Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

Jay is as a running guest on 106.7, he's at the party.  He's eviscerating Dan.

Goes on about how he interfered without doing any work on what he interfered with.   Dan always needed a scapegoat to shift blame. 

19 minutes ago, actorguy1 said:

Edited by Skinsinparadise

6 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

Today is the ultimate "Winning off the field."

This reminds me of the fan takeover in Canton when Green and Monk got inducted to the HOF.  I remember reading that the organizers had never seen anything like it for an HOF induction. I’ve lived in the midwest since college but my parents drove from DC to Canton and said every rest stop on the way was full of people wearing burgundy and gold.

• Like 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Best case scenario as per the MJW report from the football side is the NFL slaps us w/ a joke of a fine so they can say they did something. Kinda how they deal with most of their business.

That's the route I'm hoping gets taken.

A "reasonable" corporate punishment on this team for all the stuff Snyder has done would be gargantuan. That would suck tremendously.

• Like 1

I mentioned this interview previously.  Jay doubling down on these points and more on air today.

He among other things said Dan was socially very awkward around people, including even around him. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jay-gruden-dan-snyder-watched-no-film-but-dictated-who-washington-signed-and-drafted

Jay Gruden, who was Washington’s head coach from 2014 to 2019, says that Snyder wouldn’t put in the work necessary to learn how good a player was, but would insist on making decisions in the draft and free agency.

“He wasn’t experienced enough in the business to make those decisions.” Gruden said on Kevin Sheehan’s podcast, via USA Today. “He didn’t put in the work. For him to pick a player in the draft is asinine. He didn’t put the work in. He didn’t watch the players. He didn’t go to the meetings. He didn’t go to the scouts’ meetings.”

Gruden said he doesn’t necessarily object to an owner making those calls, he just wants the owner to know what he’s doing. Before coaching Washington, Gruden spent three seasons as Cincinnati’s offensive coordinator, and he credited Bengals owner Mike Brown for participating in scouting and film study before making any decisions.

“Mike Brown, when I was with the Cincinnati Bengals, sat in meetings, watched the film, put in the work,” Gruden said. “When he made a decision, it was based upon what he saw, what he took in from the coaches and from the scouts. So I respected that. I don’t respect the guy that doesn’t watch the film and comes in, makes the pick, and tells you who he is signing in free agency. It makes no sense when we and the scouts are doing all of the film work, and all of a sudden, he comes in and makes the pick. So, I think it is going to be a very beneficial move for all of the fans and for the organization moving forward.”

Few would disagree with that last part: Snyder’s departure should be a good thing for the Commanders.

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, RandyHolt said:

4th Quarter down a score vs Dallas a minute left. Its first and goal at the 1 inch line. Heavy Jumbo with Riggo and the hogs.

We got this.

Seahawks were in same exact spot in the Super Bowl.

Sherman’s face expressions… priceless

image.gif.af308f9a94226991dd3687a0db866656.gif

Malcolm-butler GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Edited by petey hodge
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I mentioned this interview previously.  Jay doubling down on these points and more on air today.

He among other things said Dan was socially very awkward around people, including even around him. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/jay-gruden-dan-snyder-watched-no-film-but-dictated-who-washington-signed-and-drafted

Jay Gruden, who was Washington’s head coach from 2014 to 2019, says that Snyder wouldn’t put in the work necessary to learn how good a player was, but would insist on making decisions in the draft and free agency.

“He wasn’t experienced enough in the business to make those decisions.” Gruden said on Kevin Sheehan’s podcast, via USA Today. “He didn’t put in the work. For him to pick a player in the draft is asinine. He didn’t put the work in. He didn’t watch the players. He didn’t go to the meetings. He didn’t go to the scouts’ meetings.”

Gruden said he doesn’t necessarily object to an owner making those calls, he just wants the owner to know what he’s doing. Before coaching Washington, Gruden spent three seasons as Cincinnati’s offensive coordinator, and he credited Bengals owner Mike Brown for participating in scouting and film study before making any decisions.

“Mike Brown, when I was with the Cincinnati Bengals, sat in meetings, watched the film, put in the work,” Gruden said. “When he made a decision, it was based upon what he saw, what he took in from the coaches and from the scouts. So I respected that. I don’t respect the guy that doesn’t watch the film and comes in, makes the pick, and tells you who he is signing in free agency. It makes no sense when we and the scouts are doing all of the film work, and all of a sudden, he comes in and makes the pick. So, I think it is going to be a very beneficial move for all of the fans and for the organization moving forward.”

Few would disagree with that last part: Snyder’s departure should be a good thing for the Commanders.

I think the main problem with Snyder wasn't that he was socially awkward, it was that he was a First Class Son of a B!tch on top of it. People can deal with those that are socially awkward, but not if they're complete tools at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1