Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trump on Trial (Trump indicted for a fourth time in Georgia. Expands his record of most indictments by a former president)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Bang said:

I don' think locking him up til trial is going to help with his violent tendencies.
It just means he will likely have to clean the ketchup off the wall himself.

~Bang

I'm cool with that. 

Uh, what violence are we talking about?  He calls on others to commit violence, which he could do perfectly well from jail. As to him committing violence himself?  One, he is a nearly 80 year old morbidly obese tub of goo who was born rich. Two, the only people that go near Trump are “his people” so, you know, why try to stop it?

• Like 1

Ikr?  He's so nasty.  I can't imagine what he did to get Melania.  I mean, I remember the "article" when Marla Maples said he was the best sex she ever had...I damn near threw up.  (I have a friend that calls it "selling Buicks in the john").  :ols:

And that was how many decades ago?  He's only gotten more gross, if that's even possible. 

• Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Larry said:

I'm enjoying him ranting that he's covered by the Presidential Records Act.  

Isn't that the law that says he has to turn everything over to the National Archives?  Without desctoying anything?  

Yes, and it's insane how few republicans (political leaders and voters) understand this or even know what the PRA says. Got into a brief back and forth months ago with a MAGA voter on Twitter about it...the dude kept telling me that the PRA allows for Trump to do a ****load of stuff that "Liberals" are now claiming is illegal, then retweeted a guy who is actually a republican leader (can't remember who) that had a lengthy thread about how the PRA supports Trump's handling of the documents--he mostly talked about how Trump declassified them so the PRA says he could take them if he choose to. I was like, "Um, nooooooooo..." lol...and then quoted verbatim what the PRA says.

Even Trump's lawyer is clueless about the PRA...he recently said in an interview that Nixon was paid $18M to return the documents instead of being "raided" by the FBI, so that shows the PRA allows presidents to take documents with them when they leave office. The interviewer corrected him and said the PRA didn't exist when Nixon was in office so, no...no it didn't lol. It will be so incredibly easy to destroy the arguments these toeheads use in court to defend Trump.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Captain Wiggles said:

It's like the rantings of a five year old. Boxes Hoax, Biden did it not me, meet the fake press, its Chinatown baby. Not sure how anyone can take him seriously. 

None of it matters because his supporters are most accurately, objectively, and factually, summarized as ignorant, vile, and directly or indirectly malevolent sacks of tissue that shouldn't be allowed to exist, however flawed homo sapiens inherently are as a species.

In terms of value to society they belong in the same class as repeat sexual offenders and  the most violent criminals, no matter what other less repugnant characteristics they may present.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

I want to do more, living in Texas precludes my activity now. Yes, I'm scared. My daughter works in a food store, I'm scared for her. My granddaughter lives mostly with her dad, they work and school at home. Anyone and I mean anyone can conceal carry without a license now. We have Fascists in state, federal, and local government elected and appointed positions. 

I can't believe it's the 21st Century where females are again second class citizens like we were when I was born in 1951, voting rights for any person unless you're white, puedo-Christian, male, heterosexual. These Fascists even want to rewrite the Constitution and take voting rights away from females. It's truly The Handmaid's Tale coming true unless we turn out and vote regardless of the attempts to deny this basic right of citizenship.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 2

Here's the latest laughable attempt to deflect from Trump's legal issues by propping up an asinine conspiracy theory:

Much like I said MAGA members on Twitter didn't understand (or even know) what the Presidential Records Act says, they apparently also don't understand (or even know) what a "special access request" is or why it's needed.

- National Archives is authorized to obtain and access classified documents via the Presidential Records Act

- The FBI, though, is not...

