Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Convicted felon Donald Trump on Trial (Found guilty on 34 felony counts. 54 criminal count still in the air)

Cooked Crack

Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump be convicted in any of his cases?

• Yes. He's going 4 for 4. (including Georgia)
    • He's going to lose 3
    • Two for sure
    • He's only going to get convicted in one
    • No. He's going to skate

This poll is closed to new votes

"Trump is hit with more devastating news as Politico reveals that “three Georgia Republicans who falsely claimed to be electors for Donald Trump — and are now charged alongside him in a sprawling racketeering indictment brought by local prosecutors — now say they took the steps they did because Trump, then the sitting president, told them to.”

This could not be worse news for Trump — because his co-conspirators just essentially accused him or masterminding the conspiracy to steal Biden’s win through a slate of “fake electors.”

The Politico report continues, revealing that, “In a series of court filings this week, those false electors, who became part of Trump’s last-ditch bid to subvert the 2020 election, said it was Trump and his campaign lawyers who urged them to sign the false documents, claiming they were necessary to preserve Trump’s flailing court efforts to reverse his defeat to Joe Biden.“

A lawyer of one of the three indicted Georgia “fake electors” even told the court that his client “was acting at the direction of the incumbent president of the United States,” and that “the president’s attorneys instructed Mr. Still and the other contingent electors that they had to meet and cast their ballots on Dec. 14, 2020.”

The other two co-conspirators told the court that they committed their multiple felonies “under the direction of the President Trump.” That’s right, even Trump’s own co-conspirators have turned on Trump — and Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis’ criminal case against Trump just became a slam dunk."

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 6

Where is the intelligence of people? They (fake electors) had to know that what TFG and his lawyers wanted them to do was illegal. The real electors were already certified by the state and it wasn't them. Can't they use their brains and figure it out? 

No matter who was urging them, individually they could have refused to participate in a phony scheme by the Head Grifter. 

I mean, really.

1 hour ago, LadySkinsFan said:

Where is the intelligence of people? They (fake electors) had to know that what TFG and his lawyers wanted them to do was illegal. The real electors were already certified by the state and it wasn't them. Can't they use their brains and figure it out? 

No matter who was urging them, individually they could have refused to participate in a phony scheme by the Head Grifter. 

I mean, really.

All valid points, but happening this way is significant evidence towards the RICO charge for Trump and his attorneys. That charge is the humdinger.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So the indicted lawyers (except Rudy) have asked for a quick trial date. I wonder what their angle for this is? Will they try to claim attorney client privilege to the communications the GA DOJ has? I don't think I've seen any speculation about the reason for wanting this. 

6 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

So the indicted lawyers (except Rudy) have asked for a quick trial date. I wonder what their angle for this is? Will they try to claim attorney client privilege to the communications the GA DOJ has? I don't think I've seen any speculation about the reason for wanting this. 

I've seen a couple of things.  First was to see if the prosecution was actually ready for trial, perhaps expecting Fani Willis not to be ready to put on her case so quickly.  Second was so that they could claim that it wasn't them, but all the other co-consprators that were guilty, essentially casting blame on the others who aren't in court yet and able to refute the claim.

• Thumb up 2

10 minutes ago, EmirOfShmo said:

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/08/25/georgias-speedy-trial-law-could-affect-trumps-criminal-case/

This goes into it a bit. I don’t know if this benefits Chesboro as much as it may help the other 18.

• Thumb up 1

24 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local/2023/08/25/georgias-speedy-trial-law-could-affect-trumps-criminal-case/

This goes into it a bit. I don’t know if this benefits Chesboro as much as it may help the other 18.

"Nichols said on the flip side, if Chesebro is found guilty, defense lawyers for the other defendants will face the real fear that Trump and his codefendants could suffer the same fate. He said the call for a speedy trial could also result in additional grounds for an appeal."

Jeez. Talk about saying all things are possible. Great insight. 

• Haha 1

Re: Speedy Trial

There is a lot of speculation.

