Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 5 - The Commanders vs. Da Bears

zCommander

1 minute ago, Warhead36 said:

We've done well in night games in the Rivera era. 2-1 last year. 2-2 in 2021. 2-1 in 2020(the one loss being the playoff game).

Thank you, I hadn't picked that up. I guess I'm still holding onto the old fears. 

9 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

I don't see the Bears rallying to save their coach. This isn't a Tomlin in Pittsburgh or Carroll in Seattle type situation. The guys are basically already on the verge of mutinying on Eberflus. The D Coord has already been fired and Fields has already thrown coaches under the bus. They also have no real leadership in that locker room.

If we jump out to like a 10-0 type lead, they'll pack it in and it could be a complete laughter. But of course if the game is kept close up to the 3rd quarter, well pro football players are competitors and will play hard to win.

If we stay in our lanes on defense and pressure Fields into taking sacks or forced throws we should win by 17 points or more. This game is on the defense tonight. A bad loss and JDR should be shown the door. 

Commandskins  30

Da Bears            16

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

And new ownership and a new offensive coordinator and a full stadium full mostly of Commanders fans. 

For now.  If you lose this game to the worst team in the NFL, that will change really quickly.  Losing to a team with a 14 game losing streak, and one that literally hasn’t won in a calendar year might erase a lot of the good will and vibes for the season.  It would be catastrophic. Here’s to hoping that doesn’t occur tonight.

A loss against these Bears would guarantee that the remaining home games will be at least 50-50 opposing fans, and greater than that for games against the Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys.

Edited by samy316

Keim, as usual, is right. And I'll add that even though Eberflus has put together a TERRIBLE staff, Getsy is viewed positivity in league circles. Prime Time game = audition for a Windy City afterlife. He's gonna show some things tonight. We can't afford any half steppin' from JDR. Start fast, attack, attack, attack.

Bears stink, decimated o line, bad secondary, we went 12 rounds with the Eagles and had them on the ropes the whole game? 

TRAP GAME!!!!!!! We suck in prime time, and in a game where you have to win (and believe me this is a must win, we just never do well! 

That being said I think the Bears are so bad that we win but it will be an ugly ugly win

Commies: 20

Bears:13 

Agree with Keim... Its not just games against top teams that are measuring stick games.  This team needs to beat a bad team at home.  Period.  Its also a bit of a measuring stick game for me personally too.  My son and I have decided that if the Skins look decent we will be traveling to LA and/or Seattle for our annual road game trip.  If they wet the bed we will take a year off.

HTTR

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I am 4 for 4 so far.  Can I keep the streak going...

Commanders 27

Bears 17

I was SO close to being right on the Eagles game.  If Ron had just gone for (and they had made the 2 point conversion) Or McLaurin's catch would have been ruled a catch, I would have been right my gut told me they would lose to the Bills and inexplicably beat the Eagles.   Arg.  

So close.  

But no cigar.  

49 minutes ago, Conn said:

Is that two weeks in a row for Rodriguez with “illness” as his injury?

Yes.  

I wonder, do they have a COVID list anymore?  They used to have the COVID list and the "Illness - Non-COVID" list. 

Did they dump that?

I feel bad for my guy.  If he truly has been sick for that long, he must be miserable. Because he didn't practice for the entire week with the illness also.  He has had it at least a week.  Whatever it is.

34 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I was SO close to being right on the Eagles game.  If Ron had just gone for (and they had made the 2 point conversion) Or McLaurin's catch would have been ruled a catch, I would have been right my gut told me they would lose to the Bills and inexplicably beat the Eagles.   Arg.  

So close.  

But no cigar.  

Yes.  

I wonder, do they have a COVID list anymore?  They used to have the COVID list and the "Illness - Non-COVID" list. 

Did they dump that?

I feel bad for my guy.  If he truly has been sick for that long, he must be miserable. Because he didn't practice for the entire week with the illness also.  He has had it at least a week.  Whatever it is.

They must have dumped it entirely, because I haven’t heard of a single player having COVID now for almost two years. Which is basically impossible, so that must mean they aren’t treating it any differently from any other illness any longer 

6 hours ago, samy316 said:

For now.  If you lose this game to the worst team in the NFL, that will change really quickly.  Losing to a team with a 14 game losing streak, and one that literally hasn’t won in a calendar year might erase a lot of the good will and vibes for the season.  It would be catastrophic. Here’s to hoping that doesn’t occur tonight.

A loss against these Bears would guarantee that the remaining home games will be at least 50-50 opposing fans, and greater than that for games against the Eagles, 49ers and Cowboys.

C'mon man, this is a new year with lots of great things happening, lets keep it positive. You're right with your points but we will take care of business tonight and keep growing. 

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well, Dick Butkus just died so now the Bears will play in his honor and beat the **** out of us.

55% of that roster won’t know who Dick Butkus was until the moment they hit play on the slideshow presentation in the locker room