Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

There is a lot of negative pub surrounding CW.  Its only going to get more intense leading up to the draft.  How will he handle the pressure if taken first overall?  Going to really be interesting to see what the Bears do at 1.  Supposed comments regarding not wanting to play in Chicago.  Still waiting to declare.  Little too much drama for my liking.

Kinda hoping that he goes #1 to the Bears or to whoever trades up.  Go with Maye (or Daniels if thats who Peters & co. prefers).  Obviously I know nothing other than what I read/see but the vibe surrounding CW is not good.

• Like 5
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Interesting twitter thread here. The last post interests me the most. If Caleb Williams does not declare by the 15th he could still enter the supplemental draft. Where WE would have the first pick because it is based on record. Crazy stuff to think about. 

I thought supplemental draft order is determined by record-weighted lottery, not straight worst-to-first records.

• Like 1

I know this room is going to have a lot of QB chatter over the next couple months which rightfully so. How often do you get a #2 pick and a chance at one of the top QBs.

What I'm really interested in is what we do in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.  We should definitely be able to make a huge improvement to the oline, and possibly snag another receiver.  I want us to put as much talent and weapons around our new QB as possible. 

11 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

I thought supplemental draft order is determined by record-weighted lottery, not straight worst-to-first records.

Correct,

It basically works like this: the league puts its 32 teams into three tiers. Teams with six or fewer wins are separated from non-playoff teams and playoff teams. The NFL then runs a weighted lottery system similar to the NBA Draft — teams with fewer wins have better odds — to determine the order.”

https://www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2023/7/11/23790858/2023-nfl-supplemental-draft-explained-patriots

• Thanks 1

Much like the demand for piece of ownership, that Steinberg tweet is from a non credible account.

A lot of people don’t like Caleb and will believe anything without checking it out 

Edited by Blanka
  • Like 3

I don't see it happening but if Caleb williams went for the supplemental draft wouldn't that cost him a lot of money?

Or does the first pick in the supplemental draft get the equivalent to what they would have gotten if it was the regular draft?

7 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

The best QBs dont have this kinda non sense surrounding em. 

We dont know how much of it is real. When Caleb or his family have been contacted they refer people to their public reps. And the best players always have crap leak out about them. It is done intentionally to hope they fall in the draft. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

We dont know how much of it is real. When Caleb or his family have been contacted they refer people to their public reps. And the best players always have crap leak out about them. It is done intentionally to hope they fall in the draft. 

No other top QB Prospect has had this kinda drama and noise. Where there is smoke, theres fire.

3 hours ago, mh86 said:

Correct,

It basically works like this: the league puts its 32 teams into three tiers. Teams with six or fewer wins are separated from non-playoff teams and playoff teams. The NFL then runs a weighted lottery system similar to the NBA Draft — teams with fewer wins have better odds — to determine the order.”

https://www.patspulpit.com/platform/amp/2023/7/11/23790858/2023-nfl-supplemental-draft-explained-patriots

The interesting part of your link is the below and assume it'd be next years 1st rounder

The team with the highest bid is awarded the player and will subsequently have to give up a corresponding selection in next year’s draft

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Warhead36 said:

No other top QB Prospect has had this kinda drama and noise. Where there is smoke, theres fire.

I'm not well versed about Caleb Williams smoke. But there's been lots of smoke on various issues for top QB's in the past

Cam Newton, Johnny Manziel, Dwayne Haskins, Kyler Murray, Jameis Winston, Jake Locker, Baker Mayfield, Matt Leinart, etc. QB's have a magnifying glass on them. I realize most of this list is disappointments, but Newton was fantastic for a stretch and Murray's future is not yet etched into stone. Most successful QB's tend to have their early warts be forgotten. I'm sure there's some I'm just not remembering.

I do remember the super bland Matt Ryan having negative smoke, as in he was so plain toast he couldn't possibly succeed in the stressful NFL.

• Thumb up 1

Watching that Oklahoma comeback, I had no idea that Caleb had the kind of wheels he showed on that long 4th down run. And I googled it, and apparently he’s a 4.56 guy? That’s crazy. Way better than I thought. I had him pegged as one of these shifty and quick, but not fast guys. 

2 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

I mean… it’s real. This is who he is. 

But the question isn’t, “is it real”… it’s “how real is it?”

2 hours ago, Warhead36 said:

Agreed. Hard pass. 

I still want him to come out this year so Maye drops to us, though.

5 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

How could you possibly know that? Do you have personal interactions with Caleb Williams?

Jeez dude. He went all caps on the word "MEN." He wouldn't do that if he wasn't sure of his claim. IPSO FACTO MF'ER!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

No matter how often people want to play off the personality concerns with Caleb, he’s there to make sure we know they’re real.

Still, you can’t pass on him if he’s there. So I hope he’s not :ols:

2 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

Man, I had no idea ES had so many psychologists/talent evaluators. Simply amazing!

It doesn’t have to be that deep. He keeps doing things that raise the flag. He’s done enough that it’s not coincidence.

Being fair, though… who knows how much of it is business savvy and how much is ego. 

Though not hiring an agent trends towards ego… but Lamar doesn’t have a real agent (or he does now, right? I don’t remember that story) so… who knows.

We can’t pretend to know everything about the guy from reports. But that’s what we have to go on, unfortunately.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

It doesn’t have to be that deep. He keeps doing things that raise the flag. He’s done enough that it’s not coincidence.

Being fair, though… who knows how much of it is business savvy and how much is ego. 

Though not hiring an agent trends towards ego… but Lamar doesn’t have a real agent (or he does now, right? I don’t remember that story) so… who knows.

We can’t pretend to know everything about the guy from reports. But that’s what we have to go on, unfortunately.

I agree. There are red flags but I don’t worry until the draft meetings and sit downs to hear reports. Cam Newton had concerns going into the draft about maturity and so on. Sometimes it was hard to judge because it seemed to be racially driven by some. I hope he comes out because he gives our pick more value.

Edited by OtisDriftwood25

2 hours ago, HigSkin said:

The interesting part of your link is the below and assume it'd be next years 1st rounder

The team with the highest bid is awarded the player and will subsequently have to give up a corresponding selection in next year’s draft

I like the game of chicken aspect of the supplemental draft, where you have to guess what round you want to bid and still get the player.