Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Misadventures of Rudy Giuliani

China

Rudy can't keep his nose out of trouble so here is a thread to cover his most recent lawsuit(s) as well as the disbarrment proceedings:

New lawsuit by Noelle Dunphy alleging sexual harassment and other crimes:

Full legal filing:

https://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/nyscef/ViewDocument?docIndex=ayMPHcCh5eCKqo1g4gB42A==

-------------------------------------------------------

Legal disciplinary hearings in DC:

D.C. bar panel finds Giuliani violated attorney rules in bid to overturn 2020 election

------------------------------------------------------

Rudy Giuliani has his law license suspended in NY: 

Rudy Giuliani suspended from practicing law in New York

A New York appellate court Thursday barred Rudy Giuliani, the former New York City mayor and personal lawyer to former President Donald Trump, from practicing law in New York because he made false claims about the 2020 election. 

The state’s bar association first said in January that it would consider pushing for Giuliani to be disbarred after his statements helped fuel the violent mob that invaded the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 with the aim of overturning the presidential election. 

Giuliani called for a “trial by combat” that day, drawing rebuke from prominent lawyers who filed complaints with the state Supreme Court's Attorney Grievance Committee, who accused Giuliani of playing a “role in fomenting a violent insurrectionist attack” on the Capitol. 

Giuliani told Newsmax later Thursday night that he deserved a hearing and was being punished for representing Trump.

Click on the link for the full article

------------------------------------------------------

Lawsuit by pollworkers in GA:

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Man Guilian claimed assaulted him when touched don the back and called a "scumbag":

Man sues Giuliani over false arrest after ‘pat’ on back led to assault charge

A heckler who was charged with assaulting Rudy Giuliani at a Staten Island grocery store last year – after slapping him on the back and saying, “What’s up, scumbag?” – filed suit against the former New York City mayor and prominent Trump ally on Wednesday, alleging he levied an empty accusation.

The lawsuit filed by Daniel Gill in Manhattan federal court also names as defendants the city and several police officers.

It says the defendants “participated in an unlawful conspiracy … to deprive [Gill] of his right to liberty, to his right to speak freely without retribution, and to be free from unreasonable seizures, in violation of his rights under the first, fourth and 14th amendments to the constitution of the United States”.

---------------------------------------------------------

Rudy's divorce lawsuit shenanigans:

Giuliani avoids jail in dispute over payments to ex-wife

Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani beat a contempt order and avoided jail Monday in an ongoing dispute over money he owes to his third wife, Judith Giuliani, as part of a divorce settlement reached three years ago.

At a brief court hearing, Giuliani said he’s making progress in paying the debt, though he and Judith remain far apart on how much he still owes for things like her country club memberships, condominium fees and healthcare.

Judge Michael Katz lifted the contempt order he issued after Giuliani missed a September court date. At the time, Judith Giuliani said the ex-mayor owed her more than $260,000. Katz had given Giuliani a final warning at a hearing a few weeks later, telling him the sheriff was “on notice to come at a moment’s notice” to jail him if he didn’t pay up.

Judith Giuliani said her ex-husband, once hailed as America’s Mayor for his leadership after 9/11, is still in arrears to the tune of hundreds of thousands of dollars and that her lawyers will be taking him to court again if he doesn’t pay up. Giuliani disputes that, saying he owes about $14,000.

---------------------------------------------------------

If Rudy gets indicted in GA when Trump does this summer we'll add that here as well.

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I will be honest.  A woman who is harassed like this shouldn't be sticking around for over a year.  

"I was forced to be with him over and over... to be his sex slave.... to satisfy his desires."

Spurned Girlfriend?  

8 hours ago, Fergasun said:

I will be honest.  A woman who is harassed like this shouldn't be sticking around for over a year.  

"I was forced to be with him over and over... to be his sex slave.... to satisfy his desires."

Spurned Girlfriend?  

