Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

8 minutes ago, CommDownMan said:

He would have had both back to back.

Yeah but he hardly played when Wentz was there. Last season was the only season he has had so far when he was healthy and at least somewhat productive. He was their number two behind Pittman.

1 minute ago, MartinC said:

Yeah but he hardly played when Wentz was there. Last season was the only season he has had so far when he was healthy and at least somewhat productive. He was their number two behind Pittman.

That is fair.

Ironically, he got year 2 starter Brissett (after a year off and Luck starting)

The Ghost of Philip Rivers

The Remnants of Wentz

The Ghost of Matt Ryan

Certainly health is an issue, but there are reasons for lesser numbers when he was on the field.  I think he could make a case that there is more to be seen.

image.png.b82adddc2360cd74af745329ddc4dd24.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Est.1974 said:

Pure gold. Got to love that.

Seems like a good dude.  Hard to rally around guys you'd hate to be around IRL.  Aside from Jay Schroeder, was there anyone of significance in Joe Gibbs' classic years that were hateable?  Joe understood character so much that even the guys with drug problems were likable.

Any specific reason on CJGJ not being picked up yet ?

4034953.png&w=43&h=60&scale=crop&backgro

8. C.J. Gardner-Johnson, S

2022 team: Philadelphia Eagles | Age entering 2023 season: 25

Here's another Philadelphia offseason addition. Gardner-Johnson is a safety who is versatile enough to play in the slot; he had six interceptions (tied for the league lead) in just 12 games last season. That's a valuable trait, especially for a player who hasn't reached his prime. He's an urgent defender on tape, with the coverage traits and ball skills to fit in multiple defensive schemes.

3 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Any specific reason on CJGJ not being picked up yet ?

4034953.png&w=43&h=60&scale=crop&backgro

8. C.J. Gardner-Johnson, S

2022 team: Philadelphia Eagles | Age entering 2023 season: 25

Here's another Philadelphia offseason addition. Gardner-Johnson is a safety who is versatile enough to play in the slot; he had six interceptions (tied for the league lead) in just 12 games last season. That's a valuable trait, especially for a player who hasn't reached his prime. He's an urgent defender on tape, with the coverage traits and ball skills to fit in multiple defensive schemes.

Unrelated to his NFL career, but CJ isn't the greatest at fan outreach.

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, CommDownMan said:

He would have had both back to back.

If I was a WR and I had to play with the corpse of Carson Wentz and the ghost of Matt Ryan in back-to-back years, I would just re-enroll back in college. Try again next time.

1 minute ago, CommandB11 said:

B-

Agreed B- So far

4 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

What's everybody's grade for Free Agency so far this off-season?

Mine C+

What moves have we not made that you wanted to happen ?

Edited by Est.1974

35 minutes ago, lovemaskins said:

Off topic question, did Wentz retire? Or is he actually still looking for a place to play but we've heard nothing because of how poorly last season wentz? 

I think he’s probably in a situation where he has to wait until after the draft or if someone gets hurt in preseason. 

6 minutes ago, markmills67 said:

More quality signing at IOL and LB, moving Cosmi to RG could go either way 

I like the OL signings but an extra piece of quality in there would be nice. Powers got 50mil so is that where you want to be at G ? Not sure why Risner is still on the shelf. 

As for Lb, well Holcomb is getting 3/18 at PITT. Is that value ? 

FA isn’t about the most $$$ you spend. I think it’s now become about finding those underrated players. Not saying we’ve found any. But it’s about getting value. 

The key is a backdrop of drafting well.

Edited by Est.1974
  • Like 2
  • Thumb up 1

It's pretty easy for me to grade this FA period an "A" so far.

Also looks like Larsen is back: https://commanderswire.usatoday.com/2023/03/15/washington-commanders-re-sign-center-tyler-larsen-2023-nfl-free-agency/

The team addressed Oline and Linebacker, two spots of need.  I mean, it could turn into an "F" real quick if these guys tank, but I like the Payne extension, and Wylie seems like a great addition.

"A" from me, dog.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dark Acre said:

Seems like a good dude.  Hard to rally around guys you'd hate to be around IRL.  Aside from Jay Schroeder, was there anyone of significance in Joe Gibbs' classic years that were hateable?  Joe understood character so much that even the guys with drug problems were likable.

Heath Shuler

angry star trek GIF

:229:The Rook

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lovemaskins said:

Off topic question, did Wentz retire? Or is he actually still looking for a place to play but we've heard nothing because of how poorly last season wentz? 

he probably went into darkness at the same location that Aaron Rogers went to.  someone probably locked him in there and threw away the keys.  hahahaha

14 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

What does Ron have against upgrading at LB. I get there's a time and place for everything...but c'mon man.

Barton just seems like a JAG/Holcomb clone.

presumably there's cap limitations plus the fact we're looking for a specific type player

13 minutes ago, The Rook said:

Heath Shuler

:229:The Rook

was picked by Norv Turner