Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

5 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

If a principal owner sells Ashburn to a minority owner... is any debt truly created? Its like owing money to yourself...

They may currently have say 1.4B in debt against the 6B purchase, but are claiming 300mil of future revenue against that 1.4B debt resulting from the pending asset sale of the facility. So they claim the net debt will only be 1.1B soon after the sale. 

Or as part of their plan to reduce the debt, as they are required to do so post sale, they are building in the facility sell off.

If sure sounds very unconventional, which I’m kind of fine with as it’s clearly being given a great deal of thought. Slight hesitation being I hope the future investment strategy isn’t quite as convoluted...

On thing is for the sure, the league will have new rules in before the end of 2023. The strict rules they have in place are clearly a major issue now as a result of escalating franchise values.

12 minutes ago, justice98 said:

So doesn't this call BS on Jason Wright's explanation on why they didnt pick the other names?  

The one marketing dude said they didn't choose an animal because they couldn't market it as much or some BS. 

With a $6b deal ($1.5b over the next largest), it makes sense you'd need some big $$ partners. Just seems like 17+ including many international players seems like overkill. Can Harris or Rales not pony up another $1b in cash at this stage and knock out like 12 partners at the back-end? I know these guys don't have billions sitting around in the bank, but seems to me there should be a bit more $$ in the mix at the top here. Are they saving $$ for post-sale expenditures?

I don't doubt that it will go through, but I wish it were more clean-cut.

45 minutes ago, srtman04 said:

Does this mean we absolutely have no choice but to change the name again?   

I would suggest anyone to be cautious (not picking you specificly) and take this discussion to the other thread that is more dedicated to any further improbable name change ever.

In case you missed it, the title of this thread is very clear about it. 

Even if the tweet posted belong here somehow as it reflects poorly on Dan, it would probably be more appropriated here:

38 minutes ago, RVAskins said:

This is too funny and par for the course when it comes to anything Dan Snyder touches. My guess is that they will appeal it and win on appeal.

I would believe that would be new owner's call.

Anyway I doubt this comes from nowhere for Commanders' brass. If nobody had any clue about this coming up, well, that speaks poorly of them and their skills at doing their jobs professionnally. So Harris, Rales probably was aware of this coming.

The next move will be interesting to watch on this subject.

Dan can't go soon enough.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, srtman04 said:

Does this mean we absolutely have no choice but to change the name again?   

If I was you, I'd edit this to "wrong thread" and move it to the "We Are Now..." thread. Mod Justice is swift and righteous. 

Edited by Riggo#44
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, NoVaSkins21 said:

Curl is holding out of OTA's and I heard somewhere that ownership situation is the reason why they waiting on getting a new deal done

To expand, he’s present and doing individual drills. He’s not doing team drills as he advocates for a new contract. Yeah he’ll probably have to wait till Harris is official for that (assuming Rivera plans to re-sign him)

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Conn said:

To expand, he’s present and doing individual drills. He’s not doing team drills as he advocates for a new contract. Yeah he’ll probably have to wait till Harris is official for that (assuming Rivera plans to re-sign him)

I can respect that and have no issue w/ that.

He's here, but he is also sending a message. End of the day he wants to get bag like everybody else, but he is still putting in the facetime that is mandatory of the teams better players.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

I can respect that and have no issue w/ that.

He's here, but he is also sending a message. End of the day he wants to get bag like everybody else, but he is still putting in the facetime that is mandatory of the teams better players.

Right? Like, show up. That's it, show up. I don't care if you're wearing a shirt with a picture of Marshawn Lynch saying, "I'm just here so I don't get fined."  SHOW UP.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Conn said:

That's a fine position to have if Harris is approved prior to Training Camp.

If Harris isn't officially the new owner before then, it'll be harder to keep this stance. I don't expect anybody to hold out until October or November before playing again if that ever take this long for whatever reason...

The offensive revamp — along with top draft picks on defense and the hope that one day soon-ish the NFL will ratify the sale of the franchise — has brought hope that this can be the breakout season Rivera wanted in 2022. Running back Antonio Gibson described “a new energy” in the facility. Defensive tackle Jonathan Allen said he felt it too, and he acknowledged it’s largely due to the potential ownership change.

“I know a lot of fans were unhappy with how things were run, so just to see the energy from the fans, it's exciting, man,” he said. “This is a great city, and once we get things going and rolling this season, it's going to be on fire.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/05/24/sam-howell-eric-bieniemy-commanders/

• Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

With a $6b deal ($1.5b over the next largest), it makes sense you'd need some big $$ partners. Just seems like 17+ including many international players seems like overkill. Can Harris or Rales not pony up another $1b in cash at this stage and knock out like 12 partners at the back-end? I know these guys don't have billions sitting around in the bank, but seems to me there should be a bit more $$ in the mix at the top here. Are they saving $$ for post-sale expenditures?

I don't doubt that it will go through, but I wish it were more clean-cut.

The best analogy that hits me is lets say I bought a house for $500,000 that's a fixer up that will require me to put in another $300,000.  I'd want to have my down payment to be as small as it could be so I can put in the other $300,000 quickly.  That's how this feels to me.

The issues remaining digesting a long article from the Athletic on it seem to be basically 2 things.

A.  International minority owners take more time to vet.  And in this deal you have multiple international minority owners who are going in with their family where its not just one person.  Hence you don't have to just research that one buyer but the whole family involved.

B.  Harris is complying with the debt rules for the NFL but they don't love that he's adding some debt on other fronts even if its allowed. 

Keim keeps reminding that for the Carolina and Denver sale it took about 2 months for approval from this stage so this seems to be on course for something similar versus it being slower.

The mantra that everyone has had covering this story is its going down, its all good.

• Like 1

How is Jim Irsay on the finance committee?

He inherited the team he owns.

His financial expertise boils down to stuffing thirty grand in a suitcase to pay for pain meds. Yes, this happened. 

Josh Harris could buy and sell him several times over and this dry drunk can't stay away from a microphone and spout nonsense.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, spjunkies said:

AJ, my guy. Stop wasting time covering Mr. Davis on his adventure. 

Please and thank you!

Aww ... I sorta like it - an interesting diversion

It's like being on a slooow moving train, looking out the window and seeing a clown getting pelted with pies.

:229:The Rook

Edited by The Rook
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

The offensive revamp — along with top draft picks on defense and the hope that one day soon-ish the NFL will ratify the sale of the franchise — has brought hope that this can be the breakout season Rivera wanted in 2022. Running back Antonio Gibson described “a new energy” in the facility. Defensive tackle Jonathan Allen said he felt it too, and he acknowledged it’s largely due to the potential ownership change.

“I know a lot of fans were unhappy with how things were run, so just to see the energy from the fans, it's exciting, man,” he said. “This is a great city, and once we get things going and rolling this season, it's going to be on fire.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2023/05/24/sam-howell-eric-bieniemy-commanders/

Between the sale, new OC, new young gunslinger and a new ballhawk on defense the vibes are gonna be hot.....how can anyone not be excited?

• Like 3