Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

27 minutes ago, Koolblue13 said:

There are 3 LBers late day one, early day two that I would LOVE to draft, so I wonder if that's on the table,

Listening to Keim, I doubt it. 

I think they draft a LB but I don’t get the vibe it’s a burning desire where it comes that high. 

Edited by Skinsinparadise
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Patriots dump the Jonnu Smith contact that had 6mil still gtd in 2023 and replace it with Gesicki.

As cold as it is…

i would cut Thomas and sign Smith or another TE for hire..

Thomas being paid too much for being on IR too often

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, sjinhan said:

As cold as it is…

i would cut Thomas and sign Smith or another TE for hire..

Thomas being paid too much for being on IR too often

I would releaseThomas as well but keep the door open for his return at a cheaper number while potentially doing what New England did by bringing in someone younger with greater upside but still with NFL experience.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, method man said:

I think they are comfortable with Gates as the starting center if needed and that is not the case with Wes. If that is the thinking, it's still quite the premium to pay for Gates vs Schweitzer unless that third year is some big dummy year where the base salary is way higher vs year 1 and year 2. 

Regarding the broader comment of the current OL, I think they cut Roullier after the draft once they take a center and that center may be your day 1 starter. I also wouldn't rule out a tackle with the first round pick. Leno/Wylie/Gates/Cosmi/1st round pick RT is a very solid OL with two athletic stud guards opening things up in the interior

Highlighted below, there is a 1.5 mill roster bonus year 3, 750k active game day bonus and a 3.4 mill base.  It appears easy to break after 2 years and would be essentailly a 2yr/10.7mill deal.  I wouldn't call it a big dummy year, but significant raise from first 2 years.  

image.thumb.png.51ce93a5a880ee3dde821edcbcff639f.png

• Like 2

Just now, KDawg said:

It’s amazing the deal Rush signed vs. the deal other backups got this off-season. And he was, arguably, better than any of them in his small sample of work.

There is still a big draw to players to go to Dallas if it's an option.. It doesn't overwhelm every other consideration but it still plays large for many. I hate it, but it's still a real thing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Jumbo said:

There is still a big draw to players to go to Dallas if it's an option.. It doesn't overwhelm every other consideration but it still plays large for many. I hate it, but it's still a real thing.

You’re right. And the RedCommandTeam has the exact opposite. It’s like a magnet. Dallas is the end that pulls in another magnet. We are the end that is resisted.

:ols:

• Thumb up 1

Just now, JamesMadisonSkins said:

Bengals OT Jonah Williams is available for trade …. Give Cincy 16 for Jonah and 28

Cut Leno. Swap salaries essentially. 

Won’t happen but a man can dream 

He broke down for them in the playoffs right? I remember hearing the announcers saying something along the lines that either the Bengals weren't real happy with him or that he had underperformed thus far in his career? Maybe I heard both? 

16 minutes ago, KDawg said:

It’s amazing the deal Rush signed vs. the deal other backups got this off-season. And he was, arguably, better than any of them in his small sample of work.

IMO not better than Brisset or Dalton who IMO were better than him by a clear peg.

But good price for him.   They won with him when Dak was out 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

IMO not better than Brisset or Dalton who IMO were better than him by a clear peg.

But good price for him.   They won with him when Dak was out 

I’d agree not better than Dalton. Brisset kind of a toss up. But probably not him, either.

20 minutes ago, KDawg said:

I’d agree not better than Dalton. Brisset kind of a toss up. But probably not him, either.

Not really close for me.

I wasn’t that impressed with Rush when I watched 

He helped win games but 58 percent completion rate with under 200 yards per game and he wasn’t throwing the ball down the field much to boot.

I would take him as a backup but yeah for me Brissett and Dalton are a clear peg better so I’ll agree to disagree 

Edited by Skinsinparadise

2 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not really close for me.

He helped win games but 58 percent completion rate with under 200 yards per game and he wasn’t throwing the ball down the field much to boot.

I would take him as a backup but yeah for me Brissett and Dalton are a clear peg better so I’ll agree to disagree 

Like I said, not better than Dalton. Probably not Brissett. But maybe a guy like, oh, I don't know.... Mike White? Or other backup types that have signed on elsewhere. 

5 minutes ago, Skinsinparadise said:

Not really close for me.

Rush looked better than TH to my eyes.

5 minutes ago, KDawg said:

Like I said, not better than Dalton. Probably not Brissett. But maybe a guy like, oh, I don't know.... Mike White? Or other backup types that have signed on elsewhere. 

Sure I can go with Mike White as a comp 

2 minutes ago, BatteredFanSyndrome said:

Rush looked better than TH to my eyes.

lol that’s a low bar 

• Haha 1