- When it was just NARA trying to get the docs back from Trump, no access request was needed from anyone

- But then NARA asked the DOJ to help them get the records back

- Once NARA involved the DOJ, the DOJ made a special access request to the White House so that they could legally obtain the records for NARA if needed

- This request was made in April 2022...4 months before the FBI searched Mar-A-Lago, so there's a good chance the White House was indeed caught off guard by the search warrant execution regardless of the special access request it granted 4 months earlier

- The White House granting the special access doesn't show "coordination" of anything...it shows that everyone was abiding by the law; it's standard operating procedure, and a respect for the sensitive nature of the documents that Trump himself couldn't be bothered to show

- And for good measure, this **** was already known last year lol...so it's not "breaking"

Barr said recently that he thinks the documents case against Trump is the strongest of the suits and the one of which he should be most afraid, and an earlier post said Jack Smith appears to have an incredibly strong case so far to present and may soon do so to a grand jury...which is why I suspect this feeble attempt at a conspiracy is making the rounds now. They're flailing.

Edited by Califan007 The Constipated
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumb up 1

34 minutes ago, Califan007 The Constipated said:

Barr said recently that he thinks the documents case against Trump is the strongest of the suits and the one of which he should be most afraid, and an earlier post said Jack Smith appears to have an incredibly strong case so far to present and may soon do so to a grand jury...which is why I suspect this feeble attempt at a conspiracy is making the rounds now. They're flailing.

Well, it's kind of like trying to claim you didn't possess cocaine, after a search warrant turned up cocaine.  

• Haha 3

Bragg Sues Jim Jordan in Move to Block Interference in Trump Case

The Manhattan district attorney on Tuesday sued Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio in an extraordinary step intended to keep congressional Republicans from interfering in the office’s criminal case against former President Donald J. Trump.

The 50-page suit, filed in federal court in the Southern District of New York, accuses Mr. Jordan of a “brazen and unconstitutional attack” on the prosecution of Mr. Trump and a “transparent campaign to intimidate and attack” the district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg. Mr. Bragg last week unveiled 34 felony charges against Mr. Trump that stem from the former president’s attempts to cover up a potential sex scandal during and after the 2016 presidential campaign.

Lawyers for Mr. Bragg are seeking to bar Mr. Jordan and his congressional allies from enforcing a subpoena sent to Mark F. Pomerantz, who was once a leader of the district attorney’s Trump investigation and who later wrote a book about that experience. Mr. Pomerantz resigned early last year after Mr. Bragg, just weeks into his first term in office, decided not to seek an indictment of Trump at that time.

Mr. Bragg’s lawyers, including Theodore J. Boutrous Jr. of the law firm Gibson Dunn and Leslie Dubeck, the general counsel in the district attorney’s office, also intend to prevent any other such subpoenas, the lawsuit says. Mr. Jordan has left open the possibility of subpoenaing Mr. Bragg.

Mr. Pomerantz is also named as a defendant in the suit, though that appears to be a formality. By naming him, Mr. Bragg’s lawyers are seeking to block Mr. Pomerantz from testifying if he were legally compelled to do so. Mr. Pomerantz has shown no indication that he is willing to testify voluntarily. He declined to comment on Tuesday.

Last month, Mr. Jordan, in his role as the House Judiciary Committee chairman, sent a letter with two Republican colleagues that demanded the district attorney’s office provide communications, documents and testimony about Mr. Bragg’s investigation of Mr. Trump. And after Mr. Bragg’s prosecutors last week unveiled the charges against Mr. Trump, Mr. Jordan issued the subpoena to Mr. Pomerantz seeking to compel a closed-door deposition.

Click on the link for the full article

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 3

Here's how even MAGA morons should KNOW Trump's stolen election claims are bogus. His boy in Congress, Jim Jordan, Judiciary Committee chair, has an investigation into every rightwing grievance out there - EXCEPT for the "stolen election." Because everyone in the GOP knows it's bull****.

• Like 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/04/11/alvin-bragg-lawsuit-jim-jordan-trump-investigation/

Manhattan DA sues Rep. Jim Jordan for ‘brazen’ attack on Trump probe

NEW YORK — Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg filed a federal lawsuit Tuesday seeking to stop Rep. Jim Jordan from what the prosecutor said is a “brazen and unconstitutional attack” by members of Congress on the prosecution and investigation of former president Donald Trump.

