Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Just now, Cool Hwhip said:

No pleasing some folk in here. Another solid pick imo, I've liked all of them tbh.

I'm so tired of seeing these kinds of posts. 

Lots of pleasing lots of people. To get that way because not everyone loved a sixth round RB is a strange take. 

I'm glad you've liked them all. I've liked most of the players picked, too.

• Like 3

Just now, Cool Hwhip said:

Fair enough friend but some on here and other outlets have been acting like this is the worst draft in the history of the franchise.

Ive noticed. This one just doesnt make sense to me. Many other players (including rb) that i think fit better.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AlvinWaltonIsMyBoy said:

Not my favorite draft. Was hoping to get Howell another weapon or two.

We’ll see how these guys play. Excited for the season.

Enjoyed the company in this thread. Y’all have a good weekend. 

I don't think he needs weapons as much as guys who allow him to get to those weapons.

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

He's redundant. We have 3 of those. Needed a 3rd down back, and Keaton Mitchell is right there.

Well he is apparently really really good at picking up the rush in pass pro. Maybe they project him as a third down back in that role?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I assume we’ve drafted a ‘nasty’ back as EB would say. Stepping up the physicality.

Just now, MartinC said:

Well he is apparently really really good at picking up the rush in pass pro. Maybe they project him as a third down back in that role?

He’s a physical blitz protector, so teams might envision a role for him as a second-half battering ram and third-down quarterback protector.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

$5 says you can find that in a UDFA. Unless they have a plan for something other than a blocker on 3rd down, this is a wiff.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I am in heaven… love this guy. Also, as a Chris Rodriguez… this was a dream. Hope he’s a stud and I can rock his jersey :) 

One of the only RBs I didn't dive into because of his power rush profile -- I thought they were going for a speed-shiftier back.

Just watched his highiights.  I'll get to his games.  Just rewatched his highlights -- bull dozer on some runs as far as breaking tackles.

I get the impression for RB they were deferring to Bieineimy on, so I gather this was his guy.

Imagine adding Willis or Lupeke at FB to the power rush?  

Edited by Skinsinparadise

Just now, seantaylor=god said:

He’s gotta be for ST and maybe short yardage/ FB right?

Right?

They'll use him on third down as a pass protector and a tough yardage back to keep some wear and tear off of Robinson.

If he makes the team. Which... he probably will. But I wouldn't say is a given. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

I assume the talk EB wanted a back that was a stud in pass protection was right...

He’s a physical blitz protector, so teams might envision a role for him as a second-half battering ram and third-down quarterback protector.

Yeah I think people have gotten hung up on EB thinking hes going to run a replica of andy rieds O. Im sure it will be similar, but with having a young QB and EB having a running background, I assume we are going to be a more running focused team