Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Game Day Thread: The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

2 minutes ago, BrentMeisterGeneral said:

True, but giving him that much of an easy out isn’t correct. He’s still contributed to many of his own problems by holding onto the ball too long, and being inaccurate 

You don't think getting hit every drop back doesn't have an effect on a 1st year QB?

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

Sam is looking at his offense and wondering how they are going to move forward with one first round pick on the offensive side of the ball. Is Dotson even on the field? On the upside I predict we will be 5 - 2 by the second Philly game.

My record season progression  2-0then  2-2 then 5-2 then  5-5 then 8-9

Just now, Llevron said:

See that sack is what I’m talking about. He ran right into that and it’s cause he’s conditioned to feel pressure that isn’t even there. If that becomes a habit for him, he’s done 

Well I mean the first one. Not the other one that happened right after that. 

3 minutes ago, Conn said:

That distinction doesn’t matter to me, the point is the Broncos are a terrible team and we barely stumbled past them. The only time they looked like a professional football team this year was against us. 

I really like a lot about Howell but his absolutely and complete lack of pocket presence and lack of a clock in his head is one big thing that really really really concerns me. 

Just now, KDawg said:

I don’t think it’s an easy out. Howell has made way too many mistakes today. But the OL has directly contributed to more sacks than Howell… 

If you have vet QB you can have a mediocre line and do fine.

If you have a mediocre/developing QB and you have a decent OL you can do fine. 

If you have a developing QB and the worst line in football the combination is overbearing and you’re going to have a bad time. 

I am by no means going to defend the quality or lack of on the O line, but my post referred really to those who seem to be willing to turn the blinkers on to Howell’s current deficiencies by giving him that excuse

O line has been horrible, and so has Howell