Lawyers for Bragg’s office and private law firm Gibson Dunn filed the 50-page civil complaint in U.S. District Court in Manhattan against an investigation launched by Jordan, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee. Jordan and other members of the committee are trying to obtain confidential investigative materials compiled during the district attorney’s criminal probe.

Bragg is asking a federal judge to prohibit Jordan and the committee from involvement in an ongoing New York state criminal prosecution and investigation of Trump and invalidate a subpoena from Jordan’s committee to former prosecutor Mark Pomerantz. The subpoena to Pomerantz, who split with Bragg’s office early last year following a dispute over how the case should proceed, calls for him to testify before the committee on April 20.

Unfortunately the remedy here is just that Gym has to stop being a dickbag in one very specific way, instead of, say, being mauled by a bear. 

Edited by PleaseBlitz
  • Sad 1
  • Thumb up 1

6 hours ago, China said:

Bragg Sues Jim Jordan in Move to Block Interference in Trump Case

The Manhattan district attorney on Tuesday sued Representative Jim Jordan of Ohio in an extraordinary step intended to keep congressional Republicans from interfering in the office’s criminal case against former President Donald J. Trump.

The 50-page suit, filed in federal court in the Southern District of New York, accuses Mr. Jordan of a “brazen and unconstitutional attack” on the prosecution of Mr. Trump and a “transparent campaign to intimidate and attack” the district attorney, Alvin L. Bragg. Mr. Bragg last week unveiled 34 felony charges against Mr. Trump that stem from the former president’s attempts to cover up a potential sex scandal during and after the 2016 presidential campaign.

Lawyers for Mr. Bragg are seeking to bar Mr. Jordan and his congressional allies from enforcing a subpoena sent to Mark F. Pomerantz, who was once a leader of the district attorney’s Trump investigation and who later wrote a book about that experience. Mr. Pomerantz resigned early last year after Mr. Bragg, just weeks into his first term in office, decided not to seek an indictment of Trump at that time.

Mr. Bragg’s lawyers, including Theodore J. Boutrous Jr. of the law firm Gibson Dunn and Leslie Dubeck, the general counsel in the district attorney’s office, also intend to prevent any other such subpoenas, the lawsuit says. Mr. Jordan has left open the possibility of subpoenaing Mr. Bragg.

Mr. Pomerantz is also named as a defendant in the suit, though that appears to be a formality. By naming him, Mr. Bragg’s lawyers are seeking to block Mr. Pomerantz from testifying if he were legally compelled to do so. Mr. Pomerantz has shown no indication that he is willing to testify voluntarily. He declined to comment on Tuesday.

Last month, Mr. Jordan, in his role as the House Judiciary Committee chairman, sent a letter with two Republican colleagues that demanded the district attorney’s office provide communications, documents and testimony about Mr. Bragg’s investigation of Mr. Trump. And after Mr. Bragg’s prosecutors last week unveiled the charges against Mr. Trump, Mr. Jordan issued the subpoena to Mr. Pomerantz seeking to compel a closed-door deposition.

Click on the link for the full article

43 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/2023/04/11/alvin-bragg-lawsuit-jim-jordan-trump-investigation/

Manhattan DA sues Rep. Jim Jordan for ‘brazen’ attack on Trump probe

Unfortunately the remedy here is just that Gym has to stop being a dickbag in one very specific way, instead of, say, being mauled by a bear. 

Bragg didn't go far enough.  He should issue a warrant for Jim Jordan for violating New York law §195.05 Obstructing governmental administration.  So when he steps foot in New York for his planned dog and pony show, he's arrested.     

6 minutes ago, China said:

Bragg didn't go far enough.  He should issue a warrant for Jim Jordan for violating New York law §195.05 Obstructing governmental administration.  So when he steps foot in New York for his planned dog and pony show, he's arrested.     

Unfortunately, I seem to recall the Constitution stating that members of Congress are immune to arrest by the states. At least while performing their duties or some such.