Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Misadventures of Rudy Giuliani

China

Exclusive: Rudy Giuliani still hasn’t found a Georgia-based lawyer needed to negotiate his surrender

Rudy Giuliani still hasn’t found a Georgia-based lawyer and is getting help from former New York Police Commissioner Bernie Kerik, an unindicted co-conspirator in the Fulton County election subversion case, to help him find legal representation, sources familiar with the matter tell CNN. 

Kerik, who is not a lawyer, has agreed to assist Giuliani at no cost through the first phase of the Georgia prosecution — including bond negotiations with the Fulton County district attorney’s office and then surrendering to local authorities, the sources said. 

CNN previously reported that Giuliani is facing hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal bills and sanctions from numerous lawsuits related to his work for Donald Trump after the 2020 election. In recent months, Giuliani traveled to Mar-a-Lago and appealed to Trump himself for assistance with his legal bills.

Kerik worked closely with Giuliani after the 2020 election to chase down supposed election fraud. Now, the former Commissioner of the New York City Department of Correction is working his law enforcement contacts to help Giuliani once again. 

Giuliani would need a Georgia-based lawyer to sign off on a bond agreement that would set the terms for his release once he surrenders at the Fulton County jail. The 19 defendants in the case, including Giuliani and Trump, face a Friday deadline to turn themselves in after being indicted last week.  

Click on the link for the full article

Rudy Giuliani, acting as his own lawyer, asks NYC court to toss suit by ex-ShopRite worker jailed for patting him on the back

Rudy Giuliani has asked a Manhattan federal court judge to toss a lawsuit brought by a former ShopRite worker alleging the ex-mayor’s bogus assault accusations derailed his life.

Acting as his own lawyer, Giuliani said comments he made that caused supermarket employee Daniel Gill to lose his job and land in jail were his legally permitted opinions.

The two men crossed paths in June 2022 as Giuliani was stumping for his son, Andrew, on Staten Island during his failed run for governor. CCTV footage of the incident in a Charleston ShopRite shows Gill approach Giuliani, give him a single pat on the back, and say something later confirmed to be, “What’s up, scumbag?”

Giuliani’s version painted a more dramatic scene.

On 8/17/2023 at 6:12 PM, Bang said:

I recall in 2015/16 there were lines of people around the block to get on camera and talk about how Trump stiffed them.
None of this is new.
It is truly mind boggling that anyone anywhere would trust him for anything. At all.

~Bang

My original boss (carpenter) would drive around and point out all the houses he built or repaired. Sometimes, he would point to a house and say something along the lines of "That dick still owes me money!". It could be a few thousands or tens of thousands, a few years ago or a few decades ago. He remembered and it still clearly pissed him off. However, when it came up that Trump rips off contractors too..."Thats just the business". They will bend, break, twist or ignore everything theys tand for to support Trump. Its sad, really.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

Giuliani's playing a semantics game.  No he wasn't found guilty, he was found liable. He still lost the lawsuit because of a summary judgement because he wouldn't cooperate and comply with discovery requirements.  What he did to the Freemans was despicable.  **** him.  I hope he dies broke and ends up in a pauper's grave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Giuliani hits new low with Georgia indictment

Rudy Giuliani, who used his career as a prosecutor to jumpstart a reputation as a tough-on-crime mayor, is now facing charges in one of the country’s most high-profile indictments. 

Giuliani, who famously used the Racketeering Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) to crack down on the mob as a prosecutor, is being prosecuted on RICO charges himself in Georgia. 

Once known as “America’s Mayor” for his response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, Giuliani could be jailed over his efforts to keep former President Trump in power despite losing an election. 

His surrender in Georgia last week on 13 charges over his efforts to overturn the state’s 2020 election results marks a new low for Giuliani, who has struggled to keep up with mounting legal bills. 

It’s a dramatic fall for a man who was briefly a front-runner for the Republican presidential nomination in 2008 but has seen his reputation fall while aiding another GOP leader.

“America’s mayor should have been in the lede of his obituary, but instead it probably won’t appear until the fourth or fifth paragraph, and in an ironic juxtaposition,” said Ken Frydman, who served as Giuliani’s press secretary during his 1993 mayoral campaign.

“Rudy’s demise, given the peak that he reached — the abyss that he has fallen into is unimaginable,” Frydman said. “But here it is.”

The irony was not lost on Giuliani, who commented on the experience of surrendering to authorities in Georgia more like an onlooker rather than the man going through it. 

“It was nothing. I did it on autopilot. Now I’m aware enough of human psychology to know that it was a tremendous attack on me. It had to be a terrible shock to me that I’m being mug-shotted and fingerprinted, when I probably prosecuted 6,000, 7,000 cases,” Giuliani said during an interview with Newsmax the night that Trump surrendered in the case. 

“And here I am being treated like a common criminal. If I was a common criminal, I should get treated that way. If I was a lawyer honorably doing my job, for a client who is innocent, well that’s completely different. Then that’s an injustice.”

• Haha 1

Giuliani could owe 'tens of millions of dollars' for defamation: poll workers' lawyer

Rudy Giuliani will have to face a trial on defamation damages, and the attorney of the two poll workers he defamed says they are seeking more than "tens of millions of dollars."

The man once known as "America's mayor" recently lost the defamation case brought by Ruby Freeman and her daughter Wandrea "Shaye" Moss, who sued Giuliani for defamation and false statements following the 2020 presidential election. Now, the trial moves on to the damages portion, according to their attorney, Meryl Conant Governski.

Appearing on MSNBC's "Symone" on Saturday, Meryl Conant Governski said she and her clients are not paying attention to Giuliani's criminal trial. Instead, she noted, they are "focused squarely on holding Mr. Giuliani accountable" in the civil case.

And so for our purposes, we will present our case to a jury to show why Mr. Giuliani should pay tens of millions of dollars to our clients in compensatory damages and punitive, on top of it," she said.

She also said Giuliani was rightfully being sanctioned for not coughing up evidence in her clients' case.

If they get a judgement that large against Giuliani, I fully expect him to declare bankruptcy.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, China said:

If they get a judgement that large against Giuliani, I fully expect him to declare bankruptcy

I expect him to declare bankruptcy. 

Willing to bet that Rudy expects to file bankruptcy. That he's already taking steps to hide his assets from bankruptcy. (Which I understand is illegal.)