overcome that, but a lot of times it's the difference between being a good prospect or a great one.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mac8887 said:

He is another one that really needed 1 more growth spurt. He is listed at 6ft2 but there is no way. Probably under 6ft1. Any qb under 6ft3 worries me. It just makes it that much harder to see the field and limits throwing lanes. Some can overcome that, but a lot of times it's the difference between being a good prospect or a great one.

Yeah, I did get a good laugh at your Sam Howell 2.0 comp :) I see it too BUT Bo's ceiling is way higher for me.

4 minutes ago, Rufus T Firefly said:

It would be one thing if this was based on a coach who's prospects never work out or a system that doesn't translate to pro success or something. 

But basically you're saying that Williams is wearing the same color uniform that Matt Leinart wore, therefore he will be bad. It's nothing more than superstition at this point. 

His height and skinny build is what worries me. I don't think school really matters, it's not like all the failed usc qbs had the same coach. Maybe you could say that it might hurt their mental and physical toughness playing at usc because of the beautiful weather, but even that would be a stretch