Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

4 hours ago, lovemaskins said:

So essentially Dan wants a bonus check if the new guys are competent at making money because surely he was gonna do it but decided to sell.  

Shaking Head Reaction GIF by GIPHY News

Basically,  Harris group bid 5.8 billion. Dan said "I will only sell if the bid is over $6 Billion". Harris says " My bid is $5.8 billion". Dan replies "Fine, I'll give you a $200 million loan. You only have to pay it all back if the team earns a specific amount over the next few years. It's a win-win. You get the team for 5.8 and I get to pretend I got a bid for over $6 billion. I'm a stable genius!!!" (That last part was artistic interpretation)

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, RVAskins said:

With a new stadium not coming for 8 years, I totally understand why the Harris group is spending so much to fix FedEx. I know some people are disappointed that it will take so long but I feel Harris will do this the right way and not rush anything. FedEx was rushed and we see where that got us.

Why the rush. Make the improvements short term at JunkEx. The next stadium will 

be home for 25-30 years at least. So take your time to do it right this time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

Seems to me three years from groundbreaking to opening for a new stadium is standard.

What I don't know is a realistic timeframe for doing all the preliminary work, like procuring the land, design, etc.

Can Harris get all the preliminary stuff done in a year to make a 2027 opening possible? Who knows.

But I'm curious to know what improvements they have in mind at FedEx. New scoreboards and ribbon boards aren't going to do it for me. Unfortunately, even though I think FedEx is a serviceable place to take in a game, I only think we're only get a first class game day experience with the new stadium.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RabidFan said:

(I graduated in) 1988. I'm a geezer

You still just a spring chicken. You got plenty years of good livin' and lovin' left in you.

Suck the marrow out of life while you can.

Things'll dry up (in more ways than one) soon enough. 

Edited by CommanderInTheRye
  • Like 6

18 hours ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim talked about this some.  It's not that the new regime is slow playing this -- they want this ASAP.  But the previous regime's take was too optimistic.  If the previous regime made any progress especially securing the land, we'd have a shot.  But there is a long way to go. 

It's amazing that Bruce was supposedly the stadium guy, some would say back then that's why he had job security.    Accomplished nada.

In his memo, Harris said 2031 but perhaps before.  But clearly they are going to go as hard as they can and as fast as they can at this.

https://www.commanders.com/news/redskins-hire-world-renowned-firm-big-for-new-stadium-16924348#:~:text=The Redskins hired world-renowned,of a new stadium concept.

Redskins Hire World-Renowned Firm BIG For New Stadium

Mar 11, 2016 at 08:56 AM

Oh, I know.  I'm aware this is not because the Harris group doesn't want one ASAP.  I know they do.  And I know they are basically starting from scratch.  But seeing another decade tacked on to all the waiting in vain we've had to do...it's just gut wrenching to me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, actorguy1 said:

I’m sure they could have still voted yes/no in principle with the caveat ‘pending financial assurance’ or whatever. 

It’s cleared being stalled whilst the dirty laundry is being dealt with.

• Like 1

On 5/17/2023 at 2:39 PM, Warhead36 said:

There will certainly be a dome so the stadium can be multi functional and be used for events 365 days a year.

Will probably host a Super Bowl sometime in the 2030s.

I agree. And another full size stadium would help with a DC Olympics bid in the future as well IMO.

1 hour ago, Est.1974 said:

I’m sure they could have still voted yes/no in principle with the caveat ‘pending financial assurance’ or whatever. 

It’s cleared being stalled whilst the dirty laundry is being dealt with.

The process has been delved into and demystified a lot by various reporters, what you propose would never happen. It’s not how they ever operate. They will go through every tiny detail of the proposal and purchasing group and only move forward once they’ve done that. Then it’ll go to a vote. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Conn said:

The process has been delved into and demystified a lot by various reporters, what you propose would never happen. It’s not how they ever operate. They will go through every tiny detail of the proposal and purchasing group and only move forward once they’ve done that. Then it’ll go to a vote. 

Shouldn’t take a professional organisation like the NFL  too long to vet 15 or so minority partners.

