Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2023 NFL Draft Watch and Post Thread - The Hangover Special

KDawg

Just now, Warhead36 said:

Bills get TE1 of the draft in Kincaid.

Wonder if Cowboys get a streak going and take Mayer.

Mayer to Dallas.

Thanks. I hate it.

I think he’s the best TE in the draft and basically modern Jason Witten

• Sad 2

Just now, tmandoug1 said:

You don't think Forbes was a reach? Really?

He was going to go in the 16-24 range.  Too much smoke on that leading up to the draft. With the lack of trade down opportunities, they decided on the 2nd biggest need area on the team in CB.  

41 minutes ago, Conn said:

Don’t understand the impulse to reach on a position that the draft is deep in. Seems like a talented player who need to work on his body in an NFL weight program. Is he the guy you’d expect for a HC who is do or die this season? Not at all, which makes me curious about the pick at least. But definitely feels like a reach. Much worse than Dotson last year. 

You can think they are poor at evaluating talent but it literally can’t be a reach because we picked him OVER other highly rated CBs. There wasn’t a great pick there, the board fell poorly. It’s not like we had a big hole at CB and bypassed ton of great players. I’m not taking a TE at 16. Who else was there but CB? And we took the CB we liked the best for our system.

I think a lot of people are going to be eating crow next year. I love the pick and was hoping we took him after listening to Fred Smoot. 

I encourage everyone worried about his size to see what weight he is at in camp. My guess is he’s up to 175 to 180, which is fine. He says he played at 173 during the season.

Take a look at his Spider chart, he has the long arms and big wingspan to carry more weight. He has skinny legs, but they don’t prevent him from jumping high, running fast.

And he can catch the football, and when he does he looks to score. 

The board didn’t work in our favor. We got a player we liked and a position we need.

• Like 1

Just now, Jumbo said:

Daniel Jeremiah just said "if this league let's dalton kincaid go to play with josh allen it deserves what it'll get"

So, Josh Allen with Kincaid is like Mahomes with Kelce. 

• Thumb up 1

3 minutes ago, seantaylor=god said:

You can think they are poor at evaluating talent but it literally can’t be a reach because we picked him OVER other highly rated CBs. There wasn’t a great pick there, the board fell poorly. It’s not like we had a big hole at CB and bypassed ton of great players. I’m not taking a TE at 16. Who else was there but CB? And we took the CB we liked the best for our system.

I think a lot of people are going to be eating crow next year. I love the pick and was hoping we took him after listening to Fred Smoot. 

I encourage everyone worried about his size to see what weight he is at in camp. My guess is he’s up to 175 to 180, which is fine. He says he played at 173 during the season.

Take a look at his Spider chart, he has the long arms and big wingspan to carry more weight. He has skinny legs, but they don’t prevent him from jumping high, running fast.

And he can catch the football, and when he does he looks to score. 

The board didn’t work in our favor. We got a player we liked and a position we need.

I agree with the sentiment. But I think there was plenty there. I had Branch higher rated, personally. Also Murphy, Smith and I had Campbell higher. Had a bunch of O guys higher, too. 

But the sentiment RE: the pick I agree with. Gotta see if he can tack on size.