Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2024 Comprehensive Draft Thread

zCommander

12 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

This announcement got me excited....it's an exciting thought thinking that Harrison could be wearing the B&G this coming season. Wow. 

You are going to be so disappointed…

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, RWJ said:

IF a team wants to trade up for Harrison #1

I cant see anyone trading up to one for a WR. In fact I dont think it has ever happened in the history of the draft. Harrison is an afterthought to WIlliams/Maye. Not saying he might not be a better player. But he isnt a QB.

Here is one of my sleeper WR's if he actually comes out. He signed an NIL deal. So he might not. But his size, power and hands are undeniable. He is a NFL star waiting to happen. Penn State QB's couldnt get him the ball. I think he stays. But if he comes out he is a mid/late round steal.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

I cant see anyone trading up to one for a WR. In fact I dont think it has ever happened in the history of the draft. Harrison is an afterthought to WIlliams/Maye. Not saying he might not be a better player. But he isnt a QB.

Falcons traded up for Julio Jones but youre right in this draft I dont see anyone trading up to one for Harrison jr as good as he will be

• Like 1

3 hours ago, e16bball said:

On the topic of the Mizzou defense, I actually think the other starting CB, Kris Abrams-Draine (#7), and one of their LBs, Ty’Ron Hopper (#8), merit watching for Day 3 as well.

Abrams-Draine is (stop me if you’ve heard this before) very skinny, but he is feisty and he’s definitely got some ball skills. Smooth, effortless mover. Seems he was a WR and QB in HS, so he’s somewhat new to the position but that offensive background probably serves him well to some extent. All-SEC player, 2nd-team All-America, and what appears to be a very high PFF grade for this season. 

Hopper is a guy who flashed so much against K-State when I was trying to watch Beebe that I had to rewind to the beginning and just focus on him. Will need some serious work, he makes as many bad plays as good ones — but he makes a lot of good ones. Very splashy, very explosive. In that game alone he shows off serious range to the sidelines and some major pass-rush capability as well. He’s got some instincts as well, but perhaps not much discipline — frequently overruns or takes himself out of the play. Still, a college LB who pops that much on a good defense is probably worth a late flyer.

Both those guys are thankfully also supposed to be at the Senior Bowl. I guess I can see Kris Abrams-Draine is new to the position, makes some sense that he's late sometimes on reacting to his targets routes. Lacks that instinct of having played the position for awhile. Hopper is all over the place, but it's just so infuriating watching him get there and then not get the tackle. How often do tackling issues for LB's fix themselves in the Pro's? For a special teams perspective, Hopper seems ideal.

4 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Boomer Esiason on Chicago radio today said Caleb is a once in 20 year QB on the field. I agree. I pray his personality somehow makes the Bears pass on him. Bring Caleb home. 

He’s QB1 and it’s not even close for me. I’m going all in to get him. I’ll even be happy if he goes rogue in public and insists he’s not interested in going to the Bears. Screw what everyone else thinks, we are at the exact moment to get our QB. 

Harris won’t want second best. Especially when we are so close sitting with the #2 pick already.

Get it done.

• Like 1

IMO, this guy gives the best breakdown I’ve seen of Williams’ and Maye’s strengths and weaknesses. I agree with most of his points and think they’re really insightful. 

Throwing in the MHJ video as a bonus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Boomer Esiason on Chicago radio today said Caleb is a once in 20 year QB on the field. I agree. I pray his personality somehow makes the Bears pass on him. Bring Caleb home. 

Between that and Spielman who is doing the GM search, good PR day for Caleb who still though hasn't declared...

We’re getting to a point where Caleb not declaring needs to be talked about a bit.

1) it could wildly change the first part of the draft

2) Like it or not, it brings up some character concerns until the reason for delay is provided

Granted, it’s still within the proper timeframe and nothing to overthink yet. But talking about the ramifications if he doesn’t is interesting.

Does Chicago go Maye? Or is that when MHJ is in the fold?

And if Maye is gone, do we go Daniels? Interesting thought experiment, at least.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, kingdaddy said:

It's just a dream....we'll see, long way to go. 

As much as i love Harrison, it would be a nightmare for me and I gather many fans.

We'd be stuck on that hamster wheel.

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

We’re getting to a point where Caleb not declaring needs to be talked about a bit.

2) Like it or not, it brings up some character concerns until the reason for delay is provided

Granted, it’s still within the proper timeframe and nothing to overthink yet. But talking about the ramifications if he doesn’t is interesting.

And if Maye is gone, do we go Daniels? Interesting thought experiment, at least.

Caleb liked a post from someone saying the Bears should run it back with Fields.   We had the leak last year that Caleb was not wild about going to certain teams.

