Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

45 minutes ago, kingdaddy said:

The ESPN guys said you "hope" to get 4 eventual starters out of a draft but need to get 3.....have we done that in this draft? Time will tell right?

You "hope" for that every draft. But realistically how often does that happen fir any team?

21 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Drafting should be (at least in part) about long term roster development. We just declined to pick up Chase Young’s 5th year option which has to raise a question about if he will be on the team next year. 

This is also a contract year for Sweat and given what we are paying Allen and Payne inside it’s hard to see us being able to pay both Sweat and Young - probably have to pick one of them we want to extend.

Depth is also a question.

So while I wouldn’t say DE is an immediate priority - I would say it’s a position of need. 

Disagree. It might be next year, but not really right now.

TE is a priority. LB is a priority. A real NFL OT is a priority. And we moved up to take a DE that is not a priority?

It to me just screams that we don't know what we're doing.

This FO has literally scraped by with the OL, and does not see the value in it. Look at what we've done with the DL, and then look at the OL.

4 1st round picks vs late round picks and cast offs. Our offense is never going to be good with this approach.

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

Is there a guy left, regardless of position, who can return punts?  Because that’s the guy I want next.

I respect Dax Milne for taking Zach Wilson’s girl and getting into a Twitter battle with the Jet’s equipment manager.  

But his time as a punt returner needs to come to an end. 

• Like 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Just saw one of my favorite mid-late rounders S. Dennis went this round.  I still like Pace though better

Kuntz

Pace

McBride

Evans

Mitchell

McIntosh

Trice -- I know a corner but he's one of my favs of that third tier group.

Parker Washington

7th round

Willis

Hull

Vaughn

D. Allen

Luepke

Just now, Dark Acre said:

I caught the, umm, dismay over our 1st pick, but my last few days have been very busy so I have not really followed the draft.  Among those who seem to have draft analysis acumen here, what is the general thinking?

Ron did better with Dan 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Is there a guy left, regardless of position, who can return punts?  Because that’s the guy I want next.

I respect Dax Milne for taking Zach Wilson’s girl and getting into a Twitter battle with the Jet’s equipment manager.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Malik Knowles?

I think he's the only guy I was watching for that role left.

Charlie Jones, Derius Davis and Jayden Reed are gone. 

7 minutes ago, Morneblade said:

Disagree. It might be next year, but not really right now.

TE is a priority. LB is a priority. A real NFL OT is a priority. And we moved up to take a DE that is not a priority?

It to me just screams that we don't know what we're doing.

This FO has literally scraped by with the OL, and does not see the value in it. Look at what we've done with the DL, and then look at the OL.

4 1st round picks vs late round picks and cast offs. Our offense is never going to be good with this approach.

The scariest thing is that our OL is going to have to face the Eagles DL. Remember when we had the best DL in the division?

3 minutes ago, Dark Acre said:

I caught the, umm, dismay over our 1st pick, but my last few days have been very busy so I have not really followed the draft.  Among those who seem to have draft analysis acumen here, what is the general thinking?

Well, this should be good….

3 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I’m sold.  Go get him. 

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mentioned him earlier when someone else asked, but I know Ronnie Bell (WR) returns punts, but I don't know how good he's supposed to be there.  I took him in the middle of the 7th round of our mock.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Anselmheifer said:

The scariest thing is that our OL is going to have to face the Eagles DL. Remember when we had the best DL in the division?

Remember when we beat there undefeated ass last year...?

Edited by lovemaskins

Just now, Skinsinparadise said:

Brayden Willis is a great get IMO but is he a TE or FB?

If they are fixated on leadership-intangibles -- Ron that's your guy.

I believe those tweeners are called the H-Back

JL Skinner is still on the board, Packers.  Are you at all interested in covering Safety, or are you considering Tarvarius Moore to be Safety position covered?

Okay, I guess we're just not gonna try at Safety.  It took me longer to cover that position in the Mock draft than I wanted, but the picks just didn't fall that way for me.  The Packers here have had every opportunity to cover this position and just aren't taking it.  I guess it's still possible someone falls to their late 6th round pick, but really don't seem to be interested.  Does J.L. Skinner actually suck?  Or do they still like some other lower-rated guys that are still available?

Just now, PokerPacker said:

Okay, I guess we're just not gonna try at Safety.  It took me longer to cover that position in the Mock draft than I wanted, but the picks just didn't fall that way for me.  The Packers here have had every opportunity to cover this position and just aren't taking it.  I guess it's still possible someone falls to their late 6th round pick, but really don't seem to be interested.  Does J.L. Skinner actually suck?  Or do they still like some other lower-rated guys that are still available?

Sorry.. what forum are we on again?

• Like 1