Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

2 hours ago, Simmsy said:

Thats weird, I heard he was more hands on when it came to the media, but that might've just been when compared to Snyder...who never interacted with the peon fans.

Nah, listen to Timmy Goodtimes on Keim's podcast. Not much from Harris with the media to date.

https://overcast.fm/+RBUUHP8mo

That's mostly good, and maybe he'll come out of his shell being in DC, but I'm worried that's also his weakness. There's been some complaint that he's overly into analytics and devalues team chemistry. That's a bigger deal in the NFL than NBA, but (see exhibits Hardin, Simmons, Harris, etc or counterexample Miami Heat) even in the NBA chemistry is king.

If there's one thing Rivera has done, it's get good, smart, high-character guys on his team. The chemistry seems (imo) to be pretty good. I haven't felt that to this degree since Gibbs, but that's mostly made up, since you can't get much feel sitting on your couch watching games and listening to podcasts.

Anyhow, looking forward to catching games reasonably guilt free now.

1 hour ago, SkinsFanRob said:

Awesome sentiment buying the fans a beer but how do you think that was regulated? 😂

there was hundreds of people. Something tells me the bill is going to be larger than Harris anticipated lol. 

No doubt. His bill yesterday probably went from 6.05 billion to 6.050005 billion.

• Haha 5

Hilarious that people look at that attendance chart and don't wonder about that plummet from #5 to #27 from 2017 to 2018 and ask "why?"

And no, it wasn't because we let Kirk walk.

It was because we were more honest about what the numbers actually were due to Lafemina brought in. Of course, Snyder didn't want to hear it, and Lafemina was gone after a season.

Good riddance Dan.

• Like 5

Odd: none of the podcasts I expected to drop late last night or this morning dropped, or I didn’t see them.  I expected at least short “it’s done reaction” pods from JP (Beltway football talk), Keim, possibly Standig, and none dropped.

Galdi had his normal Friday pod which I haven’t listened to but I assume will be a reaction pod.  But that’s the only one.  

I suppose they’ll drop today after whatever pressers etc. take place today.  

But I really thought they would do 2….

43 minutes ago, worstSeat said:

Nah, listen to Timmy Goodtimes on Keim's podcast. Not much from Harris with the media to date.

https://overcast.fm/+RBUUHP8mo

That's mostly good, and maybe he'll come out of his shell being in DC, but I'm worried that's also his weakness. There's been some complaint that he's overly into analytics and devalues team chemistry. That's a bigger deal in the NFL than NBA, but (see exhibits Hardin, Simmons, Harris, etc or counterexample Miami Heat) even in the NBA chemistry is king.

If there's one thing Rivera has done, it's get good, smart, high-character guys on his team. The chemistry seems (imo) to be pretty good. I haven't felt that to this degree since Gibbs, but that's mostly made up, since you can't get much feel sitting on your couch watching games and listening to podcasts.

Anyhow, looking forward to catching games reasonably guilt free now.

I get the thought -- anayltics is number driven and not people driven.  But the teams that uses anayltics heavily see the Eagles-Ravens tend to be good teams.  The Browns being the exception.  I gather he's likely to hire a GM who values anayltics as a tool ala the Ravens, Eagles, etc.  And that IMO will be a good thing.  In the NFL, I can't think of a GM who is so heavy into anayltics that they don't value team chemistry but will see.

I think Ron's days are numbered but he should last through the season.  When I was watching Harris yesterday it ran through my mind that the dude really appears to get it with this fan base -- and i don't always think Ron gets it on that front.  But I liked Ron as a dude to counter balance Dan so I am grateful for his 3-4 years year.  But I'd like him gone in 2024 unless they have a surprise playoff season. 

20 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

Odd: none of the podcasts I expected to drop late last night or this morning dropped, or I didn’t see them.  I expected at least short “it’s done reaction” pods from JP (Beltway football talk), Keim, possibly Standig, and none dropped.

Galdi had his normal Friday pod which I haven’t listened to but I assume will be a reaction pod.  But that’s the only one.  

I suppose they’ll drop today after whatever pressers etc. take place today.  

But I really thought they would do 2….

I've been catching up with the radio segments yesterday since I couldn't listen to both stations at the same time.  My highlight is Grant and Danny's show when Harris called it and talked a little, and volunteered to buy the beers.  Cool segment.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, hail2skins said:

Hilarious that people look at that attendance chart and don't wonder about that plummet from #5 to #27 from 2017 to 2018 and ask "why?"

And no, it wasn't because we let Kirk walk.

It was because we were more honest about what the numbers actually were due to Lafemina brought in. Of course, Snyder didn't want to hear it, and Lafemina was gone after a season.

Good riddance Dan.

I've listened to Finlay talk about the subject and posted his thoughts at the time.  Finlay was no Kirk guy to say the least. 

His point on this was he easily noticed the drop off in attendance via his naked eye in 2018.    I don't think the point is about Kirk.  But for Jay's faults, he had a good offense brewing for some years with some real weapons.  Breaking up that band made the team more boring.    Then going deeper in that run, they lost a lot of games.  And as far as offense goes, their QBR was dead last in the league after that era.    In 2016, the offense was ranked 3rd.  That now seems like a pipe dream. 

Small sample granted.  But lol, I could keep my younger daughter interested with Jordan Reed, Desean Jackson, etc.  We ran into Desean once at the team hotel and she was thrilled.  But when that turned to dudes like Brian Quick and the team started to lose more, I lost her interest in the team.  I could keep my son into though but it took some work. 

But yeah Finlay said it was palpable from his years in covering the team in 2018.  I've gone to games every year for 25 years give or take.  I didn't though think about the chronology so much in real time.  But I did notice the atrophy year after year. 

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I remember reading that Snyder was obsessed with the $6B number, which was part of the reason that the Rockets owner pulled out. The $60M fine (bringing his net sale down to $5.99B) is karmic justice.

Edited by balki1867
  • Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Maybe somebody who was at the Bullpen or Old Ox Brewery can confirm this...

I was told that when the sale became official, Josh Harris arranged for a round of beers for everybody at those two events, on him.

If true, that is a cool gesture and one hell of a good omen for how he is going to prioritize the fans of the team.

Edited by Dan T.
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Maybe somebody who was at the Bullpen or Old Ox Brewery can confirm this...

I was told that when the sale became official, Josh Harris arranged for a round of beers for everybody at those two events, on him.

If true, that is a cool gesture and one hell of a good omen for how he is going to prioritize the fans of the team.

I wasn't there but in indeed happened, its been talked about here.  You can hear Harris call into the Grant-Danny show volunteering to do it on their show.  I listened to it in the 106.7 archives this morning it was a cool listen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 5