Oh wait, I see my error...

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Shouldn’t take a professional organisation like the NFL  too long to vet 15 or so minority partners.

Oh wait, I see my error...

It’s not really that long at all, you just have unrealistic expectations. We’re talking about a multi-billion dollar transaction happening between dozens of billionaires.  There’s nothing simple about it and not doing strict, deep due diligence is not a precedent you can set just on the honor system lol. It’s super serious business and there’s nothing unusual about it taking a couple months. That’s still really fast as far as large corporate transactions go! 

Sheehan made a good point on this today which is the NFL owners don't traditionally like to come off that they easily approve new owners.   To join their exclusive club -- its special.  And traditionally they don't love any new ownership group to come off presumptous as if its a slam dunk exercise.

So in short, this dance comes off part of the turf.

And as @Conn suggested we are just made privvy to how the sausage is made -- blow by blow by blow so it feels more agonizing. 

But in most of the stories about the hurdles, there are also segments that say everything is fine.  But I gather the story is more fun for the media with the drama.  

AJ Perez seems to think there are no issues.  Keim said that the Harris group told him the NFL has voiced to them zero concerns about this bid.

So for me i am not worried about any of this.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, ntotoro said:

$6B is going to have several partners. I imagine the next team on the market will have even more... I mean, unless it's Seattle and Bezos has Alexa buy them or does it with an Amazon gift card.

Alexa, buy the Seattle Seahawks and fire Pete Carroll.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, hail2skins said:

Seems to me three years from groundbreaking to opening for a new stadium is standard.

What I don't know is a realistic timeframe for doing all the preliminary work, like procuring the land, design, etc.

Can Harris get all the preliminary stuff done in a year to make a 2027 opening possible? Who knows.

But I'm curious to know what improvements they have in mind at FedEx. New scoreboards and ribbon boards aren't going to do it for me. Unfortunately, even though I think FedEx is a serviceable place to take in a game, I only think we're only get a first class game day experience with the new stadium.

As an Engineer that works for a company that both designs and does construction management on projects like this.  Design could take from 1 to 2 yrs at a minimum this includes review periods for the client (harris) to review and make changes to features he wants dislikes etc.

construction can take 3-4 depending on the scope

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Conn said:

It’s not really that long at all, you just have unrealistic expectations. We’re talking about a multi-billion dollar transaction happening between dozens of billionaires.  There’s nothing simple about it and not doing strict, deep due diligence is not a precedent you can set just on the honor system lol. It’s super serious business and there’s nothing unusual about it taking a couple months. That’s still really fast as far as large corporate transactions go! 

No I don’t think I have unrealistic expectations, my point was I believe the league are stalling a little whilst it buries Dan’s dirty baggage. Maybe not. Either way, I’m fairly chilled with the timeline.

Edited by Est.1974

10 hours ago, boston skins fan said:

As an Engineer that works for a company that both designs and does construction management on projects like this.  Design could take from 1 to 2 yrs at a minimum this includes review periods for the client (harris) to review and make changes to features he wants dislikes etc.

construction can take 3-4 depending on the scope

I was listening yesterday to one of the writers of a story on the issue, the one who said 2031 was optimistic -- he recanted that and said 2031 is likely too conservative but he said all depends on how fast they can secure the land.  If they can secure the land quickly, the rest should come relatively fast.  But if the first leg of this takes time, the rest of it will take time too.  I forgot his full explanation but it was something relating to that if they can zone and clean up the land quickly that more than anything could speed the process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Skinsinparadise said:

I was listening yesterday to one of the writers of a story on the issue, the one who said 2031 was optimistic -- he recanted that and said 2031 is likely too conservative but he said all depends on how fast they can secure the land.  If they can secure the land quickly, the rest should come relatively fast.  But if the first leg of this takes time, the rest of it will take time too.  I forgot his full explanation but it was something relating to that if they can zone and clean up the land quickly that more than anything could speed the process.

Depending on the site infrastructure development, especially transport, might be what dictates the timeline as much as the actual stadium construction. Of course that will be a big factor that plays into choosing the site in the first place.

• Like 1