1)  The DA is not ready, so doing this will catch her by surprise.  This seems like it is not really true. 

2)  Take it to trial before any co-conspiators flip.  This seems pretty plausable, but I wonder if they don't have enough witnesses. 

3)  Going first to benefit Trump's defense.  This also seems likely.  Later defendants will get a preview of the case.  Although, the DA has to show their evidence ahead of time, there could be some surprising testimony, witnesses, etc. 

4) Don't have the money to fund a long drawn out defense.  This also seems pretty likely.  Especially if Trump is not funding their legal fees. 

5)  Maybe they think the GA legislature will remove the DA andcno DA means they get off on a technicality?

• Thumb up 2

2 hours ago, Fergasun said:

Re: Speedy Trial

There is a lot of speculation.

1)  The DA is not ready, so doing this will catch her by surprise.  This seems like it is not really true. 

2)  Take it to trial before any co-conspiators flip.  This seems pretty plausable, but I wonder if they don't have enough witnesses. 

3)  Going first to benefit Trump's defense.  This also seems likely.  Later defendants will get a preview of the case.  Although, the DA has to show their evidence ahead of time, there could be some surprising testimony, witnesses, etc. 

4) Don't have the money to fund a long drawn out defense.  This also seems pretty likely.  Especially if Trump is not funding their legal fees. 

5)  Maybe they think the GA legislature will remove the DA andcno DA means they get off on a technicality?

So it sounds like all this hinges on the first trial. That's pretty scary.  

5 minutes ago, Darrell Green Fan said:

So it sounds like all this hinges on the first trial. That's pretty scary.  

Not exactly.  They aren't all charged with the same thing.  Trump was indicted on 13 charges.  Chesebro was only indicted on 7 charges.  So they won't present all the evidence against Trump in Chesebro's trial.

• Like 2
  • Thumb up 2

22 hours ago, Larry said:

My nomination for "This Guy Wins the Internet" this week is still whoever did the "Batman villain's mugshots". Especially Rudy's. 

There's some really creative people out there. 

Here's the updated version:

iIpelsbLXXzKNSxjymQ=

• Haha 8

I just read more about the others indicted who are "turning" on Trump in the Georgia case...I don't think they're turning on him, I think that was just spin. Seems more that they're trying to get their cases moved from Georgia to the federal level with the hopes that it's more likely they will be seen as acting as federal officers at the direction of the president so they should be given immunity...or something like that lol. They are hanging their hopes on 1) the trials being moved out of Georgia, and 2) being seen as acting in the official scope of government duties due to Trump directing them.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, EmirOfShmo said:

Something else I just saw; the requirments of the speedy trial act in Georgia necessitate not only starting, but having a jury seated quickly, in this case by the end of October.  They may be gambling that that they can't get the jury selected that fast, considering that Willis has jury selection in another RICO case that has gone on for months.  If the jury can't be seated in time then the case gets dismissed (I've cued up the video to the relevant part):

Edited by China

:ols:

'I can't go': Trump blows up on prosecutors for keeping him from attending PGA event in Scotland

On Sunday afternoon Donald Trump pitched a fit that his legal problems are keeping him from attending a golf tournament being held at his golf course in Aberdeen, Scotland.

Taking to his Truth Social account, the former president claimed "I can't go" and blamed it on the "Crazed Radical Left Lunatics, Communists, Marxists, and Fascists" who are ruining his golf enjoyment.

According to the former president who is facing four separate indictments and a handful of civil lawsuits, "I have the Staysure Senior PGA Championship in Aberdeen, Scotland, on my great course, and I can’t go. I have to stay around and fight off the Crazed Radical Left Lunatics, Communists, Marxists, and Fascists."

Click on the link for the full article

Aww, poor baby!  I hope he's miserable for the rest of his life traveling between court appearances and (hopefully) jail.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

So... is he not allowed to leave the country?

He's got a hearing on Monday in DC, which he has to attend, where judge Chutkan will set a trial date.

Edited by China
  • Thanks 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1