Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Game Prediction Thread - Week 3 - The Commanders vs. The Bills

zCommander

If we get off to a slow start on both sides of the ball the way we have the last two weeks, Buffalo will not let us back into the game.  We need to establish the run early and often for no lather reason than keeping the heat off of Sam.  If we’re dropping him back 30+ times in the first half, it won’t be pretty.  I expect lots of outside runs testing the edges of the Buffalo defense and a few screens to really open things up for the second half.  Our screen game was on point vs the Broncos, so I look for that to continue. 

Sadly, I anticipate we will be pass heavy in the first half and come up just short in the end:  Bills 27, Mmanders 20

Edited by Rex Tomb
  • Like 2

I think this will be a back and forth affair with the Bills pulling this one out late:

Bills 28

Commanders 24

Josh Allen is a beast, and if we get good Josh Allen (like the 2021 game), we’re in big trouble.  I think Rain is in the forecast Sunday, so I’ll go with 28-24.  It would be higher scoring without the possible rain forecast.

2 hours ago, Rex Tomb said:

If we get off to a slow start on both sides of the ball the way we have the last two weeks, Buffalo will not let us back into the game.  We need to establish the run early and often for no lather reason than keeping the heat off of Sam. 

It's amazing that we continue to start slow.  Thank goodness we were playing weaker teams and able to pull out wins.

We need to take games over from the start and dominate with our talented weapons, especially a good run game and keep the WR's in the game!

We also need our DL to take over this game like they did the 2nd half over Denver.

My big worry offensively is the Bills talented Edge players abusing our OT's.  

My big worry defensively is their TE's of Knox and Kincaid especially versus our LB's.

I was at Buffalo 2 years ago when we are embarrassed by Allen. The times they are a changing!

Commanders 27

Bills 20

1 hour ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I’m going to wait for prediction, but for some reason I feel like we lose this one and beat the Eagles.  

Which would make no sense.  But it’s the NFL.  So it makes sense.  

For me it’s the opposite. Before the season I predicted both this game and the Eagles games as losses. After the first two games which I predicted as wins.

If the season is going to turn IMO to a winning one I think they need to take one of the next two.

Eagles D line is even better now with Carter. Hate that matchup against our O line. But the Bills without Von Miller and Josh Allen being a high variance QB especially early in the season - I think they have a decent chance to pull off an upset 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

The Bills are a juggernaut team that will make this team pay if they make mistakes and will not let this team off the mat if they're up 21-3 like Denver was last week.  That said, they are a different team on the road vs at home. It's already been proven with what they did in Week 1 vs the Jets.  They need to be physical vs the Allen, Diggs, and the Bills and be more sound.  The errors have to be very few to none.  They absolutely need to start fast with the home crowd behind them.  If they can, they can win this game with EB's offense and I can see a favorable outcome. 

Washington:  28

Buffalo           24

If they are sluggish like they have were vs Denver, it could get ugly and fast which could make it a long day.  Things may get ugly around here as well.

Buffalo:         31

Washington:  14

Oh I am never in this thread when Dan T. is typing...74-3.

I dunno, does this team know how to utilize a home field advantage?  I give them a puncher's chance and if they win the turnover battle, probably win.  My heart wants to believe but my gut and brain tell me slow my roll...Bills 27 - Commies -17

• Haha 1

As much as I want to give the Commanders the W here, the past still hovers like a dark cloud. Yes, we are reeling from an exciting win on the road against a decent defense. Yes, we are at home against the Bills in front of what I can expect to be another packed stadium of hungry, rabid fans. Yet, I can't shake the fact that we always seem to come out flat and unprepared after huge wins like we witnessed on Sunday. I truly want to believe we're beginning to erase that seemingly indelible plague that's kept us from consistently winning, that "next game" that becomes that "trap game," bursting that bubble if hope. Perhaps this is our time? Perhaps we are finally prepared to take that step up against a formidable team like the Bills. Still...

Commanders 23

Bills 34

• Like 1

My prediction...

Jumbo attends the Extremeskins Tailgate and, in Bills Mafia style, attempts an Atomic Flying Elbow Drop onto the buffet table from the roof of his Ford Fiesta.  He is medevac-ed to MedStar Washington Hospital Center, where he watches the game while lying on a gurney in the ER in a haze from pain meds.

The silver lining to his day:

Commanders 74, Bills 3.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9

I think the team is riding high right now and believes in themselves, good carry over from Sunday. They know they are big dogs at home will want to make a statement. As long as they dont get behind early I think they will be up for this. Eagles game...different story. lol

• Like 1

A lot to like about the last 2 games, but legitimate concerns as well.  I just can’t pick our team this week unfortunately - 30-20 BUF.

Looking forward though, I actually like a lot of our depth (which will be tested) and I think the offense will grow as the season wears on, even against a tough slate of opponents.

• Like 1

Buff prolly take this one.

Allen likes to hold onto the ball and has some of the worst self preservation this side of the milky-way so that will give our d-line ample opportunity to do some damage and force errors, but they have an underrated run game that can bail them out if need be.

Bills have not been putting up sacks this year, but they have some players you gotta watch out for.

The Skins are playing their first quality team of the season.  This is a HUGE opportunity for Ron to show that four years of building is now leading to a legit playoff winning team this year.  No first round losses.  

The defense has its first opportunity to show that it is indeed a top 5 defense.  Bills have a fantastic offense with plenty of weapons.  If our defense doesn't put Buffalo to the test all game long, I don't want to read one more word about them being elite.  Games like these is where you prove it or don't. 

Offense is going to be legit tested, too.  If Sam should look a bit lost or confused, etc. in this game against a great defense, so be it.  That goes with being a rookie-esq player.  Either way, Sam should learn a lot in this game.  EB is going to have to get his head out of his rear in the fist half this game.  He called a terrible game in the first half of the last game and the entire Arizona game.  You have three capable running backs.  Use them to take some pressure off of Howell.  Worked like a charm in the second half against the Broncos.  No more brain farts.

All that said, outside of the injury bug hitting Buffalo and/or fluky turnovers like the ones that hit Philly against us last year, I don't see any way the Skins win this.  What I'm looking for to mark some sort of real progress in the Rivera era is for this team to make this game a contested game that goes down to the wire, win or lose.  

Buffalo 30

Skins 17

• Like 1

I am expecting a close high scoring game. Buffalo's defense has been a mixed bag this season. But so has ours. I loved what I saw from this fanbase on opening day. We are going to need every single one of those loud fans on Sunday. I will be on a cruise. So not sure I will see any of the game. First time in a decade I am actually going to feel bad about missing a game. That should tell you how much I think this organization has changed. Skins...ERR..Commanders win on a last second field goal.

Us: 34

Them: 31