For a woman in financial straits, the promise of a $1 million per year salary and free legal representation in an ongoing domestic dispute weighed heavily, I'm sure.

```

Also, looking at that still photo above from the Borat movie for some reason evokes Rudy lying dead in a funeral home.

I read the entirety.  The allegations are gross, disgusting and disqualifying of Rudy ever having any public life.  No doubt him and team will employ the Trump-like strategy of deny, lie, accuse.  I wonder what assets Rudy has... 

If he has millions amassed due to his celebrity.. 

50 minutes ago, Fergasun said:

I read the entirety.  The allegations are gross, disgusting and disqualifying of Rudy ever having any public life.  No doubt him and team will employ the Trump-like strategy of deny, lie, accuse.  I wonder what assets Rudy has... 

If he has millions amassed due to his celebrity.. 

Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe, Your Honor, representing Mr. Satan.  

Let's all remember that what we've got here so far, is a laundry list of things that this woman claims.  

I remember, vaguely, when he was “Americas mayor” and at the height of his career that he managed to appear rational.  I’m still not clear on why the rest of America should care about the mayor of New York City, but that’s for another time.  His policies were certainly controversial, but he seemed like what you expected from a professional well educated Republican from a state that’s been blue in every presidential election since Reagan.  

The idea that he would point to his junk and demand an employee ”take care of this” would have been somewhat surprising.  Not shocking, because politicians are bizarre and terrible creatures that crave power above all else.  I doubt most of them are able to keep their appetites from bleeding into their fantasies.  Still, somewhat surprising, because I would have expected him, at the very least, to not be so reckless.

But today?  I wouldn’t be surprised if he was caught coupling with sheep while dressed up as an alien.  He has very publicly and spectacularly lost his ****.  Just goes to show you how good political handlers are at their jobs that this lunatic managed to appear somewhat normal for so long.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Rudy is a character from a Kurt Sutter series where he's supposed to be on the side of law and order, but turns out to be one of the biggest criminals.

Rudy seems like a Carl Hiaasen character to me.  Think Burt Reynold character in Striptease if he was a New York lawyer.  

• Like 1

So what is interesting to me is that the Noelle Dunphy filed a $3.1M lawsuit in January and then is quoted to The Daily Beast as saying they were in a "romantic relationship". She then back-tracked and clarified their relationship was "physical" and not "romantic". She was representing herself and Rudy basically said, "No lawyer will touch the case...".  

Seems like she has upped the ante by increasing the amount in damages and hiring a lawyer.

13 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Spurned Girlfriend?  

If it's true that she was in an abusive relationship just prior to working for Rudy, then that could explain why she didn't just immediately run out of his office/apartment. And it could be that Rudy took advantage of that knowledge and saw her as more easily manipulated.

As well as, I'm not sure it can legally be considered "consent" when it's your boss making the sexual advances and is keeping your million dollar salary from you while they do. Kind of like how anyone under 18 can't legally consent to having sex with someone over 18 even if they literally say "yes," or how subordinates in the military can't legally (at least under military law) give consent to having sex with their superiors even if they (again) literally say "yes." With a boss/employee relationship, there could be a claim of a quid pro quo-type deal and not just two adults wanting to get their freak on together, and I think she has a valid case of believing that's what was going on with Rudy. The law tends to put the emphasis on the one who olds the power to dictate what happens.

14 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Spurned Girlfriend?  

It reads like sex was always part of the deal but Rudy refused to pay.  Which is still well out of bounds, and I hope she wins.

There's two ways to interpret this even with photos, recordings, etc.  The way the lawsuit reads.

Or the way I am going to play devil's advocate.  I just watched her interview with "Inside Edition". They were romantically involved. He got her MAGA access, it was exciting.  There are pictures of her with Trump family members, VP Mike Pence, etc.  She is smiling and happy in those pictures.  I think they had a consensual relationship and she turned on him.  She has all these details because he trusted her... just the way it looks to me.

• Like 1

Rudy Giuliani is still an honored man at these five colleges — despite a tsunami of legal scandal

But at Georgetown University, Syracuse University, St. John Fisher University, Loyola University Maryland and The Citadel, Giuliani remains an honored man.

At present, each school has allowed Giuliani to keep honorary degrees they bestowed on him before his MAGA-era troubles began — despite, in some cases, mounting outrage from students, faculty and alumni.

Any of them could take Giuliani’s degrees back.

