Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s already balling.

388 yards, 74% completions and 2 TDs no picks.  

2 real sacks, 3 in garbage time when he shouldn’t have been in the game.  

Howell threw 1 pick tonight. Still a great game for the kid, especially when your coaches are incompetent and are actively trying to sabotage you. 

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

We need to find out who is leaving Sam in: EB or Ron. I mean, technically it is Ron because he's the HC. Someone needs to ask this question.

I am 100% certain it's Ron. If the coaching staff dissolves, EB's only setback is that he has to be an OC for another team before he can pumped up for the head coach market again. I'm sure one of the 32 teams in the NFL will give him that chance. For Ron, this is his last rodeo. Once he's bucked, he's out for good.

• Like 2

On the field decisions and results aside, has any draft pick in the Riv-era ;) had a consistent impact? There's been flashes here and there, but no sustained contributers.

Just all around awful stretch of drafting. Chalk it up to remnants of the Snyder era.

Josh needs to nail his first round of front office hires and get some good talent evaluators in here.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

He’s already balling.

388 yards, 74% completions and 2 TDs no picks.  

2 real sacks, 3 in garbage time when he shouldn’t have been in the game.  

Agree.  Yeah lol it’s easy to tell that Sam had some doubters here. But to me he’s been the oasis in the desert. He’s been far from perfect. But Keim likes to say he reminds him of Kirk as to work ethic and accuracy. I think Howell had flashed much more than early Kirk.  I am feeling good about him 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, shakinaiken said:

that’s likely the sensible response. But the optics of pulling starters because you’re losing badly, is detrimental, psychologically.

The idea is you replace starters because the team is winning big. Not losing…

Nah.  You tap out if you can’t win and live to play another day.  Teams do it all the time.  Why get somebody hurt when there’s no chance of winning.  Obviously, if the playoffs, you don’t do that, but it’s October.  It’s fine, there were 2 min left in the game, just end it already.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CRobi21 said:

On the field decisions and results aside, has any draft pick in the Riv-era ;) had a consistent impact? There's been flashes here and there, but no sustained contributers.

Just all around awful stretch of drafting. Chalk it up to remnants of the Snyder era.

Josh needs to nail his first round of front office hires and get some good talent evaluators in here.

To be fair Kam Curl has been consistently above average. 

• Like 2

Its sad cuz even with these losses, this is still one of my best years as a Washington fan after what I endured during the Snyder years. 🤣

Can't wait to see what Harris does with this being a final interview year with the current team and front office.

Defense lost the game. The Bears offensive game plan, early on, was literally have the receivers run straight lines, and then throw it to them. Schematically, very rudimentary. I’m not entirely sure why those routes were that difficult to defend. 

DJ Moore…. Is pretty good. DJ Moore indefensible? Doubt it. Shockingly bad secondary play. 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Agree.  Yeah lol it’s easy to tell that Sam had some doubters here. But to me he’s been the oasis in the desert. He’s been far from perfect. But Keim likes to say he reminds him of Kirk as to work ethic and accuracy. I think Howell had flashed much more than early Kirk.  I am feeling good about him 

Definitely. He has way more arm talent than Kirk. Cousins is just a more seasoned pro at this point. And it shows. Can't wait to see Howell after having this full season to grow. 

1 minute ago, SkinsHokieFan said:

Pretty certain its been said many times

It is time to fire Ron and Jack. Give EB the reigns, see what he does in a season long try out

This team isn't winning with Ron as HC 

EB can barely handle playcalling duties. You want him to take on more responsibility, as an interim Head Coach?

Skins fans are the lonely person that wants to marry anybody after 1 or 2 dates. No rational thinking. Just emotion and vibes. Their person is perfect and beautiful and must be shielded from the evils of the world. 

I just cannot believe we still do this with players after all these years. Let them earn it first. 

Sam was not a mains issue tonight but he didn’t do **** in the first half except throw a pick and miss an easy wide open TD. That **** matters and it’s ok to hold him to higher than dirt standard. 

• Like 2

Just now, shakinaiken said:

EB can barely handle playcalling duties. You want him to take on more responsibility, as an interim Head Coach?

I don't think anybody wants him to.  Ideally, we'd have a good head coach.  But it is pretty clear that Ron isn't the answer so it might make sense to see what EB can do.

• Like 1