Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

2 hours ago, Command The 414 said:

Robbie Gould testing the FA market, any interest?  Slye was decent but for the right price a upgrade could be made 

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1632081097369460737?s=20

These veteran kickers don't work out as well as expected sometimes when they change teams. That being said, if they can get Gould, it is well worth the risk to upgrade Slye. I don't think this team is suddenly going to get a ton better in the red zone with Eric B - for a team like this, having a great FG kicker really helps

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Probably so but am doubting they do it because of the money it would take

i think they can afford it.  next year, they have like 128 million in cap space, so they can definitely do it!

• Like 1

Getting Orlando Brown, yep I’d be all over that in terms of the upgrade we’d be getting plus adding a quality piece before the draft would be massive....However....the general view seems to be that he isn’t nearly as good as the ‘best left tackle type money in the league’ size deal he’s after. In fact many say he’s a better RT.

So I would be all over that but you have to accept the reality that’s comes with it being a significantly overpriced deal. 

Is Orlando Brown $8.5MM per year better than Leno?  I see they have similar PFF grades but I'm open to anyone who can explain why we would cut Leno and take on $4.5MM in dead cap to sign a guy for $20MM per year who seems to be marginally better.

Am I wrong that he's marginally better than Leno or is there some analytic that says Brown is a beast and deserves TW money?

• Like 4
  • Thumb up 1

5 minutes ago, JSSkinz said:

Is Orlando Brown $8.5MM per year better than Leno?  I see they have similar PFF grades but I'm open to anyone who can explain why we would cut Leno and take on $4.5MM in dead cap to sign a guy for $20MM per year who seems to be marginally better.

Am I wrong that he's marginally better than Leno or is there some analytic that says Brown is a beast and deserves TW money?

I think most will agree Leno is more than serviceable. Better than average and consistently reliable/durable. Not doubt he’d hold that LT place down in 2023. And most will agree Brown is going to get ‘overpaid’.

Depends what the bigger picture approach is. Looks like we’re going to bring in 2, maybe even 3, rookies. Still got other rookie deals on the books. Perhaps you go get that 26/27 yo premier LT now on a 5/6 year deal ?

• Thumb up 1

1 hour ago, HigSkin said:

Is Wylie any good?  KC is going to be looking like they're going to be thin along the Oline

So So career, but played great in the SB as to Wylie.

I wonder if the Chiefs are good trade partner in the draft?  they might want to trade up for tackle.  Yes, we'd be trading down far but the Chiefs I believe have 12 picks coming their way because of comp picks.    Their roster is too loaded to need that many, they won't all make the team.

• Thumb up 1

18 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

So So career, but played great in the SB as to Wylie.

I wonder if the Chiefs are good trade partner in the draft?  they might want to trade up for tackle.  Yes, we'd be trading down far but the Chiefs I believe have 12 picks coming their way because of comp picks.    Their roster is too loaded to need that many, they won't all make the team.

Yeah I think they would be a good potential trade partner as they may have value quality over quantity when it comes to picks.  That said with the salary cap they are always going to need cheap backups so they have the money to pay their stars, so maybe they do want to picks so they can consistently get rid of more expensive depth guys for cheaper ones.

That 2021 draft for the Chiefs really set up their O-Line success the last two years.   They effective got three out of the five starters for the past two years from that draft.  They traded their first rounder for Orlando Brown who had one year on his rookie deal and then the fifth year option so they got him at or below market for two season.  Then despite not having a first rounder they got two better than average starters in the draft with Creed Humphrey at 63 who has been really good for them (they got Nick Bolton at 58) and then Trey Smith with the 226nd pick.   They absolutely nailed that draft.

• Like 1