Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

1 hour ago, Rocky21 said:

Holy **** the producer of The Sports Junkies really got played.  Not as bad as Darren Hayes but played none the less.  🤣

I thought they did a really good job not catering to his crazy and really asking questions that poked giant holes in his story. I was rather impressed with EB who was definitely not buying his bull****. And EB is the dumbest one on that show.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, mistertim said:

Yeah from everything I read Dan really sounds like an absolutely horrible boss.

Anyone who insists on being called "Mr." is a huge red flag for me and I won't work for someone like that because it almost always means they're 100% grade A douchebags. And the not looking him in the eyes thing is just next level bat**** insane. The amount of narcissistic insecurity there is mind blowing.

It's borderline impressive to find someone who's not only such a complete asshole but also so utterly incompetent at the same time. There are plenty of smart assholes and really nice idiots, but finding them both in such abundance within one organism is eye-popping.

but your name is literally Mister Tim?  HAHA

Edit: I see someone already made this connection.  lol

Edited by Lovi
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Riggo#44 said:

I thought they did a really good job not catering to his crazy and really asking questions that poked giant holes in his story. I was rather impressed with EB who was definitely not buying his bull****. And EB is the dumbest one on that show.

I don't know... back when I used to listen to them at nights, Lurch could be a perpetual bad-take machine.

15 hours ago, formerly4skins said:

For those who, like me, are waiting with bated breath for new ownership to ****-can Jason Wright for being an incompetent stooge...

Here's our guy, once again, embarrassing himself by speaking utter falsehoods and nonsense to the media.

This guy is a fool.  JW spewing the same crap that Bruce Allen did.  "It means we're close".  Umm...no, it doesn't.  Not when you can't advance.  It means your team is built of "solid" players, assembled be a slightly below or merely average FO and coached by a man who has only has 3 winning seasons in 12.  None of that translates to championships. 

And it would help if Jason Wright could actually have knowledge of the team he's dogging; you know, like what their actual record was last year.  Jason, your team finished with a worse record than Detroit.  With a much more experienced coach, who was in Year 3 with his QB of choice.  

But none of this should come as surprise, seeing as it comes from a man who had bungled event after event (and then disappeared for long stretches in the aftermath) and couldn't even get our championship years correct on a patch that would appear on our uniforms.

I, too want to like JW.  As a person, sure.  As a person of prominence in our organization?  Hell no.  This guy has got to go.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

33 minutes ago, Redwards said:

This guy is a fool.  JW spewing the same crap that Bruce Allen did.  "It means we're close".  Umm...no, it doesn't.  Not when you can't advance.  It means your team is built of "solid" players, assembled be a slightly below or merely average FO and coached by a man who has only has 3 winning seasons in 12.  None of that translates to championships. 

And it would help if Jason Wright could actually have knowledge of the team he's dogging; you know, like what their actual record was last year.  Jason, your team finished with a worse record than Detroit.  With a much more experienced coach, who was in Year 3 with his QB of choice.  

But none of this should come as surprise, seeing as it comes from a man who had bungled event after event (and then disappeared for long stretches in the aftermath) and couldn't even get our championship years correct on a patch that would appear on our uniforms.

I, too want to like JW.  As a person, sure.  As a person of prominence in our organization?  Hell no.  This guy has got to go.

I never cared one way or the other about liking him, but thought he deserved the benefit of the doubt for having to work under Snyder. But that’s long gone, he has demonstrated his own incompetence over and over again. Nobody should be surprised, given who hired him. 

• Like 4

47 minutes ago, Redwards said:

Good grief, it's almost like Wright is trying to get fired with his repeated gaffes that show his ignorance about the actual team that employs him.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Good grief, it's almost like Wright is trying to get fired with his repeated gaffes that show his ignorance about the actual team that employs him.

Wright should follow this advice.

il_570xN.2022017519_gnxf.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

Just weird to even send strays at the Lions if you’re Wright, and that’s two-fold—for one, they are another franchise trying to come out of a long stretch of darkness via culture change, so it’s just a bad look. For two, if Washington is on the brink of all you say it is (a return to glory under new leadership, let’s say) then a franchise like the Lions is a lower tier organization beneath our notice and **** talk, because in this comparison we’d be the sleeping giant, the temporarily inconvenienced blue blood franchise and they’d be the red-headed step child of the league. 

Either way, it’s an incredibly poor look to start beef out of nowhere with a respectable organization in a similar situation to us, who is arguably further ahead in their efforts to rebuild their reputation and respect across the league. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Lovi said:

Interesting.  I was pretty sure this was Mark Twain

We all know it was Michael Scott. No one actually knows who was the first to say that line, but it wasn't Twain or Lincoln.

On a more depressing note, I never thought I'd type something like this up, but... it could be that Dan Snyder is a better owner than Brian Davis. I was almost certain no matter what happens we cannot get worse than what we have, but I'm pretty sure Davis would be even worse for this franchise's future than Snyder. I am sure he'll get pushed away so we wont have to worry about either, but before last week I'd have said ANYTHING is better than Snyder. 

2 minutes ago, Rocket442Olds said:

We all know it was Michael Scott. No one actually knows who was the first to say that line, but it wasn't Twain or Lincoln.

On a more depressing note, I never thought I'd type something like this up, but... it could be that Dan Snyder is a better owner than Brian Davis. I was almost certain no matter what happens we cannot get worse than what we have, but I'm pretty sure Davis would be even worse for this franchise's future than Snyder. I am sure he'll get pushed away so we wont have to worry about either, but before last week I'd have said ANYTHING is better than Snyder. 

Aint-what-you-dont-know-Image-Mark-Twain

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Lovi said:

It's been credited to Mark Twain and Abraham Lincoln. I always thought it was Mark Twain too. Maybe it was Brian Davis who actually said it.

Edited by RVAskins
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Aint-what-you-dont-know-Image-Mark-Twain

I've had as the closing phrase of my sig here for over ten years.👽

1 hour ago, RVAskins said:

It's been credited to Mark Twain and Abraham Lincoln. I always thought it was Mark Twain too. Maybe it was Brian Davis who actually said it.

Twain. 

• Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, RVAskins said:

Wright should follow this advice.

il_570xN.2022017519_gnxf.jpg

2 hours ago, Lovi said:

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/17/remain-silent/

"The earliest known appearance of the adage discovered by QI occurred in a book titled “Mrs. Goose, Her Book” by Maurice Switzer. The publication date was 1907 and the copyright notice was 1906. The book was primarily filled with clever nonsense verse, and the phrasing in this early version was slightly different:[5]"

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, PigskinRedskin said:

"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take." -- Wayne Gretzky   -- Michael Scott  -- Brian Davis

I mean, you could also say,  " If you never fold, you can never be bluffed out . "

But, personally, I would never endorse such.a strategy.  🙂

26 minutes ago, London Kev said:

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2010/05/17/remain-silent/

"The earliest known appearance of the adage discovered by QI occurred in a book titled “Mrs. Goose, Her Book” by Maurice Switzer. The publication date was 1907 and the copyright notice was 1906. The book was primarily filled with clever nonsense verse, and the phrasing in this early version was slightly different:[5]"

"It is better to remain silent at the risk of being thought a fool, than to talk and remove all doubt of it."

Yeah, I know about that stuff, but thanks anyway. 🙂

Fwiw, "quote investigator" is a so so source overall. 🙂

• Thumb up 1

46 minutes ago, Jumbo said:

I've had as the closing phrase of my sig here for over ten years.👽

Twain. 

Reminds me of what James Whistler once said to Oscar Wilde. After Whistler made a witty remark Wilde said "I wish I had said that!" to which Whistler replied "You will Oscar, you will ..."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MartinC said:

Reminds me of what James Whistler once said to Oscar Wilde. After Whistler made a witty remark Wilde said "I wish I had said that!" to which Whistler replied "You will Oscar, you will ..."

You and I may be the only two ES'ers who thinks any forum here could use more Oscar Wilde. 😛

• Haha 3