Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

1 hour ago, FootballZombie said:

The idea that Snyder would go out and sign Lamar to a fully G deal as a screw-you round out the door has gotten far more traction and air time then I ever would have guessed it would.

They are falling back on old tropes and it’s an easy target if you don’t really pay attention. And they obviously aren’t paying attention, or they’d realize that Snyder is totally checked out and detached. He’s not doing anything other than selling. 

• Like 1

Currently sat with around 16mil in cap space. Anyone see any moves coming before free agency starts ? That money likely covers a 2 or 3 signings including a vet QB.

I think I’d rework Jon Allen’s deal, convert his 2023 salary to bonus. Stick a couple of years on his deal, maybe voidable ones to spread the hit. That would give us another 10mil in cap space. 

It would also mean we could hold onto the likes of Logan Thomas, Norwell, Roullier until after the draft. 

Making Roullier a post Jun 1st cut would get use another 8m back in June to top up the funds. 

You also then extend Payne, under new ownership, job sorted.......

23 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

You also then extend Payne, under new ownership, job sorted.......

I'm in no rush to extend Payne. Get it done around TC. His first year hit will obviously be below his current 19 Mil hit so your not gonna screw yourself by waiting.

The important part is to relay that info to Payne himself so he does not get ansy and do something rash like demand a trade when all the cash starts flyin'.

Moving some of C Samuels money into his 2 void years is an easy way to clear some Cap space too. That would directly increase his G money so he'd have no reason not to say yes.

Edited by FootballZombie
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, FootballZombie said:

I'm in no rush to extend Payne. Get it done around TC. His first year hit will obviously be below his current 19 Mil hit so your not gonna screw yourself by waiting.

The important part is to relay that info to Payne himself so he does not get ansy and do something rash like demand a trade when all the cash starts flyin'.

Moving some of C Samuels money into his 2 void years is an easy way to clear some Cap space too. That would directly increase his G money so he'd have no reason not to say yes.

Yep Samuel is another candidate. Fuller too really. I’m just not sure either is nailed on to be here in 2024, which would make me hesitate in pushing more cap hit out....

We can extend Fuller and lower his cap

Cutting McKissic ($1.5m), Thomas ($5m) Roullier ($4m), Norwell ($2.5m) Lucas ($4m), and Leno ($8m) would all be in play under certain circumstances too.

If we signed McGary or Dillard to play RT and draft a LT in R1 I’d almost guarantee we part ways with Leno. Might even part with Lucas if we also brought in a new swing tackle or drafted two tackles. 

That right there would save $12m.

But this FO won’t look at it like that. They’ll surely want a veteran presence and probably wouldn’t want to lose both those guys. We’ll see. 

5 hours ago, Conn said:

They are falling back on old tropes and it’s an easy target if you don’t really pay attention. And they obviously aren’t paying attention, or they’d realize that Snyder is totally checked out and detached. He’s not doing anything other than selling. 

Totally crazy.  Even if he could find it, Dan isn’t parking over $200M in escrow - there’s a reason why he took the $55M LOC.  

Any available cash flow is going to yacht fuel (cue the “…boats and hoes” song from Step Brothers)

• Like 2

I read he could be a bargain, not young though

Screen Shot 2023-03-10 at 7.48.18 AM.png

10 hours ago, Always A Commander Never A Captain said:

There's absolutely no way Rams move on from Stafford unless his arm is completely shot.

Players with big contracts coming off of big injuries tend to be released versus traded.  So yeah I doubt the Rams get any takers.  Just months ago there was some talk about whether Stafford would retire.

Edited by Skinsinparadise

24 minutes ago, KDawg said:

How much did we spend in guaranteed money last off-season, including Wentz? I could look it up but am a bit busy to do that research.

My point is I’d expect a similar # this off-season or less.

I started to look into that yesterday then couldn’t be bothered in the end :ols: Terry Mc got something like 35mil gtd I think.

Aside from say Wentz, and Jon Allen, Terry Mc more recently, our range IMO is likely to be say 3 or 4 year 40mil type deal. WJ3 got 3/40 ish from memory. Was Samuel before that similar.

I could see us try to snag a couple of OL in those kind of ranges, with say 50% guaranteed. 

A Hernandez and Wynn pair of signings would go a very long way this offseason and allow us a lot of play in the draft.

We'd need to draft a Center and still need more depth, but it would allow us to double dip DB and look for some pass rush/LBer help.

• Like 2

Listening to Keim and Standig.  i am not done listening to Keim's podcast will listen to the rest soon.

Standig and Keim both think Heinicke has a good shot of coming back.  Standig expects some signings, maybe 1 year deal types, but nothing splashy.  Sheehan heard the opposite.  I guess we will see.

Keim says Rouillier is actually recovering well (previously wasn't so sure listening to him) and wants to play.  He suspects they keep Rouillier, sign Larsen and also draft a center

Keim believes they look for some bargains, signs multiple players but nothing sexy.    O line, CB, LB

Holcomb wants more money then they are offering.  Keim citing the FO has used @KDawg's posts to suggest he's not worth the ask. :D

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Keim says Rouillier is actually recovering well (previously wasn't so sure listening to him) and wants to play.  He suspects they keep Rouillier, sign Larsen and also draft a center

I think they need to consider a contract re do here. He’s missed too many games to warrant that deal now.

Although I’m sure around mid season last year he converted some contract money to help our cap situation. Don’t think changed any overall numbers but there must be a good relationship there.

• Like 1