Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Eagles Make Us Sad

KDawg

5 minutes ago, DJD2 said:

Can someone explain why they have Chase dropping into coverage, not once, but on multiple plays?

To spy Hurts and take away underneath dump offs.He was really good and disciplined doing it too.

Just now, oraphus said:

Did Hurts even get hit this game? I dont think i saw him pressured once.... not a single blitz that got through? WTF are we doing on D? Its ****ing ridiculous!!

He was sacked 3 times and hit a lot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

27 minutes ago, Thinking Skins said:

Actually, where Forbes messed up was letting the receiver get an outside release. In 2, you want to funnel the receiver inside as there is safety help there. The sideline is a tough place for a 2 high safety to get to. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Thumb up 1

38 minutes ago, oraphus said:

Did Hurts even get hit this game? I dont think i saw him pressured once.... not a single blitz that got through? WTF are we doing on D? Its ****ing ridiculous!!

We're just not a good blitzing team. I don't know why people keep screaming BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ. Our guys are slow and rushing the QB and Del Rio always has them coming from super far away and really late.

People think blitzing is as simple as just running really fast at the QB but there is a skill set to it. We just don't have guys on defense that blitz effectively. I think the last back seven player we had that was an above average blitzer was Landon Collins. And Del Rio doesn't scheme it well either.

The strength of our defense is hoping our front four generates pressure and our secondary can hold up. Neither worked yesterday against an all world Eagle OL and WR duo.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

26 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Every QB makes great throws against us and no K has ever missed a kick against us. It gets super frustrating after a while.

YEEESS on the kicker part. Said this in the GDT. It almost always feels like gauranteed points against us, no matter the distance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captain James said:

YEEESS on the kicker part. Said this in the GDT. It almost always feels like gauranteed points against us, no matter the distance.

I legitimately can not remember the last time a K missed a FG against us. Its a silly thing to complain about but it'd be nice if we could catch a break in those areas from time to time.

Just now, Warhead36 said:

I legitimately can not remember the last time a K missed a FG against us. Its a silly thing to complain about but it'd be nice if we could catch a break in those areas from time to time.

Not so silly when we're often involved in really close games. It's usually our kicker missing FGs, keeping games closer than they should be.

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

Every QB makes great throws against us and no K has ever missed a kick against us. It gets super frustrating after a while.

So true.

I feel like a whiner saying that stuff during games, or that I’m just being anecdotal and emotional.

But it’s like damn, can a FG kicker ever miss a damn kick against us?  Even from 50+, it’s money.

Same with the elite throws becoming completions by a hairline, just the only possible place the ball can go and there it is - usually on a crucial 3rd down.

Edited by BatteredFanSyndrome
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

We do seem to give up a lot of big plays. Usually perfect passes to guys uncontested. Not sure on the stats of that but it seems like every big play we make down field someone (Terry, etc) is having to battle a 50/50 ball from someone. Certainly frustrating. 

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

So true.

I feel like a whiner saying that stuff during games,  or that I’m just being anecdotal and emotional.

But it’s like damn, can a FG kicker ever miss a damn kick against us?  Even from 50+, it’s money.

Same with the elite throws becoming completions by a hairline, just the only possible place the ball can go and there it is - usually on a crucial 3rd down.

We're not a great team so it'd be nice if we could catch one of those breaks every once in a while.

I think the last time a K missed a legitimate big kick against us was the Cowboy game in 2018 when they missed a game tying 50+ yarder.

22 minutes ago, RandyHolt said:

OK i know I wasnt the only one that thought Logan got murdered on his one

Thomas definitely took a hit and to the head, but there is no way you look at that and think it deliberate. The DB is falling down. Looks more like he was trying to avoid a dirty hit.

We've seen plenty of dirty hits and that wasn't one.

9 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

This is what EB has in Wylie.

full

so, I found out the other day that Roadrunner was actually a major partner for ACME. Which is why Wile E was consistently foiled. 

Wile E needs some respect. Let’s not lump him in with our OL.

Thank you.

• Haha 2