Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

5 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

To all the Charles Leno apologists. He played a horrible game yesterday with basic stunt concepts. Time to move on.

Yup, he was horrible. He did do much better once they gave him some help, especially with the TE chips but awful.

Thibodeaux is really good and looked like what we expected Chase Young to be when selecting him 2nd in the draft. Heck, Chase was called a generational talent and Thibs was not. 🙁

15 minutes ago, DWinzit said:

Yup, he was horrible. He did do much better once they gave him some help, especially with the TE chips but awful.

Thibodeaux is really good and looked like what we expected Chase Young to be when selecting him 2nd in the draft. Heck, Chase was called a generational talent and Thibs was not. 🙁

Thibodeaux will have good numbers this year but I do not think he is that good. When he goes up against a good tackle he doesn’t do much. Between our two games and the Jets game he has 6.5 of his 10 sacks. Lawrence did most of the work for him by taking two guys. 

Leno and Paul have to be replaced. I would be ok with seeing Stromberg and Daniels/Lucas. Hopefully after the Dallas game.

11 minutes ago, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Thibodeaux will have good numbers this year but I do not think he is that good. When he goes up against a good tackle he doesn’t do much. Between our two games and the Jets game he has 6.5 of his 10 sacks. Lawrence did most of the work for him by taking two guys. 

Leno and Paul have to be replaced. I would be ok with seeing Stromberg and Daniels/Lucas. Hopefully after the Dallas game.

I know Leno played poor and looked slow but has still been fairly solid. He (and Cosmi) is still better than most of the other OL we have on this roster. I'd love to see him play with a competent LG besides him. Paul has not proven effective or consistent, same with Charles.

I don't know what the deal is with Strom's injury, hoping he is back this year. He needs reps to see if he can be counted on in the future, whether at G or C or both. And Daniels is nothing but a question mark to date. 

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Shaq Leonard released by the Colts, but whoever picks him up would owe him $6.1M for the remainder of the season and he’s got big #’s in upcoming seasons.

Honestly we need playmakers and I’m willing to take the risk to see what happens. During next year we just have a lot of needs and having someone like him can help as long as he’s healthy. End of the day he probably going to Philly lol 

2024 free agent for me is easily Patrick queen man

if ravens let him go please

jusr get that dude

On 11/20/2023 at 6:43 AM, OtisDriftwood25 said:

To all the Charles Leno apologists. He played a horrible game yesterday with basic stunt concepts. Time to move on.

Hes good against mediocre de 

but anyone good or elite is just a nightmare . He be a good back up and that’s about it . 

On 11/20/2023 at 7:13 AM, OtisDriftwood25 said:

Thibideaux got tossed around by Williams when they played the Niners and the Jets lost multiple lineman during the game they played.

I’d like to see Lucas at LT and move Leno to RT to see if he can handle it.

2 hours ago, Commander202 said:

2024 free agent for me is easily Patrick queen man

if ravens let him go please

jusr get that dude

Hes good against mediocre de 

but anyone good or elite is just a nightmare . He be a good back up and that’s about it . 

Patrick Queen? We already have him. His name is Jamin Davis. Queen was one of the worst linebackers in the league until Roquan came aboard

11 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Absolutely no reason this team should be chasing contracts at this stage. New GM and staff should have say in all of that. GM find a HC, evaluate current roster/contracts, bring in the best possible assistants that mesh well with the new coach and coaching philosophy, then look at free agents and the draft. Clean slate for the off season.

Positional coaching has been a huge miss this year, need to have the right folks from top to bottom. Player considerations need to be after the new GM and staff are in place.

19 minutes ago, method man said:

Good to see Luvu get some love. I would venture to guess that the majority of this board has no idea who he is. He, then Al Shaair, are my top two at green dot LB.

I’m wondering why Ezra Cleveland is so low on the guard list. He has been having a very good season.

Rmeember when the Jags signed Oluokun in FA because they had so much money to spend?  With our cap space, we're going to have to spend.  I figure we spend big on LB considering our glaring need.

8 minutes ago, mhd24 said:

Rmeember when the Jags signed Oluokun in FA because they had so much money to spend?  With our cap space, we're going to have to spend.  I figure we spend big on LB considering our glaring need.

Lets hope that glaring need is finally recognized and properly addressed regardless of scheme is implemented. 

Between FA and the draft they need to at least double down on OL and LB's.

On 11/20/2023 at 6:43 AM, OtisDriftwood25 said:

He had a bad game, but he has had an alright season.   Yesterday he gave up 1 sack and 3 hurries for a total of 4 pressures.   On the season in 11 games 3 sacks, 3 QB hits, and 21 hurries for a total of 27 pressures, which is about 2.5 pressures per game.   When he loses he can lose fast which is problematic, but he is still a decent option and almost never gets hurt.    If we draft a Tackle high and then somehow get another good option in free agency, then move on, but make sure you have a good option if you are going to move on.  Bears fans felt somewhat similar to you, they were frustrated by him and definitely looking forward to moving on and then they downgraded at that position for the first two years after he left.

53 minutes ago, method man said:

Good to see Luvu get some love. I would venture to guess that the majority of this board has no idea who he is. He, then Al Shaair, are my top two at green dot LB.

I’m wondering why Ezra Cleveland is so low on the guard list. He has been having a very good season.

Seeing John Simpson and and Aaron Brewer on that list ahead of him is surprising.

10 hours ago, philibusters said:

He had a bad game, but he has had an alright season. 

Agree.

Don't want to judge a guy on his worst game.

Leno has not been amazing, but he has been our 2nd best lineman behind Cosmi all year. Of course you wanna upgrade but I got 3 other holes on the oline dragging the team down more than him.

Charles, Whyile and Gates have been aggregate dogwater. I don't think Larsen has played well either.

47 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Agree.

Don't want to judge a guy on his worst game.

Leno has not been amazing, but he has been our 2nd best lineman behind Cosmi all year. Of course you wanna upgrade but I got 3 other holes on the oline dragging the team down more than him.

Charles, Whyile and Gates have been aggregate dogwater. I don't think Larsen has played well either.

Larsen hasn’t really played well, but just setting the protections correctly more often has had a “rising tide lifts all ships” effect on a bad OL and young QB who collectively need all the help they can get. It was much worse