Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What image from TV is etched in your memory forever?

The Evil Genius

12 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

This always stuck with me about honesty and how “news” works. 

Anyways, back to this clip….that Im not watching on repeat until I die…

Gabe Kaplan is trying soo hard to avert his gaze. You know his wife must be right there behind the camera. 

Truly a worthy sight.

@EmirOfShmo your avatar could be thrown into memories from that same time frame also, the Three Stooges were the morning fare after a sleep over involving late night creature feature.  If I'm waxing nostalgic, which I certainly am, I'd include Land of the Lost, Lancelot Link Secret Chimp and the Banana Splits.  **** Wonderama though, never liked that foolishness.

Edited by The 12th Commandment
  • Thumb up 1
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, The 12th Commandment said:

@EmirOfShmo your avatar could be thrown into memories from that same time frame also, the Three Stooges were the morning fare after a sleep over involving late night creature feature.  If I'm waxing nostalgic, which I certainly am, I'd include Land of the Lost, Lancelot Link Secret Chimp and the Banana Splits.  **** Wonderama though, never liked that foolishness.

Don't forget to have a puff...

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Super Duper Ain't No Party Pooper Two Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Larry said:

Props for The Equalizer.  

I'd go Star Trek (shocking, huh?), Hill Street Blues, and Equalizer.  

Yes, Star Trek is a great one too. I should have mentioned that one but I didn't watch TOS until just a few years ago. Yeah I missed out.

27 minutes ago, NickyJ said:

Just go there and get the bad guys. It felt so simple back then.

I miss Norman Schwarzkopf's press conferences. 

I remember a reporter once, pointing out that, prior to the war, everybody knew that Iraq had more Soviet SAMs per square mile than anywhere outside Moscow. And every night, we see video of dozens of rockets being fired into the sky. And yet, we're being told that the US is conducting hundreds of missions every night, and that we have not lost a single pilot or aircraft. And how can you reconcile these statements. 

And Schwarzkopf started to draw a breath to speak. Froze for a second. And said ....

"I .... don't think I want to tell you why their anti-aircraft isn't working better."

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, The 12th Commandment said:

This got me thinking some more. In the fall of 1972 I was in 10th grade. Earlier that summer, the horrifying image of a 9 year old Vietnamese girl - Phan Thị Kim Phúc OOnt - running naked after a napalm bombing during the Vietnam War was plastered all over the news channels. There were other pictures and videos from Vietnam that played on the nightly news that were just as horrific but that picture really hit me. I won't post the picture.

A couple of weeks after this, the Watergate scandal broke. 

Both the Vietnam war (which ended my senior year of HS) and Watergate (Nixon resigned in August 1974) were always in the background during my HS years. No wonder we smoked so much reefer. 

• Like 1
  • Thumb up 2

Re:  The original intent of this post

... not just the image but the theme.... 

parting clouds over Springfield... THE SIMPSONS.... 

Re: The dark news story twist

It's not the broadcast videos but the firefighter training vid and them exclaiming **** HOLY ****

Re: Also

Super Bowl 22, probably the first half including Williams getting injured / fumbling.  I wore that VHS tape out. 

OJ Simpson trying on the bloody glove... 

I know this thread says "from TV" but Bo Jackson diagnolly running through Tecmo Bowl / Super Bowl... and the swarm of players running after him. It was so much fun to run back and forth a couple times before scoring. 

EAs NHL, and NBA video games from the mid fo late 90s.  Our kids have no idea how online changed the way we play sports video games.  And I was somewhat of a loser.. I aced those games so much I never lost even against the hardest difficulty.  I knew all the cheese spots, etc.  

• Thumb up 1

Recall Willard Scott talking about how much broadcasting had changed, since he started out. 

He said that his first broadcasting job was an AM radio station that started broadcasting at 6AM. And his job was to go in at 5AM, and switch on the transmitter, so the vacuum tubes could warm up. 

And then for the next hour, he would go to a studio, stand in front of a microphone, and go "boooooooooooooo...

• Haha 1