Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Next Day Thread: Sam Howell Just Got Sacked Again! (Buffalo Edition)

KDawg

2 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

Count on Tress Way to punt teams in as best he can. Stay in games going into the half so the team can build confidence. 

May sound weird and simplistic to say that but you have a great point. Every possession does not have to end in a turn over, punting is OK, especially with this punter. Howell needs to understand that, this team does not have to ride on his shoulders every possession.

Just as, if not more importantly, EB and RR need to understand that.

Edited by Chris 44

Listening to the whole Cooley podcast.  some of his points.

A.  He's not off Howell, he just had a bad day

B.  He thought Bieineimy called a bad game.  He loved his play calling against Denver.  But against Buffalo, he didn't care for it.  Among other things they didn't move the pocket or use the quick game or committ to the run.

C.  He thinks this O line is below average.  He's not sold on it in run blocking either.  He also doesn't like how they play together.

D.  Receivers are struggiling to seperate

E.  They kept Howell in the pocket without moving him which he said was a mistake especially considering the O line.

F.  He didn't think the secondary had a good game.

G.  While he loves the players on the D line he said over the years it oddly isn't a force against good teams on third and long unlike some other big time D lines.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 4
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Listening to the whole Cooley podcast.  some of his points.

A.  He's not off Howell, he just had a bad day

B.  He thought Bieineimy called a bad game.  He loved his play calling against Denver.  But against Buffalo, he didn't care for it.  Among other things they didn't move the pocket or use the quick game or committ to the run.

C.  He thinks this O line is below average.  He's not sold on it in run blocking either.  He also doesn't like how they play together.

D.  Receivers are struggiling to seperate

E.  They kept Howell in the pocket without moving him which he said was a mistake especially considering the O line.

F.  He didn't think the secondary had a good game.

G.  While he loves the players on the D line he said over the years it oddly isn't a force against good teams on third and long unlike some other big time D lines.

G....think that's been brought up around here also.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

The number of times our D-line got hands on Allen but he barely got away…

I think Chase had him in his grasp at least twice. A couple more inches both the narrative of the Dline and the game itself probably changes drastically.

That doesn’t seem to happen to the Bosas and Watts of the league. Is that luck? Technique? Seems like we are that close..

22 minutes ago, WFT4Ever said:

The number of times our D-line got hands on Allen but he barely got away…

I think Chase had him in his grasp at least twice. A couple more inches both the narrative of the Dline and the game itself probably changes drastically.

That doesn’t seem to happen to the Bosas and Watts of the league. Is that luck? Technique? Seems like we are that close..

[inserts 487 pics of Kerrigan being clotheslined here]

1 hour ago, Chris 44 said:

May sound weird and simplistic to say that but you have a great point. Every possession does not have to end in a turn over, punting is OK, especially with this punter. Howell needs to understand that, this team does not have to ride on his shoulders every possession.

Just as, if not more importantly, EB and RR need to understand that.

I should've added Slye to the point too. Take the points, let Howell have the confidence that he led the offense to points every chance we get. It's one thing to go for it on 4th down with Jaylen Hurts or Josh Allen but totally different with a young kid. We should've been down 13 - 3 at the half vs Buffalo and getting the football to start the 2nd half. Come out running the ball or throwing screen passes. Don't take stupid penalties....play solid football and let the chips fall. 

We've looked like a poorly coached team at times this season and that can't be the case moving forward. Help Sam out.

1 minute ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

I’m tired of our path of least aggression. As much as people like to talk about Ron’s low ceiling, Del Rio gets more of a pass than I think he deserves. 

It kind of hit me during the game last week. We blame Ron for the sub-par or average LBers, but Davis has the tools. He should be better and the defense is too packed with talent to be getting so close, but never closing. It's JDR that needs to be blames. 

I think we'll see the implosion of Ron, Jack and EB this year and the house will be cleaned. I hope our new GM has the ability to keep the talent on board.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Crazy how every coach here has a fetish for sounding stupid behind a mic. Really annoying 

EB stands for Epic Buffon and Ron is senile. Jack will probably be coaching in the Argentina league next year.  :D 

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Heck, Sam barely stood at all.

Is that quote about BRobs success and his dismissal of it? Isn't he a former RB? Our former LBer HC&DC ignore the LBer position, our former RB OC/HC ignores RB. Weird.

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Bieniemy: "We're growing as a team; we're discovering who we are. We're 2-1. The sky hasn't fallen. The sun is still coming up. We have an opportunity to fix it.... It starts with me."

Bieniemy: "We're growing as a team; we're discovering who we are. We're 2-1. The sky hasn't fallen. The sun is still coming up. We have an opportunity to fix it.... It starts with me."

**** me.

download.png

Edited by Chris 44

12 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

….Is the implication here that we’ve seen an offense get materially better over the course of season ? If so, which team and which offense are you referencing? They usually just suck around these parts.

I’m not out on this team yet but your statement just doesn’t fit anything related to recent Washington football lol 

Oh I think a Washington Football team under preforming is extremally relevant to recent happenings here. That was my point. Not only should this not surprise you, it should be comfortable. I'm just taken aback at how anyone honestly expected anything else. 

I mean seriously lol. I thought we all expected them to clean house the minute the team was sold. Even Ron knows he is done. Maybe this is just me coping though. 

20 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Yeah what the hell how is 92 being blocked by what looks like a RB while three guys stand there blocking air and the other three are blocking guys one on one. 

There's gotta be a disconnect somewhere. Is it Howell not adjusting the protection?

That looks like a 3 Jet protection. 6 man protection with 3 Jet being a half slide slide to the right (2 Jet is slide to the left). Back is the 6th man he blocks from centre out on an extra rusher. TE is chipping on his release into a pattern to the right.  Looks like the right call - there are four potential rushers to the offenses right and two to the left. Defense fools the offense here by not rushing from the offenses right but sending the two from the left. 

They probably knew they were going to get 3 Jet against that defensive look and schemed to get two guys singled up on our left while we have 3 guys blocking air looking to their right. You might say Gates should come off that and help Charles (look for work) but he's looking at 92 expecting to have to pick him up off the back. If it is 3 Jet the back should not have picked up 92 he should have either check released after reading the middle linebacker on the basis there is no extra rusher or he should still be in our backfield and be ready/available to help chip to our left.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, Llevron said:

Oh I think a Washington Football team under preforming is extremally relevant to recent happenings here. That was my point. Not only should this not surprise you, it should be comfortable. I'm just taken aback at how anyone honestly expected anything else. 

I mean seriously lol. I thought we all expected them to clean house the minute the team was sold. Even Ron knows he is done. Maybe this is just me coping though. 

Oh got you. We’re on the same page then lol