Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 3 - The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

6 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Looks like the weather could get gnarly, I'm excited to see how this team responds to some early success... albeit not beautiful. Classic their heads got too big game where we get punched in the mouth sunday. fingers crossed this team is really turning the corner and its competitive throughout. 

Think that depends largely on the defense to be disciplined and create havoc. This is one of those games where that vaunted dline needs to affect the game, especially Chase Young.  Offense just limits mistakes and plays efficiently, gotta take advantage of red zone opportunities.

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Dan T. said:

Despite what people are saying, I'm not seeing a whole lot of "smack talk" by the Bills fans posting here. So why don't we stop acting like dicks toward them.

I highly doubt said Bills fans are taking any of this apparent nasty, abhorrent treatment as seriously as you are.

They are taking a light ribbing, less than light actually, going by classic ES standards 

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I highly doubt said Bills fans are taking any of this apparent nasty, abhorrent treatment as seriously as you are.

They are taking a light ribbing, less than light actually, going by classic ES standards 

It's just a couple of Bills Mafia signing up to tell us how they're going to easily beat us and how enjoyable it'll be for them.

Why trash talk on a sports message board?

8 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

It's just a couple of Bills Mafia signing up to tell us how they're going to easily beat us and how enjoyable it'll be for them.

Why trash talk on a sports message board?

Because this board, and this fan base, has traditionally been a bit better than most boards in encouraging smart, productive dialogue as opposed to the neanderthal grunting found on many teams' boards.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, zCommander said:

Wouldn't you say to run the ball more effectively and getting 1st downs and keeping the opposing so called "potent" offense on the sideline? What also needs to happen is our D needs to shut them down and get the ball back our players makers as well. This will require a total team effort. That goes for the Cheesman and Sly as well. It is a tall order but I feel confident that we can actually beat them. 

Did you really reply to my complete joke of a post with something not jokey?  

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Honestly, winning and losing is irrelevant to me this year. I’m happy Dan is gone and it seems we have a franchise quarterback. I’m more interested in Howell’s development and measuring the team’s progress more than anything.

Win or lose, I want us to compete with Buffalo, be in it. Kinda like where Detroit was last year. A team that shows resilience, toughness, and the ability to fight with any team even though we’re flawed in some areas. I think Rivera feels the same way as Howell mentioned the team is using this game as a measuring stick type of game. Boys should play hard, just hope they’re disciplined while doing so. Controlled rage!

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Because this board, and this fan base, has traditionally been a bit better than most boards in encouraging smart, productive dialogue as opposed to the neanderthal grunting found on many teams' boards.

Give it time. The more noise this team makes, the more flesh eating walkers will come trotting back :ols:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Im not entirely sold on our defense, still seeing those same coverage mistakes/confusion that occurred early last year. I think Allen will take advantage of the LB's and secondary in this one. Bills going to try to confuse Howell, they have a much better back 7 than Arizona and Denver. Thinking this may show up in picks for a still learning QB.

Hoping I'm wrong, but to have a shot we need to  limit the chunk yardage / big plays on D and limit the turnovers on offense.

20 minutes ago, Chris 44 said:

Im not entirely sold on our defense, still seeing those same coverage mistakes/confusion that occurred early last year. I think Allen will take advantage of the LB's and secondary in this one. Bills going to try to confuse Howell, they have a much better back 7 than Arizona and Denver. Thinking this may show up in picks for a still learning QB.

Hoping I'm wrong, but to have a shot we need to  limit the chunk yardage / big plays on D and limit the turnovers on offense.

never-tell-me-the-odds-star.gif

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I love the way this team has come out so far. So much to like, EB I believe is doing a very good job of getting better every Q, Sam H is growing before our eyes. we just got a freak athlete back on D that looks like his old self despite a few brian freezes, the team is really manageing the clock so much better. D is playing team ball. 

But 20+ years of **** after a good win is just too much for me to overcome. I have a really bad feeling about this game. The good news is that this is the time to have a bad loss, when I say bad loss I mean not competing, Buffalo is a better team and should win.  I really think they take thier lumps but learn from them. Just can't seem to get rid of the gloom and doom mini me brought here. 

• Like 1