Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Misadventures of Rudy Giuliani

China

I guess all his legal woes are taking a financial toll:

Rudy Giuliani puts luxury Manhattan apartment on the block for $6.5 million

Rudy Giuliani, the man who defined 9/11-era Manhattan before descending to ignominy as Donald Trump's election-denying personal lawyer, has listed his Upper East Side apartment for $6.5 million.

The listing by Sotheby's Realty, posted during the final week of July, makes no mention of the property's owner, or the fact that it was the site of a 2021 raid carried out by the FBI during a probe of Giuliani's activities in Ukraine.

Instead, it features the three-bedroom's more salable points — a landmark building near Central Park, a wood-burning fire-place, a "semi-private elevator landing," and a "massive Primary Bedroom" made of two bedrooms that have been combined into one.

Five days after the apartment was publicly listed, Donald Trump was indicted yet again over his efforts to stay in power after losing the 2020 election. Giuliani was reported to be "co-conspirator 1" in that indictment.

Some of the listing photos are virtually staged. But a jersey with the number 5 is visible in one of them. It's a replica of Joe DiMaggio's Yankees jersey that Giuliani got in 2002, according to the Village Voice, signed by the famed slugger.

"This splendid residence boasts bright, high-floor outlooks and an abundance of sunshine, high ceilings, and beautiful hardwood floors," the listing says. "The thoughtful and inviting layout of the apartment is complemented by copious original detail, such as wood paneling, and leaded-glass and 12-over-12 paned double-hung windows."

It's not clear why Giuliani is selling the unit, which he has owned for several decades. He appears to have recorded episodes of his podcast from the unit as recently as last week.

Click on the link for the full article

Giuliani struggling under massive legal bills after defending Trump

Rudy Giuliani is staring down hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal bills and sanctions amid numerous lawsuits in addition to the new criminal charges – related to his work for Donald Trump after the 2020 election.

In court on Monday, the former New York City mayor said the legal quagmires have left him effectively out of cash. He even appears to have responded to some of the money crunch by listing for sale a 3-bedroom Manhattan apartment he owns for $6.5 million.

Not including standard legal fees, Giuliani faces nearly $90,000 in sanctions from a judge in a defamation case, a $20,000 monthly fee to a company to host his electronic records, $15,000 or more for a search of his records, and even a $57,000 judgment against his company for unpaid phone bills.

While he has declined in court to provide details of his financial state, his lawyers wrote this week that “producing a detailed financial report is only meant to embarrass Mr. Giuliani and draw attention to his misfortunes.”

Giuliani’s financial situation is likely to become even more difficult to navigate in the coming days. He faces potentially perilous court decisions against him in two 2020 election defamation lawsuits as early as this week.

While Giuliani’s attorneys’ fees have not been paid directly by Trump’s political action committee, Trump’s PAC paid more than $300,000 in May to a company handling Giuliani’s archived records for evidence preservation in court cases, according to federal campaign finance records and court filings.

“He is having financial difficulties,” Giuliani’s lawyers said in a filing this month in a civil defamation case brought by two Georgia election workers against him. “Giuliani needs more time to pay the attorneys’ fees and would like the opportunity to seek an extension from the Court.”

https://news.yahoo.com/giuliani-struggling-under-massive-legal-000003837.html

6 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Giuliani struggling under massive legal bills after defending Trump

Rudy Giuliani is staring down hundreds of thousands of dollars in legal bills and sanctions amid numerous lawsuits in addition to the new criminal charges – related to his work for Donald Trump after the 2020 election.

In court on Monday, the former New York City mayor said the legal quagmires have left him effectively out of cash. He even appears to have responded to some of the money crunch by listing for sale a 3-bedroom Manhattan apartment he owns for $6.5 million.

Not including standard legal fees, Giuliani faces nearly $90,000 in sanctions from a judge in a defamation case, a $20,000 monthly fee to a company to host his electronic records, $15,000 or more for a search of his records, and even a $57,000 judgment against his company for unpaid phone bills.

While he has declined in court to provide details of his financial state, his lawyers wrote this week that “producing a detailed financial report is only meant to embarrass Mr. Giuliani and draw attention to his misfortunes.”

Giuliani’s financial situation is likely to become even more difficult to navigate in the coming days. He faces potentially perilous court decisions against him in two 2020 election defamation lawsuits as early as this week.

While Giuliani’s attorneys’ fees have not been paid directly by Trump’s political action committee, Trump’s PAC paid more than $300,000 in May to a company handling Giuliani’s archived records for evidence preservation in court cases, according to federal campaign finance records and court filings.

