Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Official 2023 ES Free Agency Thread... available until Free Agency 2024 begins

Riggo-toni

6 minutes ago, method man said:

I don’t think this guy beats out Mathis or Ridgeway

Probably a 1 year deal.  I can't see him replacing Ridgeway but there must be concerns with Mathis's injury and comeback.  Just a guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 1

What is the status with Dalton Schultz? Not sure why we don't kick the tires there. I think Logan Thomas is likely a shell of his former self and is making too much money to justify his level of play. Would see Schultz as an upgrade if we don't have to pay too much money. Could flourish in an EB offense.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

Say it with me

Camp Body

We must get reimbursed on FAs by the pound or something. No luv for the skill positions.

:ols: there are still a couple of skill position FA out there I’d be looking at. We must bring someone in, right ?

• Thumb up 1

10 minutes ago, bird_1972 said:

What is the status with Dalton Schultz? Not sure why we don't kick the tires there. I think Logan Thomas is likely a shell of his former self and is making too much money to justify his level of play. Would see Schultz as an upgrade if we don't have to pay too much money. Could flourish in an EB offense.

Our luck..Shultz will probably re-sign with the Cows on a 1 year - 1 million deal.  I think if someone doesn't offer then he will gladly go back to Dallas.  I'm hoping we at least kick the tires or attempt to jack the price up like we did with Cooper a few years ago.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, FootballZombie said:

They like big butts and they can not lie.

Nothin' wrong with that.

How 'bout getting some more of them big butts on the offensive side of the line!

19 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Got to be worth bringing in :

He's a linebacker and not a DT .... so don't hold your breath!

Edited by bird_1972
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

Seems to me like they have the cap budgeted out by position.

And they have a very large chunk to the DL. 

And a very small chunk to backers. Obviously numbers of players in those positions effects that, but I’m talking $/player.

1 hour ago, KDawg said:

Seems to me like they have the cap budgeted out by position.

And they have a very large chunk to the DL. 

And a very small chunk to backers. Obviously numbers of players in those positions effects that, but I’m talking $/player.

Seems like 3/18 on Holcomb was too rich for them. Fair enough for him. I’ll guess they were going 4mil per year and maybe 2 years. based on Barton getting near enough that on a one year deal. The reported interest in Tranquill likely falls away due to cost. Maybe 6mil APY is, like you say, above the bar at backer. 

15 minutes ago, Est.1974 said:

Seems like 3/18 on Holcomb was too rich for them. Fair enough for him. I’ll guess they were going 4mil per year and maybe 2 years. based on Barton getting near enough that on a one year deal. The reported interest in Tranquill likely falls away due to cost. Maybe 6mil APY is, like you say, above the bar at backer. 

I’m basing it on total spending (perceived, no math involved) on the position during this regimes tenure. 

Just seems like there is a resource budget on ILB.

Which also makes it a very realistic position to see drafted.