Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Just now, SoCalSkins said:

I am actually glad it's not Bezos now. Harris, Rales and Magic are all top notch. I'm pumped.

100% with you, they all seem like great PEOPLE (Not saying Bezos isn't a good dude, but I'm happy with the final outcome)

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Drfustercluck said:

McClaurin and Allen look starstruck. 😁

I'd like a list of everybody who was there from the glory days.  Can't see who's sitting next to Doug Williams, but it is alumni (you can tell because it's the shirt they gave out to the Alumni.)

Interesting person I have not seen yet: Joe Theisman. He was the most visible alumni while Snyder owned the team. I wonder if there is something to his absence or not... Or he's there and we haven't seen him yet.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

I'd like a list of everybody who was there from the glory days.  Can't see who's sitting next to Doug Williams, but it is alumni (you can tell because it's the shirt they gave out to the Alumni.)

Interesting person I have not seen yet: Joe Theisman. He was the most visible alumni while Snyder owned the team. I wonder if there is something to his absence or not... Or he's there and we haven't seen him yet.  

Joe was on with the Junkies this AM and said he's happy with the change. No idea if he was at the event or not though. 

Just now, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Wish someone would ask Gibbs what he really thought about Snyder. Gibbs is too nice to say anything bad but it was sad to see him defending Snyder from Day One.

Even more so when he took him out of retirement just to be his promo tool.

6 minutes ago, Voice_of_Reason said:

His blow dryer was on the fritz.

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, FrFan said:

Even more so when he took him out of retirement just to be his promo tool.

I mean, the guy did coach for 4 years and had 2 playoff appearances and one playoff win, so it wasn't JUST to be a promo tool.  

Gibbs can win at anything.  I swear, if he had not retired (again) they would have continued to have success.

But they went from possibly the best coach in American sports history (combine NFL with NASCAR, he's in 2 HOFs. Who else is?  The answer is nobody) to Jim Zorn.

THAT is the Snyder effect.  

• Like 1

Just now, Voice_of_Reason said:

I mean, the guy did coach for 4 years and had 2 playoff appearances and one playoff win, so it wasn't JUST to be a promo tool.  

Gibbs can win at anything.  I swear, if he had not retired (again) they would have continued to have success.

But they went from possibly the best coach in American sports history (combine NFL with NASCAR, he's in 2 HOFs. Who else is?  The answer is nobody) to Jim Zorn.

THAT is the Snyder effect.  

In fairness to Zorn, he was only expecting to interview for the OC position.

14 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Terry is 6 feet tall.  

Magic is 6 foot 9. 

And yeah, you can tell.... 

Chuckle.

1 minute ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

In fairness to Zorn, he was only expecting to interview for the OC position.

And Snyder couldn't find anybody to be the Head Coach.

Again, the Snyder effect.  

So bad in so many ways.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

He found Fassel, who wanted the job and reportedly was pissed when it seemed Snyder pulled back on giving it to him.

I believe he pulled back because Cerrato heard on the radio about the choice of Fassel being absolutely trashed by the fanbase...as well it should have been, but Fassel would have been better than Zorn.