“He is having financial difficulties,” Giuliani’s lawyers said in a filing this month in a civil defamation case brought by two Georgia election workers against him. “Giuliani needs more time to pay the attorneys’ fees and would like the opportunity to seek an extension from the Court.”

https://news.yahoo.com/giuliani-struggling-under-massive-legal-000003837.html

@PleaseBlitz Looks like Giuliani didn't handle his finances very well from his time as a partner in that big law firm.  A request has already been made by the plaintiffs to have the court review his finances to make sure he's really in dire financial straits and not hiding anything.  I wouldn't be surprised if he eventually filed for bankruptcy.

Edited by China
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 2

Wiseguys Rejoice at Seeing NYC Mafia Buster Rudy Giuliani Indicted on Trump RICO Charge

Rudy Giuliani's indictment on a racketeering charge has New York City mafiosos gleeful at the prospect that, if convicted, the former federal prosecutor could be brought down by the same law he wielded against La Cosa Nostra.

Veteran mob lawyer Murray Richman told The Messenger that he's "spoken to several of my clients" since Giuliani, former President Donald Trump and 17 co-defendants were charged with violating Georgia's Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act.

"You can quote me to say, 'They're f------ thrilled,'" Richman said Wednesday.

"I don’t want to say the language, but they really ripped Rudy a new a------."

Richman noted that "half of these guys love Trump. They freaking love Trump."

"But all of them are almost unified in their position of hating f------ Rudy," he said.

Richman's mob clients have included the late Lucchese family boss Carmine "Mr. Gribbs" Tramunti and Dominick "Big Trin" Trinchera, a Bonnano family capo who was killed with two others during a 1981 power struggle.

Meanwhile, defense lawyer Jeffrey Lichtman, who scored a 2005 hung jury for Gambino crime family scion John "Junior" Gotti, told The Messenger, "All of my clients who had the misfortune of being prosecuted by him are laughing now. As am I."

“I’m thrilled that Rudy will now experience what it feels like to be on the wrong end of a RICO prosecution — with a mandatory five years in prison facing him," Lichtman said.

Click on the link for the full article

Rudy had to pay boatloads to his last wife in the divorce and he looks like a spender. Plus Trump said he'd pay him and we know how that works. I think Rudy's close to broke if he has to sell his apartment and how much is that leveraged? They only report the value of the tax base. It'll sell for a song. Then he'll have some money. Though probably not enough to afford the kind of lawyer he needs. But he's a big RICO lawyer, maybe he'll represent himself!

Edited by LadySkinsFan
  • Thumb up 1

22 hours ago, Busch1724 said:

He's got to have some mob money overseas somewhere. 

He'll be fine. 

Probably gave it to Trump to hide for him and will never see it again.

The unpaid bills thing from Trump is amazing because it's not even a rumor. From lawyers to contractors to cities that fronted for him to hold rallies. They've all been stiffed, and still there are people dumb enough who don't require up front payment before lifting a finger. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

18 minutes ago, @DCGoldPants said:

Probably gave it to Trump to hide for him and will never see it again.

The unpaid bills thing from Trump is amazing because it's not even a rumor. From lawyers to contractors to cities that fronted for him to hold rallies. They've all been stiffed, and still there are people dumb enough who don't require up front payment before lifting a finger. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I recall in 2015/16 there were lines of people around the block to get on camera and talk about how Trump stiffed them.
None of this is new.
It is truly mind boggling that anyone anywhere would trust him for anything. At all.

~Bang

• Thumb up 2

20 minutes ago, Bang said:

I recall in 2015/16 there were lines of people around the block to get on camera and talk about how Trump stiffed them.
None of this is new.
It is truly mind boggling that anyone anywhere would trust him for anything. At all.

~Bang

It's plausible that some of them think that if they can get their foot in there, they can get in on the grift and get Trump's cult to enrich them.

Edited by PokerPacker
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It's plausible that some of them think that if they can get their foot in their, they can get in on the grift and get Trump's cult to enrich them.

I would say that probably is the motivation of MANY of them. MANY MANY.

Course, once you swallow bull****, you get a taste for it, and start to believe it.

~Bang

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

It's plausible that some of them think that if they can get their foot in there, they can get in on the grift and get Trump's cult to enrich them.

"even though almost everyone ends up screwed, I'm going to be the one who uses him to get rich! I'm different" 

• Like 3

On 8/16/2023 at 8:45 AM, LadySkinsFan said:

I guess Rudy forgot the old adage: Lie down with dogs, get up with fleas. He's got some big fleas.

I thought you meant that other old adage:    "People that do business with Donal Trump get screwed over and tossed aside.  Always."

• Thanks 1