Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Misadventures of Rudy Giuliani

China

I liked this response to that tweet above:

Full text:

”Because we're wrong about election fraud, Steve.  I've come to that realization reluctantly.

The more I looked into Georgia, the less I was sure there was fraud.  Now, this ruling and lack of case presented by Giuliani.

There was no fraud.  I struggle to believe this, but there is zero evidence to say there was.

Which is why the democrats want Trump as the nominee.  They didn't steal the last election, and they know they can best Trump again.

Think about it.  If they could steal the election, they wouldn't care who the republican nominee is.  However, they do care, because they can't steal the win.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

14 hours ago, Larry said:

As much as I like Rudy getting hit for millions, I still have to reflect. 

There was literally a conspiracy, for the specific purpose of overthrowing the results of the most important, most watched, election in our country. 

A conspiracy involving at least large numbers of the Republican party. One which at least assumed that nearly the entire Party would willingly participate in. A conspiracy where probably more than 100 performed actions to help the conspiracy progress. 

A conspiracy which, maybe not all but certainly most of the Republican Party are still working on. And getting ready to do it again. 

And almost three years later, the only punishment we've seen is a civil conviction, for slandering two people. 

Not to mention the over 100 House Fascists who voted to set aside certified elector votes from several states including mine, who just congratulated himself on voting for the impeachment inquiry for Biden. I let him know what I thought of his vote. 

• Like 3
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Corcaigh said:

“and the purported USB drive was a ginger mint.”

It’s a common mistake.

Can confirm. Last week I spent 2 hours trying to get my USB drive to work before finally realizing that I had been attempting to plug a ginger mint into my computer.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, mistertim said:

Can confirm. Last week I spent 2 hours trying to get my USB drive to work before finally realizing that I had been attempting to plug a ginger mint into my computer.

Cough drops work, but they have less storage capacity.

• Haha 4

Will the Georgia election workers see any of the $148 million award from Rudy Giuliani?

Rudy Giuliani has been ordered to pay nearly $150 million in damages to former Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and Shaye Moss, whom he defamed following the 2020 presidential election.

But as with all major jury awards, the question is whether Freeman and Moss will see any of that money.

Giuliani, the former New York mayor and onetime attorney to former President Donald Trump, has vowed to appeal the jury’s verdict. During the trial, he and his attorneys repeatedly said that he already doesn’t have funds to cover his various debts, but it’s unclear how much the former New York mayor actually has.

Attorneys for Freeman and Moss said in court they had tried to find out Giuliani’s net worth, but because he hadn’t responded to many of their subpoenas in the lawsuit, they couldn’t determine a figure.

A spokesman for Giuliani declined to comment Friday on his current financial state.

Attorney John Langford told CNN’s Erin Burnett on “OutFront” Friday evening that they plan to ensure that Moss and Freeman “see every bit of money that Mr. Giuliani has available to him, to pay and satisfy this judgment” and are “looking at every option (they) have to obtain the money that he owes Ruby and Shaye.”

They plan, Langford said, to move quickly toward getting a final judgment entered in order to go to other jurisdictions where Giuliani has assets.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1

Looks like Rudy's little stunt where he continued to defame Moss and Freeman on the courthouse steps (and was admonished by the judge), is resulting in further legal action:

RUBY FREEMAN and WANDREA’ MOSS,1    Plaintiffs,   v.  RUDOLPH W. GIULIANI, 

This is an action for injunctive relief to permanently bar Defendant Rudolph W. Giuliani (“Defendant”) from persisting in his defamatory campaign against Plaintiffs Ruby Freeman and Wandrea’ ArShaye “Shaye” Moss (“Plaintiffs”). Defendant Giuliani has engaged in, and is engaging in, a continuing course of repetitive false speech and harassment—specifically, repeating over and over the same lies that Plaintiffs engaged in election fraud during their service as election workers during the 2020 presidential election. 

Click on the link for the full filing

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Larry said:

I've had this fantasy of "Your Honor, plaintiffs ask that the punitive damages be doubled, on the grounds that defendant didn't learn anything from the first set."

"And that the punitive damages continue to double every time he repeats his claims. And if he does not have the resources to honor the judgement, that we be allowed to whack Mr. Guiliani in the testicles with a croquet mallet on live TV for every dollar he cannot pay. Thank you."

• Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

So for the legal eagles here, what exactly happens if a person can't pay this sort of restitution? My understanding is that judgements on things like defamation can't be erased by bankruptcy, but what if the person just has no money left eventually? Does the court take any money they make in the future then? A percentage of it?

8 minutes ago, mistertim said:

So for the legal eagles here, what exactly happens if a person can't pay this sort of restitution? My understanding is that judgements on things like defamation can't be erased by bankruptcy, but what if the person just has no money left eventually? Does the court take any money they make in the future then? A percentage of it?

I'm not a legal eagle, or a bald eagle, or an Eagles fan lol...but really hoping it's something like this: