Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Mod Notice: Temp Ban if Post on Changing the Name. Per New York Times: Dan Syder Agrees to Sell Washingon Commaders for $6B

Reaper Skins

1 minute ago, NickyJ said:

At this point, who hasn't been counseled by Joe Gibbs? What even is his counsel? Is it asking him "Hey man, if I buy the team, would you come to Ring of Honor meetings and shake my hand?" Do people have to kneel and kiss each of Gibbs' Super Bowl rings before they're allowed to speak? I like the dude, but whenever I hear 'so and so spoke to Joe Gibbs before he joined the team', it makes me think of him as some old prophet who hasn't been a part of society for 20 years sitting in a cave on mountain top, waiting to dispense the priceless knowledge of "the fans like it when you win" and "the team colors are burgundy and gold."

And "I don't know who's going to show up on Sunday: Elmer and the boys or a pretty good football team."

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

At this point, who hasn't been counseled by Joe Gibbs? What even is his counsel? Is it asking him "Hey man, if I buy the team, would you come to Ring of Honor meetings and shake my hand?" Do people have to kneel and kiss each of Gibbs' Super Bowl rings before they're allowed to speak? I like the dude, but whenever I hear 'so and so spoke to Joe Gibbs before he joined the team', it makes me think of him as some old prophet who hasn't been a part of society for 20 years sitting in a cave on mountain top, waiting to dispense the priceless knowledge of "the fans like it when you win" and "the team colors are burgundy and gold."

Coach "Stay Medium" could have used this last piece of sage wisdom.

4 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

970324_ra409.jpg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

Coach "Stay Medium" could have used this last piece of sage wisdom.

The pilgrimage is only for those strong in body and soul. Jim felt he needed a few more practice sessions on the Slip N Slide before he could embark on the journey. He waited too late.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

The pilgrimage is only for those strong in body and soul. Jim felt he needed a few more practice sessions on the Slip N Slide before he could embark on the journey. He waited too late.

Indeed he did. Indeed he did...

5 hours ago, MartinC said:

This is going nowhere.

One of the more pointless endeavors I still engage in here from time to time is noting that posting on certain matters is a waste of time and text.

I did this re: Davis days ago. Foolishness on my part for more than one reason.  😏😁

• Like 2

I love how some people are seemingly just now starting to realize this Brian Davis guy is a scam artist. It's like walking on hot coals for 5 minutes before realizing that your feet hurt and it's probably the fire that's doing it.

"Hmm...this guy's entire business history is literally scamming people, he's claiming he basically invented 5G and cloud computing 25 years ago, and he somehow claims to have billions of dollars from random white people. I'm starting to think there may be something fishy here!"

_57c8a1a431a592af806925e57258202f.png

• Haha 4

Attorneys ask NFL to bar Dan Snyder from suing accusers as condition of Commanders sale

https://theathletic.com/4429367/2023/04/19/nfl-dan-snyder-commanders-sale/

Attorneys for more than 40 former Commanders employees have asked NFL commissioner Roger Goodell to add a provision to the pending sale of the franchise that would bar current owner Daniel Snyder from suing accusers who participated in the several misconduct investigations surrounding Snyder and the organization. The Washington Post was the first to report this story. Here’s what you need to know:

• A group led by Josh Harris has agreed to purchase the franchise for $6.05 billion and the bid has been sent to the NFL.
  • In the letter sent to Goodell, attorneys asked that the provision be added as a condition of the sale.
  • Attorneys say this is a concern for their clients “given Mr. Snyder’s well-earned reputation for being vindictive and litigious.”
  • The proposed deal already includes language to partly indemnify Snyder for future litigation stemming from the many pending investigations into his tenure, a person close to Harris told The Athletic.

What the letter says

“Although we are confident that any such litigation by Mr. Snyder would be meritless — as the women and men involved in the investigations did nothing more than accurately and honestly share their experiences working for the team — the emotional, financial and professional toll on these individuals to defend against even a baseless lawsuit would be incalculable.”

Backstory

Snyder bought the team and FedEx Field in 1999, launching a tenure some consider the worst ownership in professional sports, beset by shoddy play on the field and scandal off of it. The league fined the team $10 million in July 2021 and temporarily banned Snyder from the club following findings of a toxic culture at the team, including rampant sexual harassment.

The league is also awaiting findings of the Mary Jo White report on investigations into whether Snyder harassed a female employee, and if the team hid revenue from the other 31 clubs.

Snyder also had a vitriolic legal battle with his former partners, whom the team owner accused of dirty tricks, including charging they had planted false stories linking him to sex trafficking. That dispute ended with Snyder buying their 40 percent stake out for $875 million.

The federal court in the Eastern District of Virginia is also probing bank fraud at the team, while the attorney general of Washington, D.C., is suing the team — and the NFL — for obscuring the sexual harassment at the club.

In November, weeks after Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay spoke out against Snyder, suggesting removal was an option, the Commanders put out a statement that the club had hired an investment bank to consider strategic options. Amazon founder Jeff Bezos instantly was considered the front-runner, but Snyder would not deal with him because of Bezos’ ownership of The Washington Post, which uncovered the sexual harassment at the team.

• Like 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Just because Davis had a crap interview this morning doesn’t mean anything is being expedited. Not that Charles said that specifically, just the timing of his tweet implies it.  I think they are on the same time frame they’ve always been. Unless, of course, Snyder didn’t really know anything about Davis, was taking the guy seriously and his people listened to the interview this morning and told him that Davis is out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Just because Davis had a crap interview this morning doesn’t mean anything is being expedited. Not that Charles said that specifically, just the timing of his tweet implies it.  I think they are on the same time frame they’ve always been. Unless, of course, Snyder didn’t really know anything about Davis, was taking the guy seriously and his people listened to the interview this morning and told him that Davis is out.

I don’t think it’s really related to the Brian Davis stuff, that reporter is Snyder’s guy. Sounds to me like Snyder is pushing back on the “could last though the summer” theory. He wants his money now that the field is cleared and there’s no godfather offer coming from Bezos. 

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, Fan since a Fetus said:

Dan is a certified moron, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that he was taking Davis seriously.

I usually wouldn't think anyone with even a hint of business acumen would buy any of the absolute nonsense that Davis is peddling, but Dan Snyder is a rare case where he got rich via a combination of pig headed stubbornness, luck, and what was essentially illegal activity (his communications business was notorious for "slamming" people back in the day and switching their phone provider without their consent) and since then he has literally made zero correct business decisions.

Pretty much everything he has ever touched from a business perspective has turned to dog****. So he's one "successful" business person who I could definitely see buying what a grifter like Davis is selling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Dan is a certified moron, so it's not outside the realm of possibility that he was taking Davis seriously.

I usually wouldn't think anyone with even a hint of business acumen would buy any of the absolute nonsense that Davis is peddling, but Dan Snyder is a rare case where he got rich via a combination of pig headed stubbornness, luck, and what was essentially illegal activity (his communications business was notorious for "slamming" people back in the day and switching their phone provider without their consent) and since then he has literally made zero correct business decisions.

Pretty much everything he has ever touched from a business perspective has turned to dog****. So he's one "successful" business person who I could definitely see buying what a grifter like Davis is selling.

You make A valid point. This is the same stubborn buffoon who drove one of the richest people in the world from buying his asset because his newspaper wrote mean articles that were true 🤪

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BringMetheHeadofBruceAllen said:

Here's my guess who's on Davis' 'white people' list:

Bernie Madoff

Ivan Boesky

John DeLorean

Gordon Gekko

Elizabeth Holmes

Sam Bankman-Fried

adding Saniel Dnyder

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mistertim said:

Having worked with a few people who used to work at Snyder Communications, it's still galling to me that the FBI didn't actually nail them until after Snyder had sold the company. These people I know confirmed that Snyder wouldn't allow people to look him in the eye and that people were afraid to go home at night before Snyder left because he would fire them for being unmotivated.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hey my people. What a complete full of **** interview. My brain is dulled. He's just running a scam, trying to get investors for his energy scam.  If you have money, why on earth would you not build a new stadium? If he sues, who is he suing? Dan? BOA? NFL?

Edited by 88Comrade2000
  • Haha 1