Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 NFL Draft Position/Tracker - Final Pick #2

zCommander

I haven't seen Jayden Daniels play a single snap but I just read his stats: 3900 passing yards, 40 TD's, 4 interceptions, 1000 yards rushing and 10 TD's plus he broke Joe Burrow's passing efficiency records? How do we pass on this guy? I could see him going #1 overall come April but if he falls to us we are gonna get offers for sure. Am I off base here?

40 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

I haven't seen Jayden Daniels play a single snap but I just read his stats: 3900 passing yards, 40 TD's, 4 interceptions, 1000 yards rushing and 10 TD's plus he broke Joe Burrow's passing efficiency records? How do we pass on this guy? I could see him going #1 overall come April but if he falls to us we are gonna get offers for sure. Am I off base here?

His stats are right up there with both of our previous 1st rd qb picks in the last decade (+ or -)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingdaddy said:

Dwyane Haskins had unbelievable college stats. Something crazy like 5000 yards and 50 touchdowns his last season. But there were plenty of warnings about inflated stats due to wide open receivers with zero pass rush. College stats are overrated.

Personally, I like Daniels much better as a prospect than Haskins. I still prefer Howell over Daniels (subject to change). It's going to be long 4 months until we know the answer.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Daniel.redskins said:

Dwyane Haskins had unbelievable college stats. Something crazy like 5000 yards and 50 touchdowns his last season. But there were plenty of warnings about inflated stats due to wide open receivers with zero pass rush. College stats are overrated.

Personally, I like Daniels much better as a prospect than Haskins. I still prefer Howell over Daniels (subject to change). It's going to be long 4 months until we know the answer.  

You also gotta factor in a lot of Daniels's production comes from his ability as a run threat. That will be neutralized somewhat in the NFL, and if he IS a run based QB then that comes with its own host of issues.

44 minutes ago, Conn said:

Guys…if we lose to the Jets (and everyone else obviously) and the Patriots win tonight and beat the Jets in week 18…can we get to 2 or 3?

Isn’t there a draft order prediction machine thing out there?  I tried to find it but I can’t.

@JamesMadisonSkins didn't you say there was one? Or am I making that up.

Of there isn’t one, we need to build one.  :P 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Isn’t there a draft order prediction machine thing out there?  I tried to find it but I can’t.

@JamesMadisonSkins didn't you say there was one? Or am I making that up.

Of there isn’t one, we need to build one.  :P 

The ESPN FPI projections?

This one says updated on the 5th but they still have us at #5. 

Check out the full 1-32 projection for the 2024 NFL draft (updated Dec. 5):

_end_rule.pngchi.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

1. Chicago Bears (via 1-11 CAR)

Average draft position: 1.4
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 76.7%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 99.4%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: greater than 99.9%

ne.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

2. New England Patriots (2-10)

Average draft position: 2.7
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 18.6%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 93.3%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 99.9%

ari.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

3. Arizona Cardinals (3-10)

Average draft position: 4.1
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 2.7%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 78.8%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 99.7%

nyg.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

4. New York Giants (4-8)

Average draft position: 5
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 0.6%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 66.7%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 98.2%

wsh.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

5. Washington Commanders (4-9)

Average draft position: 5.1
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 0.7%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 62.4%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 98.6%

nyj.png?w=110&h=110&transparent=true

6. New York Jets (4-8)

Average draft position: 6.9
FPI chance to earn No. 1 pick: 0.3%
FPI chance to earn top-five pick: 32.3%
FPI chance to earn top-10 pick: 90.2%

Edited by zCommander

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Pats win. Their schedule is tough but they do play the Jets in the finale so there is a chance we could leapfrog them to 3. And if the Cards can win one more then look out....

#2 pick would be an unreal beginning to the true Harris era 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Conn said:

Guys…if we lose to the Jets (and everyone else obviously) and the Patriots win tonight and beat the Jets in week 18…can we get to 2 or 3?

If we lose out and the Pats win another (likely Jets, but Broncos at home isn't out of the question and the Bills isn't totally either depending on where they are at that point), we'd be 3 or 4 depending on Giants tiebreaker. 

If Arizona and Chicago each win one (likely Arizona beating the Bears next week and then the Bears winning elsewhere) then number 2 is in play. 

Not "likely" but certainly possible. 

Again, we have to lose out and not screw it up. Which, ..... you know. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Koolblue13 said:

You want to dump every team captain we have and replace them with who? Rookies? 

Yes

3 hours ago, DiscoBob said:

Only if we don't F it up by winning one of these games for a moral victory 

That victory would be very immoral.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stone Cold said:

The only moral victory to be had this season is to lose the rest of the games for the betterment of the franchise. Take it for the team fellas!

Dan added that .6$ to the deal at the last minute so we'd have to keep this crew and empowered Ron with no resources just to watch us suck ass.

Doomed from the start and Ron doubled down hiring EB

6 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I will be apoplectic if we win another game. Like truly pissed 

Me too and we know Ron would love to do it.  Even if he were coming back for another season (which he isn't) he loves hollow victories. 

We want Dallas to beat the Eagles so they have something to play for and the Jets game is like the Sb for us.  We got to hope Zach Wilson gets it together.  Zach throws picks but fortuntately none in our backfield can catch.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4