Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Gameday thread - Eagles

MartinC

Am I the only one that new not going for 2 to win the game, that we would go on and lose in overtime.

Grow some ******** Rivera.

I would take a loss every time going for the win rather that going to overtime. Our hopeless OL has got a better chance on 1 play than going down the field in my opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

If we go 2-15 by losing our remaining games on the last play of the game, I'm kind of ok with that.  We'll be in competition for the #1 pick but won't actually be that far from being a good team.  If we get a top 3 pick in that instance and trade down for a good haul, with the right drafting team, Super Bowl in '24.  Mark it.

Just now, CobraCommander said:

I mean what’s the point of even showing up to the game. Like what’s it’s all been for? Why have you coached a team for 4 years and then when you have a chance to win, you pass?

I feel like Redskins fans wade into existential waters more than most fanbases

• Haha 2

This game represents this year's team IMO.

We can be very good in stretches, but we're just a half step to a step away from putting it together. That's what separates the good teams from the contenders.

We look like a wild card team who could get hot at the right time and do some damage in January, but we're a year away from being a real contender. Fortunately, we're very close. But being just barely away is going to cause a lot of heartache over the year as we deal with more near-misses and coulda-shoulda-woulda's.   

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, dc1 said:

Not sure about that.

The attempt for the two point conversion gives you less odds on a 50/50 play. It's one and done.

The overtime scenario gives you a series of attempts (offensive and defensive) to secure a victory.  We were up by in the first half and tied at the end of regulation.

On paper, sure, but you don't make that decision on paper. We just scored a touchdown, we just had to do it again.  Stopping them is not something we had done, and we just had to do it again.

18 minutes ago, MartinC said:

5 sacks. That’s too many still - but I don’t charge any to Sam. At least one on Gibson and a couple of Cosmi. 

That's a sign of growth on Sam's part, huge in the "learning from mistakes" conversation for young QBs...

• Like 2

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Yeah we better beat the F out of Chicago. Wont have Hurts, Brown, Smith or an all world OL to contend with. 

i want a 31-0 massacre. 

I'll take a 9-6 win on Thursday night.

After an OT game on the road against one of the best, most physical teams in football?  A quick turn to Thursday night is a great equalizer.  

I don't care about style points in that one at all.  Just get the W, get on the extra rest and get ready for the Falcons.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Dark Acre said:

If we go 2-15 by losing our remaining games on the last play of the game, I'm kind of ok with that.  We'll be in competition for the #1 pick but won't actually be that far from being a good team.  If we get a top 3 pick in that instance and trade down for a good haul, with the right drafting team, Super Bowl in '24.  Mark it.

I don't believe losing like this on the last play for the rest of the season is a healthy option for any of us lol 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dark Acre said:

That Billy Madison quote was written in anticipation of this post.

JFC.

24 minutes ago, steve09ru said:

OT away vs a top 1-2 team (nfl, not only nfc) with a couple missed opportunities - I’ll take that every Sunday 

will be cool when we can stop having feel good moral victories instead of real ones  

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2