I wonder what he thinks about here?  I gather he's likely a fan of the team growing up considering he's from here and posted on twitter to celebrate Dan's demise but I don't know.

As to his personality, it feels like a wildcard.  His dad's involvement in particular gives some RG3 vibes.  But i don't know.  It definitely needs to be explored.

The irony is if he doesn't come out, he has no guarantee that the team picking at the top next year is to his liking so its a risky move to do it this year.

If he doesn't come out and the Bears take Maye, I'd indeed take Daniels. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Seems like a case of him wanting to play into the drama and holding true to his “game-time decision” declaration late last year.  Bit of a yellow flag for me. 

”Caleb Williams' declaration for the NFL draft will be a 'game-time decision'according to the QB. Caleb Williams to the Chicago Bears, or any team, isn't necessarily confirmed. The USC quarterback told the LA Times it's a "game-time decision" on whether or not he will declare for the 2024 NFL draft”

5 minutes ago, HTTRDynasty said:

And the Giants OL is still terrible…

It's interesting.  I noticed their fans blame the O line coaching.  I'd dismiss that but I've read now in multiple places some personnel types believe O line coaching is one of the more important coaching spots.  Look at the Browns for example -- Callahan has done well there, even with injuries whereas injuries seem to derail the Giants.  They just hired a new O line coach.

1 minute ago, Skinsinparadise said:

It's interesting.  I noticed their fans blame the O line coaching.  I'd dismiss that but I've read now in multiple places some personnel types believe O line coaching is one of the more important coaching spots.  Look at the Browns for example -- Callahan has done well there, even with injuries whereas injuries seem to derail the Giants.  They just hired a new O line coach.

Yeah, could be… or just bad scouting. They’ve had 7 OL coaches since 2015.

23 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

As much as i love Harrison, it would be a nightmare for me and I gather many fans.

We'd be stuck on that hamster wheel.

giphy.gif

Caleb liked a post from someone saying the Bears should run it back with Fields.   We had the leak last year that Caleb was not wild about going to certain teams.

I wonder what he thinks about here?  I gather he's likely a fan of the team growing up considering he's from here and posted on twitter to celebrate Dan's demise but I don't know.

As to his personality, it feels like a wildcard.  His dad's involvement in particular gives some RG3 vibes.  But i don't know.  It definitely needs to be explored.

The irony is if he doesn't come out, he has no guarantee that the team picking at the top next year is to his liking so its a risky move to do it this year.

If he doesn't come out and the Bears take Maye, I'd indeed take Daniels. 

Caleb Williams, to some extent, feels like it did for us Sixers fans when Ben Simmons, because of his freakish athletic talent, was the clear cut, no-brainer #1 overall pick of the draft. This was a kid who couldn't even get LSU into the NCAA tournament but he was the pick. If we are hearing about red flags with Williams then believe there are many more. I know it's not fair to compare Williams to Ben Simmons but I'm more providing an example of be careful what you wish for. Think about it for a minute, why would Williams like a tweet about Fields staying in Chicago? That doesn't seem very smart at all to me. It can only make him look bad. I don't think Williams is the guy I want as the face of my franchise, I can wait for another prospect, let someone else have Williams and his dad. 

• Thumb up 1

9 hours ago, clskinsfan said:

Better than Luck? Stafford? Lawrence? Cam? Burrow? Rivers and Eli?

HELL NO!

We see this overselling EVERY year! I am not sold on this kid's intangibles or his ability to lead MEN! This is a QB starved league and we are a QB famished organization. 

A cracker can look like a NY strip to a man who's hungry enough. 

I hope our front office keeps our pick and drafts a OT. It ain't sexy, but could be a more surefire HOF/Pro Bowl pick than Caleb... or any of these other QBs.

• Thumb down 1

10 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

Caleb Williams, to some extent, feels like it did for us Sixers fans when Ben Simmons, because of his freakish athletic talent, was the clear cut, no-brainer #1 overall pick of the draft. This was a kid who couldn't even get LSU into the NCAA tournament but he was the pick. If we are hearing about red flags with Williams then believe there are many more. I know it's not fair to compare Williams to Ben Simmons but I'm more providing an example of be careful what you wish for. Think about it for a minute, why would Williams like a tweet about Fields staying in Chicago? That doesn't seem very smart at all to me. It can only make him look bad. I don't think Williams is the guy I want as the face of my franchise, I can wait for another prospect, let someone else have Williams and his dad. 

I seriously doubt Caleb will be the discussion at pick #2.  I think he will be gone.

2 minutes ago, klwilkins1977 said:

I hope our front office keeps our pick and drafts a OT. It ain't sexy, but could be a more surefire HOF/Pro Bowl pick than Caleb... or any of these other QBs.

They IMO would be the laughing stock of the league if the took Fashanu at #2.   So i doubt you will get your wish.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2