Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

15 minutes ago, KDawg said:

McLaurin isn’t the same situation as the ends. At all.

He’s already on his second contract. He’s been as good as the hype. He’s not a distraction in the least. 

I think moving on from guys makes sense. I think moving on from McLaurin, at this point, is stupid. 

In hockey, there are deadline rental deals and then there are "hockey trades".

Trading McLaurin for Tee Higgins to get younger at the position would be a "football trade".

I don't think it's a crazy idea, even if you're not in favor.  

3 minutes ago, NewCliche21 said:

If you're talking about doing anything that involves Terry not being here, then you need to be autobanned. Twice.

"The cemeteries are full of indispensable men" ~ Charles de Gaulle

Edited by CapsSkins
  • Thumb up 1

Just now, CapsSkins said:

Trading McLaurin for Tee Higgins to get younger at the position would be a "football trade".

I agree

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CapsSkins said:

The only way you could trade the two is if Higgins was tagged by Cincy, which honestly puts you in a terrible position negotiating with a guy who's already likely to get very overpaid. It would also mean we can't tag Curl. 

Now, if someone wanted to overpay us for Terry and we signed Higgins with the cap we would be paying Terry, especially depending on what offense we're going to run (ie I want Frank Smith from Miami and Higgins' speed would seem to fit what Miami foes, for example).

But Terry is at least half a tier better than Higgins. 

Just now, Rufus T Firefly said:

The only way you could trade the two is if Higgins was tagged by Cincy, which honestly puts you in a terrible position negotiating with a guy who's already likely to get very overpaid. It would also mean we can't tag Curl. 

Now, if someone wanted to overpay us for Terry and we signed Higgins with the cap we would be paying Terry, especially depending on what offense we're going to run (ie I want Frank Smith from Miami and Higgins' speed would seem to fit what Miami foes, for example).

But Terry is at least half a tier better than Higgins. 

I was thinking you'd get permission to negotiate the Higgins extension prior to executing the trade, which is not atypical.

People talking about trading Terry are battered fans. Our team is full of stinky flowers, but stop and smell the roses. We have about 5 of them, so it doesn't take much effort to find them. Terry is one of them. Enjoy the roses for what they are.

Sure, we can trade Terry. We might even get a good pick out of him if he's as overrated by the fans as some think, but somehow still able to command a price making him worth trading. Sam presumably goes too since the people talking Terry trades seem to generally be down on Sam. So we need a new QB. We need a new O-Line. We need a new defense. Jahan may or may not be a second string receiver. Logan Thomas is ancient. Who does our new QB playing behind a new O-Line throw to?

Pshhhaaawww, that's little details. Don't sweat them. It'll be fine, just look at the Cardinals. Actually, don't look at them. Look at the Bills when they didn't have Diggs yet. Actually, don't look at them either. You know what? Stop looking. Just do it. We can pay someone else's overrated WR instead.

giphy.gif

Edited by NickyJ
  • Like 3
  • Thumb up 1

2 hours ago, CapsSkins said:

"The cemeteries are full of indispensable men" ~ Charles de Gaulle

Uh why would you trade for Higgins to replace Terry when he’s going to demand a huge deal?? You’d then have a lesser (but still good WR) on similar money. 

If you’re going to try to get younger, you draft a new WR1. 

You keep Terry tho. He’s a damn good WR and whoever the QB of the future is, they’ll need a damn good WR. We should be thinking about getting another truly good WR to pair with him. Why can’t we just sign Tee Higgins or hell, Justin Jefferson might be ready to get the hell out of Minnesota. We have plenty of picks and cap space. Let’s build a truly elite unit built on meaningful position resource allocation. 

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93