Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread ~ Commanders vs. Da Bears - Got Mauled By The Bears!!!

zCommander

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Shut up you.  

That wasn’t the problem.  

The 10 rush attempts better 18 yards.  The rushes were drive killers.

The offense started to click when they realized they could pass on these jabronis and let Howell fling it.

Howell was not the problem.  Hell, the offense wasn’t even the problem, really.  

The defense being WORKED for the entire first half was the problem.  

Howell passed for 388 yards and 2 TDs. 37 of 51 for 74%

We were so far down so quickly, we did what we had to. 

Yeah I don't get the complaints about lack of runs either. We were down double digits most of the game. The Bears secondary is full of backups and jags. Everytime we ran the ball we did them a favor. 

The rest of the season should just be all about letting Howell sling it 50+ times a game. Best case scenario he develops and we have a legit passing attack, which we'll need since apparently the defense is gonna be giving up 30 points a game now. Worst case he gets crushed in which case we just tank and end up in the Caleb Williams/Drake May sweepstakes anyway. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As you know I’ve beaten Ron up a ton and would kill to see him gone.

But I don’t think there is any chance Harris is firing Ron after 5 games 

We'll lose 48-17 to the Dolphins and then he'll get fired during the bye week

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As you know I’ve beaten Ron up a ton and would kill to see him gone.

But I don’t think there is any chance Harris is firing Ron after 5 games 

I don’t think so either.

But I don’t think it’s a reactionary, emotional move to make.  In fact, it’s be endearing to the fans that we aren’t taking any more of this BS.

It’s insulting to everyone, particularly those that spend money to watch the Bad News Bears celebrate on their field.

People who really pay attention knew this was a lost season and that Harris would start over in February. 

But this is the game that will lose Rivera everyone else. This season is over but for the crying (of the outgoing staff), we will probably bounce back with some interesting wins here and there, but this regime died officially tonight. The rest of the season will be the death throes 

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Conn said:

people will be amazed how much more fun it will be to root for a young, scrappy rebuild that is coached well and built by a competent GM. We won’t even miss all of this veteran “talent” that’s been disappointing us for years, if they do a fire sale. 

Yah. I like Terry, Allen, and Payne. But this thing needs to be demolished from the too down. Get what you can, and start anew.

Thankfully, with Douchebag gone, we know that if another team comes at us with a potential deal, we have responsible businessmen that will see that it gets done.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Simmsy said:

Reporter: What would you like to do differently, coach.

Rivera: Win the game.

There, I saved you ten minute of Rivera Rabble. The man is useless on all fronts, fire his ass now.

He actually said we need to watch the tape and do better lol

• Haha 3
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, Conn said:

no he won’t. None of this is on his plate, it was obviously a lost season. Nothing is saving this with mid-season moves lol 

It's not about this season, we should put EB in charge and find out about him for next year and beyond. We know this head coach is toast so let's cut the chord now and play for the future. RR didn't even know we were eliminated from the playoffs last year when we lost. Nice guy who needs to go.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

No pass rush

Defensive backs can't cover

O line can't block

Wrs small and don't get enough separation

Kicker misses fgs

Lackluster Lbs

Biennemy inconsistent on play calling

Del Rio consistently bad

Wasted 2 picks last year on Dbs

Team flat.  Rivera can't fire team up

Other than that, things are great...

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

Josh isn’t going to fire Ron in season unless he loses the team.  He’s going to have to live in the mess he made

I agree, but I think there is a chance Rivera might be losing them. I mean the way we opened the game tonight was just pathetic. It looked like we weren't prepared at all. That's on coaching not getting to the players. 

Its not so much that I think the players suddenly hate Rivera or anything like that, but sometimes the voice just gets stale and you need something new/fresh. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Shut up you.  

That wasn’t the problem.  

The 10 rush attempts better 18 yards.  The rushes were drive killers.

The offense started to click when they realized they could pass on these jabronis and let Howell fling it.

Howell was not the problem.  Hell, the offense wasn’t even the problem, really.  

The defense being WORKED for the entire first half was the problem.  

Howell passed for 388 yards and 2 TDs. 37 of 51 for 74%

We were so far down so quickly, we did what we had to. 

I haven't seen anything but the Slye missed field goal, and I hate to ask this, but..... Are you sure that things didn't start clicking because it was 27-3 and the clock hit the Kirking hour?

Our so called vaunted defensive line has not done much this year. I don't know enough to notice any scheme deficiencies, but I do know Del Rio does nothing to help.

Forbes has looked atrocious, but I am willing to give him a chance to improve. But man we have no difference makers in the secondary. Shoot we have very few difference makers on defense period.

Just now, MrJL said:

Norv had a playoff team immediately preceding the year he was fired to help protect him.  Ron's playoff year was the 2020 season

Lol I’ve been hated by the Ron defenders for being down on him.  

But look I don’t expect an owner to fire a coach  after going 2-3.  I think you guys will be disappointed to be expecting that but will see 

• Like 1