“If at any time during the life of an awardee the University becomes aware of documented evidence of criminal, unethical or immoral behavior or activity, the University has the right to rescind the honorary degree,” Georgetown University’s honorary degree revocation policy states.

“In considering any revocation, Georgetown would follow this policy,” the university wrote in a statement to Raw Story in confirming the former mayor “received an honorary degree from Georgetown in 2002 at the Law Center Commencement.”

Georgetown University officials this week refused to say, however, whether the school’s board and administration are actively attempting to strip Giuliani of his degree, and if so, where the process — if there is one — stands.

That’s more than the other four schools were willing to say about Giuliani.

The Citadel spokesman Zachary Watson acknowledged — but did not answer — Raw Story’s questions about the status of the honorary degree Rudy Giuliani received from the South Carolina military school in 2007.

Officials at Syracuse University and St. John Fisher University in New York, as well as Loyola University Maryland, did not respond to repeated phone and email messages.

Their silence stands in stark contrast to the messages three other schools — the University of Rhode Island, Drexel University in Pennsylvania and Middlebury College in Vermont — have sent Giuliani: they’ve already revoked honorary degrees they had awarded him.

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

‘Wicked witch of the east’: Rudy Giuliani ripped election conspiracy theorist lawyer Sidney Powell in deposition

Weeks after Donald Trump’s defeat in the 2020 election, the then-president assembled a so-called “elite strike force” of attorneys on a stage before a map illustrating “MULTIPLE PATHWAYS TO VICTORY.” The states highlighted in red represented those whose results Trump would try, and fail, to overturn.

The press conference quickly became a punchline likened to an “SNL skit,” and at least two of its presenters are under fire. Both ex-New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani and “Kraken” attorney Sidney Powell have been fighting for their law licenses over their post-election antics. A Washington, D.C., bar disciplinary committee found that Giuliani likely violated a professional rule, and a Michigan federal judge issued a lacerating sanctions order that could imperil Powell’s ability to practice law.

Now, Powell is facing friendly fire from the ex-mayor with whom she once shared a stage.

“The wicked witch of the east,” cracked Giuliani, struggling to pin down Powell’s name during a deposition made public on June 9.

First flagged by independent journalist Marcy Wheeler on Twitter, the March 1, 2023, deposition illustrates the strained ties between the two lawyers. Giuliani delivered the insult while being deposed in a lawsuit filed by Georgia election workers Ruby Freeman and Wandrea “Shaye” Moss, who are suing for defamation over false claims that the women swung the election for President Joe Biden in the Peach State.

Freeman and Moss, who appeared before the Jan. 6th Committee, released the deposition excerpts as exhibits to a filing seeking to compel testimony by former New York City Police Commissioner Bernie Kerik. 

A grateful Kerik ultimately became a visible force in Trump’s efforts to overturn his defeat and became a director of the #FightBack Foundation, a dark money group associated with “Kraken” lawyer Lin Wood — and formerly, the fundraising arm for Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse.

Freeman and Moss claim that Kerik also played a “central” role in a smear campaign against them.

“In the days after the 2020 presidential election, Defendant Rudolph Giuliani asked his decades-long confidante, Bernard Kerik, to ‘come back and assist him’ in efforts to challenge the results of the 2020 presidential election,” their attorney Michael J. Gottlieb wrote in a legal brief. “Mr. Kerik answered that call and became, in his own words, ‘the primary investigator and coordinator’ for Defendant Giuliani’s post-2020 election efforts.”

• 2 weeks later...

Giuliani Ordered to Pay Georgia Election Workers’ Attorney Fees

Rudy Giuliani was ordered to pay the attorney fees of two Georgia election workers suing him for defamation, after a judge found he failed to comply with his obligations to turn over evidence in the case.

US District Judge Beryl Howell entered an order on Friday directing Giuliani to cover what it cost the lawyers for Ruby Freeman and her daughter Wandrea “Shaye” Moss to pursue their successful motion to compel him to produce information.

The order doesn’t specify the amount he’ll owe; the judge directed the plaintiffs to disclose that in a later filing. Howell wrote that Giuliani had failed to show that his resistance to the plaintiffs’ discovery requests was “substantially justified,” which meant he was required to pay their attorney fees.

Freeman and Moss became the subject of 2020 post-election voter fraud conspiracy theories that Giuliani, former President Donald Trump, and other Trump allies promoted. Earlier this week, the Georgia State Election Board announced it had formally cleared Freeman and Moss of any wrongdoing.

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

I notice the article says Giuliani was interviewed by DOJ investigators, but not that he testified in fron of the Grand Jury.  I wonder if that is because they intend on indicting him as a co-conspirator and don't want him pleading the 5th in front of the Grand Jury.

• Thumb up 1