Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Welcome to the Commanders Emmanuel Forbes CB Mississippi State

zCommander

I am going to be a contrarian.  On one of the two receptions Forbes gave up to Brown today, I thought he was in decent position.  Simple got outmuscled for the ball.  Forbes didn't do anything to really encourage me today, but I am not discouraged by what I saw today.  Overall its been a bad season for Forbes though.

Right, so he’s almost never in position but on the rare occasion that he is, he still can’t cover NFL receivers because he’s 160 ****ing pounds and they just take the ball from him with minimal effort like you would a small child. He is absolutely useless.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

I think Warhead said it first but for a ballhawk, he sure stinks at playing the ball in the air 

Yep. He doesnt look like he has ball skills at all. He looks awkward and clumsy and hes always stumbling. Even the one pick he has this year he tripped and almost fumbled it away. 

He is legitimately the worst CB in the league or is in that tier at least.

• Sad 2

Really would not mind most times as drafting a corner is the hardest position after QB to draft so a draft miss is very possible most times. What really bugs me is we took Forbes and passed on a stud like Gonzales who most regarded as a much better pick. RR should be fired just on his drafting record alone, never mind the poor coaching job he has done the last few years. I mean RR should adopt the George Costanza policy on making decisions. If he thinks pass then run. If he thinks kick a FG then go for it. Look at this draft class. Has any team done worse?

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, Rogue Jedi said:

We finally draft a CB in the first round since 2005, and completely whiff.

Even worse, in a strong DB class where you couldn’t have gone wrong with almost any other pick (including the obvious Gonzolez pick). 

• Like 4

This team needs more than a new FO and coaches...we truly need a major overhaul of our scouting department.  We seriously need better talent evaluators and a bigger scouting department in general.  Gotta count on the new GM bringing those guys in.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

AJ Brown having one of those monster seasons where now the officials are just being stupid about allowing him to push off.  One of his TD catches later in the game I believe it was Forbes in front of him and a safety over the top (safety kind of late to the play) and AJ Brown clearly uses both arms extended to push Forbes away to create space.  Official right there on the sideline just watching it too.

8 minutes ago, Redwards said:

This team needs more than a new FO and coaches...we truly need a major overhaul of our scouting department.  We seriously need better talent evaluators and a bigger scouting department in general.  Gotta count on the new GM bringing those guys in.  

I'm not sure if its the scouts fault. Forbes was a coaches pick. Just about every scout had Gonzalez rated higher and deservedly so. 

15 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

So why did we draft this guy? Serious question. What did the front office and coaching staff see in him? 

He got a bunch of interceptions in college and thought it was a skill that could translate, but turnovers are extremely volatile even in the NFL, let alone going from college to NFL where even more things will be different.

It was just stupidity by our coaches. That's why you don't let them be involved in personnel decisions to that effect.

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

Forbes and Quan picks have both really paid dividends so far.

I don't think Quan has been terrible. He just, hasn't really done anything.

Forbes is a massive negative though. Its at the point now where you'd rather play with 10 guys then have him out there. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NoCalMike said:

AJ Brown having one of those monster seasons where now the officials are just being stupid about allowing him to push off.  One of his TD catches later in the game I believe it was Forbes in front of him and a safety over the top (safety kind of late to the play) and AJ Brown clearly uses both arms extended to push Forbes away to create space.  Official right there on the sideline just watching it too.

Do you have a replay you’ve seen from a different angle? Clearly they’re hand fighting at the top of the route but AJB is already fully extending for the ball up in the air by the time the ball is within like 12 yards

25 minutes ago, abdcskins said:

So why did we draft this guy? Serious question. What did the front office and coaching staff see in him? 

They saw the INT numbers and saw what they wanted. 4 of his 6 pick sixes were completely right place right time 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Stihl89 said:

They saw the INT numbers and saw what they wanted. 4 of his 6 pick sixes were completely right place right time 

That and I think they were legitimately shocked Gonzalez was available at their pick and didn't take him because they did no research on him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2