Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

6 minutes ago, NYSkins21 said:

Exactly… We all heard they like the TE room. Why shouldn’t we believe them?

I have no problem with them not taking a TE.  I'd be ok with them cutting LT for the cap savings too, and see what we have with a unit of Bates, Rodgers, turner, Hodges.

Edited by KillBill26
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Success will depend on how many guys actually become starters but that’s any draft.  For now it seems like a depth draft. Unremarkable final draft for Snyder’s final draft.  I’ll give us a C- for now.  All the people involved in this draft won’t be here next year.

• Thumb down 1
  • Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

To add to my point about Dan.

Dan made this team a crap hole.  Siberia of the NFL.  It's not a destination spot -- its the opposite.  Losing culture and sleazy culture.

And he's cheap as far as spending.

We are are to hit the UDFA and wonder why other teams are getting the bigger name premium left overs?

Not hard to figure that out.  These guys have options.  And then the kicker is other teams are willing to spend in all likelihood more money than this team to sway those players

I've argued the same with the Wizards, except for the sleaze angle. The team hasn't been relevant since freaking Jimmy Carter, and so the team's reputation is a big fat zero with FA's and none will ever come him that are sane and not 800 years old. To fix those kinds of problems you need to win, and replace the poison. For us, it's basically hit on transformative players in the NBA Lottery or in our case, not having to wait until Snyder dies to have any hope. I was resigned to that, and considering he was only 10 or so years older than me, that largely meant it was over. Now that he's gone, there's hope. As much as a bummer as this draft has been to me, everything is riding on the Howell eval, and this offseason for me was about fixing the issues that would hamper evaluating him properly, they haven't done that perfectly, but they have done a couple of important things that should make it possible if he stays healthy. Annoyed with the draft, but not so much that it changes anything long term. It's Howell or bust. 

• Like 1

I think we drafted three guys who are day one or year one starters. I think Forbes is CB1 if he is 205 (but he’s not).

I think Daniels has development potential and could become a starter. 

The rest? We’ll see. I’m 50/50 on the overall draft but I generally trust this staff to evaluate talent, just not maximize depth. So the other 3 guys will probably be okay.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, RWJ said:

Commanders 2023 NFL Draft Class

image.png.7338a4b08ff004993ca2a33ebfbd12e2.png

Yes, I do believe we have 5 eventual starters on this team from this draft.  They are in Rounds 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and possibly more.  I was harsh on the picks but in all fairness we have to see how they pan out.  

If we pulled five starters from this class it would be a ridiculously successful draft. Usually you get a couple and bench depth, sometimes a couple+1. Five would be absurd, especially for a middle of the road team rather than an absolute garbage pile of side where it's much easier to find roster spot/starting gig because the talent pool is so awful. 

• Thumb up 1

15 minutes ago, 88Comrade2000 said:

Success will depend on how many guys actually become starters but that’s any draft.  For now it seems like a depth draft. Unremarkable final draft for Snyder’s final draft.  I’ll give us a C- for now.  All the people involved in this draft won’t be here next year.

Really?  No chance Eric Bienemy becomes our next coach if Rivera is out?

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I think we drafted three guys who are day one or year one starters. I think Forbes is CB1 if he is 205 (but he’s not).

I think Daniels has development potential and could become a starter. 

The rest? We’ll see. I’m 50/50 on the overall draft but I generally trust this staff to evaluate talent, just not maximize depth. So the other 3 guys will probably be okay.

Forbes: starter, good starter, but get fatter please. :ols:.  Not my top choice at 16 but could ride with it.

Quan Martin:  my favorite pick even though it might be trashed the most of all the picks.  One of my favorite players in this dratt.  And I said it on the draft thread.

Stromberg -- Chase Roullier part 2.  Great pick.

Daniels -- I touted him on and off on the draft thread, didn't realize that I rated him as a third rounder until today when I looked at my guard rakings. i did my guard rankings long ago.  Feels like a 5th rounder.  But ok with him in the 4th. 

Henry -- I am ok with it.  Don't have an opinion yet on the player.  

Rodriguez -- I dove into a zillion RBs, Rodriguez was one of the only I ironically didn't dive into.  I'll trust Bieniemy.

Jones -- have no idea who it is. 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Forbes: starter, good starter, but get fatter please. :ols:.  Not my top choice at 16 but could ride with it.

Quan Martin:  my favorite pick even though it might be trashed the most of all the picks.  One of my favorite players in this dratt.  And I said it on the draft thread.

Stromberg -- Chase Roullier part 2.  Great pick.

Daniels -- I touted him on and off on the draft thread, didn't realize that I rated him as a third rounder until today when I looked at my guard rakings. i did my guard rankings long ago.  Feels like a 5th rounder.  But ok with him in the 4th. 

Henry -- I am ok with it.  Don't have an opinion yet on the player.  

Rodriguez -- I dove into a zillion RBs, Rodriguez was one of the only I ironically didn't dive into.  I'll trust Bieniemy.

Jones -- have no idea who it is. 

Only minor quibbles. Otherwise I agree.

• Like 1

USFA for me is big but alas I doubt many of those guys want to sign here and I strongly suspect Dan has Ron on a tight budget.  But I'd love to be surprised.

LB

Ivan Pace

Jeremy Banks

Soelle

Edge

Andre Carter

Isaiah Land

Lonnie Phelps

RB 

Keaton Mitchell

Sean Tucker

Travis Dye

Ronnie Brown

OG

Emil Ekiyor

C

Alex Forsyth

WR

Bryce Ford--Wheaton

TE

Noah Gindoff

Blake Whiteheart

FB

Hunter Luepke

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2

Just now, KillBill26 said:

Ok so let's start digging into the 2024 prospects.  Amateur scouts never rest.

I’ll actually start putting together my “to watch” lists in the next few weeks. I won’t start watching guys until the season/near the end. I watched early last year and things changed so much it proved not worth it.

May pull guys up and make small observations but nothing serious.

Just now, Chump Bailey said:

I like Andre Jones a lot. I hope he makes the team. 

I watched a few vids quick. I think I like him better than Henry. But again, trying to be fair, I think Henry may have been scheme limited.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KDawg said:

I’ll actually start putting together my “to watch” lists in the next few weeks. I won’t start watching guys until the season/near the end. I watched early last year and things changed so much it proved not worth it.

May pull guys up and make small observations but nothing serious.

I admire the hustle.  I spend a fraction of the time you do on this, and I'm looking forward to not thinking about the draft for awhile.